Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:41 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Jongsoo couldn't believe it; he was in Ravenclaw. He was the first Raven in the Han family. His brothers, Seong and Eun had been in Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, respectively. He couldn't really believe it, no matter how many times he told himself that he was, in fact, sorted into the house that valued wit. He didn't really mind the hat blurting out that he was an introvert. It was okay, because he knew it was true.

His naturally...wide...eyes, widened more. The house of bronze and blue cheered as he was sorted. He went to the table, his head down, his fingers in knots. Now was the hard part. To communicate with people. He could already feel his stomach being pulled. It was a bad feeling, but not unfamiliar. Now all he has to do is wait for the sorting to end.

❂ ❂ ċ:: Fwee of interaction! Though I might not be able to reply quickly. ;3;

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:26 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

"Well you wouldn't be completely alone. I may not talk much, but I do still speak." She pointed out. She knew that she made it difficult to be nice to new people or to talk to people she didn't know, but just because she didn't know them didn't mean that she'd never talk to them.

She nodded when he talked of the cream his grandmother gave him.
                                                "It's fine that she wasn't there, I'm pretty sure I can survive with a bit of sunburn." She joked, nudging him gently. She smiled when Iñigo told her that his family liked her. "Your family is a joy as well, by the way. They're a very fun bunch." She said. She wouldn't say it to Iñigo, but she feared they were going to be just as official-like as his father was, and was very relieved that they weren't.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:01 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He calmly nodded to her, showing that he did understand what she was saying as well. "I know you do, I'm just saying I personally don't want to start talking about myself. I love having some friends and all, but I really don't want people knowing too much about me. You remember our first conversation. I was kind of reserved. I especially won't tell anyone about my family's...wealth. That's a good way to get a lot of fake friends, which I don't want to have. Of course, there could be some people like you who looked past it," he admitted to her calmly, not an expression on his face as he began to recognize why exactly he didn't exactly want too many friends. And the reason why he chose the people he talked to carefully.

He watched her and smiled as she nudged him, laughing a bit. "You might be able to, but I can't ever deal with sunburn. But then again, I had a lot of it..." he said to her, sighing. He hated the time that he had the sunburn, that was for sure. It hurt so badly that it almost made him want to just go to sleep for two days and not wake up, just to not be in pain. Luckily, his grandmother dealt with it promptly and within a day, it was gone. "And yeah, my whole family is like that, well, on my mother's side they are. My father's side of the family seems to have some dull people in it," he admitted to her, not really knowing what else to say about that. He always loved to be with his mother's side of the family. All the stories around the fire...the guitar playing...everything was just fun.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Arkendrai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:36 am
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]
Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth

As he flipped through the book that he had laid open in front of him he listened to last names enough so he could pay attention to the sortings he was actually interested in. There would be the last name Ryans, though he had yet to bother actually learn the kid's first name-then again it wasn't like any of the Averys would have bothered to learn it. Well, perhaps they would have, he didn't doubt his grandfather tended to have a vested interest in keeping up with those from disowned members of the family, and his parents probably knew as they did keep in contact with the Ryans. Or at least his father did enough to give a loan to them to buy Flourish and Blotts. He probably shouldn't have glanced at his father's account book a few years ago, then again, his father probably shouldn't have left the thing open on his desk in his office where he let anyone come and go as they pleased. Regardless, there was also Chaisty, Wendy who was his second cousin who had managed to be the first person that David ever saw that he was fairly sure his sister hated. Well, he didn't exactly buy she was all that fond of their maternal grandparents either-she probably highly disliked them at the very least, she just wasn't the type to say anything. And then there was Mira Mitchell, Leo's little sister.

He glanced up when he first heard the last name Ryans to notice Leo glancing his way and merely nodded before looking to the sorting and raised a brow as the kid, 'Seymour Benjamin Ryans' was sorted into Slytherin. Either the hat was trying to torture the kid, or there was something in the kid to spark the choice. Seymour Ryans didn't seem that upset about the placement one way or another.

However, right after him was called up Wendy, and David groaned when he caught Wendy's curious glare at Seymour after she had heard the last name. Well, at least she didn't know for sure the kid was her cousin, who the Chaistys had a lot bigger of an issue with than the actual Averys did. The Averys were more than happy just to write Acacia Chaisty off and perhaps use her as an example, he wasn't so sure the more unstable Chaistys were as happy to leave it just at that. It wasn't like a Chaisty, such as Wendy's father, killing a muggleborn in any circumstance was surprising. Half-blood who eloped with a Chaisty, was probably worse than a muggleborn. He half surpressed a groan as Wendy was sorted into Slytherin. He would have rather dealt with Wendy in say Ravenclaw than have to have Ryans and her in the same house. When she found out that Seymour Ryans was the cousin that existed as black mark on the Chaisty name, David wasn't sure how she would react.

