Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Agent Sinistra rolled 10 10-sided dice: 5, 3, 3, 7, 4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 7 Total: 38 (10-100)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm
@ Shogi Competition, Kyumi's Table:
Rain Yupa
Ide Jiro has 1 banked raise.
Kitsu Kyumi has 1 banked raise.

"Hm? Oh, that!" Jiro would suddenly speak up, reaching up to scratch his cheek. "Just a disagreement between a magistrate and I. It was simply a misunderstanding, which has been resolved," he would explain, being rather vague about the details. {Modified 22 Etiquette to be roundabout, with his Free Raise to make it sound extra misunderstandedly}

Jiro would take his next turn, maneuvering his pieces and avoiding any direct confrontation for the moment. {1 raise declared, 10 vs TN 10; free raise banked.} "A lovely girl like you, only after my pieces? I'll believe it when I see it," he said, winking at her. {Untrained Deceit (Seduction) roll of 19, with a Free Raise to make it seem light-hearted and humorous instead of blatant that he's coming on to you}

Though, seeing the sudden change in her demeanor, he would ask, "I'm not distracting you, am I?"

"I..." Kyumi would finally bring herself to looking straight at the spirit as she spoke to it. In a hushed tone she would admonish the spirit,"Would you please behave? This is a public place..." It was only once the spirit's once cheerful expression began to tighten that Kyumi would appear to almost flinch as if she feared that she would be suddenly struck down.

"Ah... Yes, of course, My Lady. I appear to have forgotten myself. To think that my thoughtless actions would have outed Ji-chan and my ~forbidden~ love!" The spirit would dramatically monologue; her voice sounding honeyed and almost venomously sweet. "Oh~ Kyumi-Sama! Whatever would I do without you?!" Still, despite her theatrics, the spirit would reluctantly extract herself from Jiro and take a seat at one of the empty sides of the board.

"Is this better, or am I still to close to him for your precious maiden's heart to bear?" She would answer darkly. The spirit had given up of playing up the situation for the time being, and its irritation was now quite plain. "And before you start talking to me, for all the Fortunes' sake, answer the poor man and make your move. I can only imagine how much he must enjoy seeing your half of this... 'conversation'."

Kyumi would quickly move one of her pieces with little thought. While she was trying to get one of her pieces to the point where she could promote it, Kyumi found herself far too caught up in trying to salvage the conversation to give much thought to it.

"I... I'm sorry, Ide-san... I just..." Kyumi would flounder as she attempted to give Jiro what she thought would be an acceptable response. "It's just... Your injuries look painful. I... I could heal you if you'd like."

((Rolling 3k3 + 1 raise; 11 vs TN 10, once again banking the roll. Also rolling etiquette (5k3 = 13) in an attempt to try to keep from looking too awkward.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:18 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has 2 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 2 banked raises.

Ide Jiro would tilt his head a bit, and half-looked over his shoulder... after the ancestral spirit had already moved. He would turn back seeing Kyumi's attentions elsewhere.

"You seem... distracted, Kyumi-san. Are you sure its by my injuries. My intuition tells me otherwise..." He would move most of the pawns out of the way, releasing some of his more important pieces onto the battlefield. {1 Raise, 25 vs TN 10, 1 banked raise}

"If you think such treatment is necessary, I will submit to your expertise. But if that's the kind of game we're playing, I have expertise of my own that might interest you." He finger would dawdle on a bishop, keenly watching Kyumi's golden eyes now. {Untrained Deceit [Seduction] roll of 12 to be innocuous}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 3, 8 Total: 14 (3-30)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm
@Shogi Competition

"Is it really that unusual for a healer to be concerned about the injured? Even if it was over a minor misunderstanding... I... I can't imagine that being on the receiving end of a magistrate's... displeasure would be a pleasant or painless experience." Kyumi would answer; her sentences were filled with pauses as she tried to navigate the social scenario as best she could. It didn't help that the spirit wasn't all that subtle when it expressing her amusement. Kyumi's current discomfort and Jiro's interest appeared to have improved the spirit's disposition.

"Besides, the tournament only has a few more days left. It would be a shame to be unable to enjoy them to the fullest because you're still feeling sore." She would focus on one of her other pieces on the board, and would then move her rook further down the board.

"What expertise might that be?" She would ask, somewhat intrigued.

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3 + 1 raise; 14 vs TN 10, once again banking the raise))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has 3 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 3 banked raises.

"Why, I'm an expert on matters of the heart! And I cannot ignore the plight of one such maiden's. It is my duty as a samurai to ensure that yours is filled with the love and joy that it rightfully deserves!"

Jiro would grin broadly, as he practically shone with pride and self assurance. "Obviously, something has been plaguing your thoughts, and I can see the truth in your eyes. With your permission, I would like to attempt to assuage any uncertainties that you might have, concerning the realm of love."

