Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:48 am
HP 90/95 Conditions: N/A

Valac draws his vanguard blade again and gave chase after the devil leaping over the armrest of the throne. Landing he continued his pursuit of the Devil.

Valac then charged beneath and between its legs hacking away at them with a warcry.

Carrying on this momentum Valac dealt a brutal slam in an attempt to continue the plan to send the Devil into the void.

This grandiose display of violence triggered the abyssal nature within Valac who lashed out violently at any around him sending the devil further away. Ending with a mighty roar.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:09 pm
Novi Moves, then charges to N3 for a bull rush.

26 vs reflex for 16 dmg, push them back 1 and shift into N2  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 pm
Move: S12
Minor: Sustain DR
Minor: Stream of Life, Kuori takes 5 dmg

If Maukeen is damaged, heal Maukeen for 18hp
If not, Ruin.

Daily ✦ Divine, Healing
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You take ongoing 5 damage (save ends). This damage can’t be reduced in any way. At the end of your turn, you can choose not to make a saving throw against this ongoing damage. Whenever you take the ongoing damage, an ally within 5 squares of you regains 15 hit points.
+1 healing from Healer's Armor
+2 healing feat  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:25 pm
THP: 10 HP 76/88
AC: 19 Fort: 20
Reflex: 21 Will: 18
Vestige: Zutwa
Shadow Walk Active (Concealment and CA)

"Damn..." The short tiefling spoke, "..., he was such a pushover."

Moving closer to the others(R8 Shadow Walk!) He turned his head, and look at Vivian's soul. "Hey Vivian! Come, join the party!" Level his rod at the tether, and let loose a blast of arcane energy.(Attack: 19 or 21 w/CA vs. Reflex
Hit: 20 damage.)

Move: R8 Shadow Walk Active

Eldritch Blast
Target: Vivian's Tether
Attack: 19 or 21 w/CA vs. Reflex
Hit: 20 damage.

Warlock Curse: 0

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:30 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl, ???
Ash: HP 28/58, , 10 Necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2 AC, prone
Valac: HP 95/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res,
Novi: HP 74/91, 10 necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2AC
Kuori HP: 57/75 10 necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, prone
Ruin HP:73/88, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, prone
Vivian
Muakeen, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC

Through the combined efforts of the entire party, the hapless Archdevil is pushed over the edge of the stone pedestal, with Valac giving it a few good whacks along the way. His gargantuan form quickly disappears into the abyss below.

For a moment there is silence. The souls of the Goliaths in human form all still hang in space, bound to the enormous throne bound by their radiant threads. Ruin decides to shoot thread binding the monstrous creature resembling his employee.

The line shatters into a million little pieces of light, then fades. As if released by some giant invisible hand, Vivian falls from the sky and plummets to the stone pedestal below. She lands with a thud in a cloud of dust and feathers. For a moment, she lays there unmoving. Gone from her larger, more monstrous form are all the purple tattoos that covered her in the same way as Valac's.

Suddenly, her violet eyes pop open and she begins to look about wildly. Vivi sits up, her long, untamed hair billows around her like a cloak. She clutches her clawed hands so hard to her face that her nails begin draw blood. "The chains... all gone... holding me together... ALL GONE... the chaos inside... the... pain... the PAIN... make it stop... make it... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPP!" Her voice, starting out as a manic whisper, quickly crescendos into an ear splitting scream, sending a shockwave wave of psychic force in all directions around her. Ash, Kuori and Ruin are all knocked off their feet, (13 damage, after DR). Maukein, with her tentacles holding her in place, is the only one who manages to stay on her feet, but she still seems a little worse for wear. (4 damage).

Vivian jumps to her feet. Her wild, terrified gaze quickly shifts between all those surrounding her. "Why did you do this to me? Why why why WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY!!!" She brandishes her claws, still dripping with her own blood. "I will not let you hurt me more! Agghhh, why won't it STOP!"

Maukein stands by, looking confused , but ready to attack Vivian if necessary. "What is this... creature? It looks like something that..." She quickly trails off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:03 pm
Free Action:

"Nobody hurt her!" Ruin commanded, more like pleaded with his allies. "Please."  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Muattles rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Muattles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:23 am
Ash, standing up from where they fell, is very clearly bloodied from the attack that came from the larger creature released by the warlock.

Ash responds to the Warlock's pleading with a mental message (audible to anyone within 5 squares telepathically) "I don't believe that we have such a luxury, it may have been wiser to leave them chained while we discovered more about this realm...but I can try...should it fail I may have a way to keep them contained while we can figure something else out."

Diplomacy Roll of 7+16=23

Ash talks to Vivi, clearly raging, "Your friends are here, they do not want to hurt you, they want to protect you. Let them in, they can stop the pain."