Either anticlimatically, or perhaps to prove a point, he added afterwards, "Lance takes Knight." {1 Raise, 15 vs TN 10, Kyumi's TN is increased by 5!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 3 Total: 15 (3-30)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 pm
@Shogi Competition

"B... Beg pardon?" Kyumi looked more than a little surprised. While she hadn't exactly had a good idea as to what the Unicorn might have suggested, she certainly hadn't thought it would have been that.

While Kyumi had been somewhat dumbstruck, the spirit howled with laughter. "YES~! This is more like it!"She would almost crow, sounding more pleased than she should be."Don't just sit there! ACCEPT IT! FORTUNES' SAKE, GIRL, SAY YES!"

Still a bit out of it, Kyumi would numbly move forward a pawn. It was yet another mostly thoughtless move, but that's hardly a surprise.

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3 + 1 raise; 15 vs TN 15, banking the raise))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has 3 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 4 banked raises.

Jiro would flash her a grin, as he moved to take the pawn that Kyumi just moved into a vulnerable position. {1 Raise, 21 vs TN 10, banking the raise}

"Hmm... hard to get. I should have expected as much," he would claim brazenly, though grinning all the while. "I know its somewhat unorthodox, but how about a wager on this game. If you win, you can play apothecary to me. If I win, I get to play apothecary to you, and we'll see exactly what makes that Kitsu heart of yours beat with passion."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 10 Total: 17 (3-30)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 pm
@Shogi Competition

While Kyumi had recovered from her moment of confusion and shock, she still wasn't entirely certain what to do. For a second, she was about to reject the idea out of hand- after all, what would Kenichi think? But then again... Temptation would call to her, and remind her that, technically speaking, she wasn't actually promised to anyone.

"If you don't accept this bet, I will make sure you never have a moment of peace ever again. EVER AGAIN." The spirit would threaten upon seeing Kyumi's slight moment of hesitation.

First, she would take her turn, an attempt to move her bishop to a more secure spot on the board. Then, Kyumi would look Jiro straight in the eyes.

"... I accept."

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3, using a raise to lower Kyumi's TN ; 17 vs TN 15 ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:42 pm
@Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has 4 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 4 banked raises.

Jiro would chuckle, then nod with a twinkle in his eye. "Then I have to make sure I win this game, don't I? Such an opportunity only comes up once a dynasty!"

Though he was easily baited by the bishop's repositioning, he didn't realize he had sent his rook right into a trap that Kyumi might or might not have intentionally set. One of those moves you realize you just screwed yourself, but it was too late to take back. {1 Raise, 8 vs TN 10. Kyumi gains a banked raise!}

Jiro would gulp upon realizing his folly.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 3, 7 Total: 17 (3-30)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kyumi was more than happy to seize up the opportunity she'd been given, and she'd do so with a smile. The shugenja would take the opportunity to bring her lance forward to capture his rook.

"Lance takes Rook. I'll take that."

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3 + 1 raise, banking the raise ; 17 vs TN 10))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm
@Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has 4 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 6 banked raises.

Jiro would lift a finger and waggle it, trying to dissuade Kyumi's confidence. "I'll have you know, that was just part of my cunning master plan. Don't think you're off the hook so soon, my dear. I have every intention on winning that wager." He would move his Silver General up, trying to pin her Lance and Bishop to one side of the board. {1 Raise, 14 vs TN 10, Jiro banks a raise!}  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:30 pm
@Shogi Competition

"Cunning master plan, hm?" She'd tease and would then move her bishop away from his general and towards the Promotion zone. "We'll see how long that lasts..."

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3 + 1 raise; 8 vs TN 10))  
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 3 Total: 8 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 pm
((And I'm a derp that forgot to roll dice. neutral ))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:37 pm
@Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has 6 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 6 banked raises.

{Jiro gains a free raise}

Jiro would let out a laugh, watching the Kitsu's bold maneuver across the board. "You may be able to waltz into the hearts of men, but their territories are a different matter altogether!" {1 Raise, 19 vs TN 10; Kyumi's TN is increased to 10}

He would capture the Bishop with his Gold General, denying her her prize.  
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 5 Total: 25 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kyumi let out a soft sound of dismay. There went her chance of a dragon horse... Still, she wasn't about to give up on the possibility of promoting at least one of her pieces. She still had a rook, and that, providing that it wasn't snatched away from her before she had the chance, could be promoted as well...

"It's only a minor setback! You'll see!"

She'd move her rook forward as far as she could get away with.

((Rolling Awareness, 3k3 + 1 raise; 25 vs TN 15, Banking!))  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 pm
@Shogi Competition:

Ide Jiro has (6) 0 banked raises.
Kitsu Kyumi has 7 banked raises.

Jiro would frown, looking at the Rook that plowed through his pawns, and was set to devastate his lines if left unattended. "This looks like the end for our brave hero!" he would jest, holding the back of his palm against his forehead.

"But who will be left to protect your king?" he asked, as he moved a bishop to snag it. "Check." {12 vs TN 5, 6 banked raises spent to Check Kyumi. Kyumi, your TN is 20!}

And he would smirk like a cat that ate the canary.  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games