Spell and damage roll to be used later maybe: 17+14=31 for 6+1+5=12 psychic damage

Spell and relevant stuff

Daily ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Nethermancy, Psychic, Shadow, Zone
Standard Action Area burst 2 within 10 squares

Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain, and creatures grant combat advantage while in it. You then make the following attack.

Target: Each creature in the burst

Attack: Intelligence vs. Will

Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage, and the target is dazed, cannot leave the zone willingly, and cannot see creatures outside the zone (save ends all). If the target is already dazed, it takes 5 extra psychic damage.

Also relevant

Apprentice Mage: Illusion - When you hit a target with an arcane illusion power, the target takes a -2 penalty to the next attack roll it makes against you before the end of your next turn.

Mystic Rapture (11): Each enemy that enters a space within 3 squares of you or that starts its turn there takes a -5 penalty to saving throws against charm effects and a -2 penalty to all other saving throws.

Phantom Echoes - When you use an arcane illusion power and hit a target, you gain combat advantage against that target until the end of your next turn. If the illusion power has an effect that a save can end, you instead gain combat advantage against the target until it saves against that effect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:39 pm
As Ash spoke telepathically to Vivi, she would clutch her hands back to her head as if she was having a splitting. "No! Not another voice! I already have enough! Friends friends friends, what friends? How could they stop the pain? My body...I should not exist...it wants to pull itself apart! It hurrrrrtssss!"

Despite her incoherent ramblings. Vivan's stance does seem a little bit less hostile. It seems ash's words had gotten through to her on some level.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:13 am
Valac who had been watching the chaos unfold from the edge of the void grimaced as it continued. Fumbling with the buckles of his marauder's armour Valac rushed over to Ruin and Ash, trying to expose his seal to them not caring if his armour fell off him or not.

Catching both their eyes he'd growl pointing at his seal, "Look! she used to have one of these, I still have mine. Figure it out. Peel it off my skin and put it on her if you have to!"

Then turning to address Vivian Valac would yell out, "Vivian! What would Tristan think if he saw you like this!? Attacking your friends and employer for trying to help you! You're in pain?! If you need something to lash out at or to bite down on to help then come here! This meathead can take it! Big brother can take it! But if you keep hurting your friends like this then you'll make big brother do something he'll regret!"

Valac then stood with his arms wide open putting a brave face as he grinned like a mad man awaiting his punishment for being so brazen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:40 am
At first, Vivian would shrink away from Valac and his loud voice. But then, a glimmer of recognition would enter into her crazed looking eyes. "Meat... Head?" Vivian stares long and hard at the barbarian and then looks around at the others as well. "V-Valac... Ruin... I... Argh!" She would grab her head again in pain. "Why won't it stooooop? I'm going to screeeeam!" She begins to shake her head. "Nononononono, focus, FOCUS... through the pain. I... I remember... my friends."

Vivian would calm down for a moment. "That tattoo. It was important, wasn't it? I had one like it, and many more. All gone. ALL GONNEEEE." Vivian would collapse to her feet, breathing heavily. It seems like she is struggling with something internally. "The pain... the chaos within... I must let it out. I must... move to safety... so I don't hurt... my friends..."  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:21 am
"You went to free the tribesmen, Remember? You are the reason we won that battle. Sadly, you were captured in one of the cages. Your body, and those seals, are still in the material plane. This is what is your mind and soul and what Aria has done to it." Ruin tried to explain what knowledge he has already obtained to Vivian, and Maukeen, Novi and Ash.

He should have guessed, there was a safe guard in place. The Shadow Fox couldn't control her self in her alternative form either..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:13 pm
Vivian continued to crouch on the ground panting. "I...yes...maybe? That... sound right... but... hard to focus... though pain. Memory...hazy... broken... hng." Vivian would suddenly winch. "keep it inside, insideinsidenisideinside...hah."  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am
Novi Moves to R7and points their weapon towards the girl. "I don't know you. But if you hurt my allies again I will strike you down."

33 Intimidate.

-----------------
Kuori is still focusing on the fight, not believing that was the end of it.
She stands up.
"Back down Vivian." A thrum of energy ripples out from her.

Kuori gains regeneration 5.

Daily ✦ Divine, Healing, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 2
Target: Each enemy in burst you can see
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage, and you push
the target 1 square.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you gain regeneration
5, and you and each ally within the burst gain a +2 power
bonus to AC.
Ignores 1 resistance from Breaching Gauntlets
+3 damage from Astral Symbol
Crits on 19-20

Free Action: Heal Ash for 18hp  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 2 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:55 pm
Ruin would step forth(5ft step, next to Vivian) place a comforting hand on Vivian. "By the Nine Gates, Novi. Chill. She is a tiefling, this isn't her normal form. Demi's of powerful creatures often have trouble with their power. Add to that, she is in pain!"

With that said, he would turn his mind to helping his employee.

Arcane 23
If the first one fails, Action Point to repeat the roll... 15  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items