Massaging his forehead he let out a long sigh and glanced over to the Hufflepuff table where his sister was happily chatting with some first years-and listening more so now- and a girl in her year as far as he could tell. That was when he caught Mira Mitchell's name and glanced over to Leo at the Gryffindors and watched Leo more than Mira as the Sorting Hat announced Slytherin for Mira. Leo gave Mira an encouraging acknowledgement that left Mira confused looking as she joined the table of the snakes. David glanced over to the table watching as Seymour Ryans had joined a conversation with a few fellow classmates in his house and Mira engaged Wendy in a conversation. How did those two even meet? David wondered surprised. It wasn't like Slytherin was a house of horrible people exclusively, but Wendy was one of those old family Slytherins who agreed with the mindset and thought it was a spectacular way to think from what David had heard and saw. Wendy was exactly the kind of Slytherin that Mira should avoid, especially since Mira was fairly cynical already. Negativity would influence her a lot easier than positive people, like say her sister.

Tapping his finger on his book he sighed realizing that by dating Leo he had unintentionally started feeling responsible for Mira, and probably Grace to some degree. It was probably some big brother instinct he had picked up from Cathy, and the fact he wasn't exactly sure how him dating a Gryffindor, even a pureblood one, would exactly fly with his family. It was one of those things even the worst reaction he could smooth over if he was smart about it, but it didn't mean it wouldn't be problematic for Leo or quite possibly her sisters.

<>

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxthe worst failure is the failure to try.

Third Year | | Thirteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood | | Reserve Seeker

Lexine looked at Iñigo a little strangely. "You have to talk about yourself when you meet new people? I didn't realise that was a thing..." She nodded a bit, remembering their first conversation. "I understand that. I mean, I'm not exactly up to people who I don't know talking to me, that's why you're pretty much my only friend. But I don't think it's a requirement to talk about yourself. You could talk about the school like we had..." She said. To be completely honest, she hadn't really made any friends after Iñigo and she did. She wasn't really that into getting to know people, and she didn't really know how to approach meeting new people. About all she knew was that they didn't really talk about themselves when they first met...was that something that most people did?

Lexine shrugged. She had never really been bothered by sunburn before no matter how many times she got it, which just happened to be every time she ever spent more than an hour outdoors. Even with sunblock on, her skin burnt. She laughed a bit at his comment.
                                                "They're all a lot of fun. I loved it. Honestly, that was the best summer I've ever had." She smiled. It was no lie, it indeed was. She usually spent most of her summers alone in her house, but this was the first one she ever actually did anything.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 am
Dylan Burgamy / First Year / 11 / Single / Ravenclaw

User Image

Dylan smiled lightly, a slight sign of happiness showing on his face. His mom would be proud. She was in Gryffindor, but Ravenclaw was a close second in her eyes. From what he had learned about all the houses, he had guessed he would be in Ravenclaw anyway. He wasn't exactly the brave, courageous type, like all Gryffindor students seemed to be. He hopped off the chair once the hat was taken off his head, and walked to the Ravenclaw table, towards the sound of cheering coming from the older students. He took an empty seat at the end of the table, next to some other first years.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:53 am
User Image

User Image

。∴°•.・☆location☆・.•°∴。*゚: Clarisse Cottage
                                                      。∴°•.・★thoughts★・.•°∴。*゚: Please please pelase please... Don't be mad
                                                              。∴°•.・☆companions☆・.•°∴。*゚: No one yet
                                                                      。∴°•.・★wearing★・.•°∴。*゚: clothing

User Image

Shayna was late to the sorting. There was no excuse. She sat though and watched a few firsties get sorted. She smiled their way. "Hello! Welcome to Ravenclaw! I'm Shayna Snow. Seventh year Prefect. I'm here for any questions and concerns. Let me see if I can get this right. Jongsoo? Did I pronounce that correctly? You seem pretty excited. And Dylan, There is no reason to be quiet. We are family now. Benjamin? Am I right? Don't worry, most Ravenclaws tend to be quiet-natured. 0 She said with a smile. She's was trying to be friendly since normally she didn't really care to bother with the first years. Or she had been too shy for that.

RedEagleEye007

IceGrayWolf

Kijruo-Aizawa

★ - -Ravenclaw- - ☆ - - Seeker - - ★ - -Seventh Year- - ☆ - -Prefect- - ★

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:09 am
Dylan Burgamy / Half-blood / First year / 11 / Single / Ravenclaw

User Image
Dylan was lost in his own mind when he suddenly snapped back to reality at the sound of hearing his own name. A seventh year had said it, along with the other first years that had just been sorted to Ravenclaw. "Sorry.. I'm just naturally quiet," he responded. And that was the truth. He barely talked much, if at all. Especially with new people. He never knew what to say.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
First year|Ravenclaw|11

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin sat to himself for awhile, before a seventh year, who seemed to be addressing the many first years had said his name. He solemnly nodded, but instantly dismissed how she said that most Ravenclaws were quiet. "Yes you are right, my name's Benjamin, but I'm not really quiet at all. Really surprised I'm even in this house. Didn't think of myself as too much a quiet natured, intelligent sort of lad though, but I guess the hat really has spoken hasn't it?" he said to her, shrugging his shoulders, not sure if she was going to stay near him or not. She seemed like a nice girl though...and she was beautiful to say the least. She did look like she was over seventeen though. It actually surprised him that she was anything short of a professor.

"It is nice to meet you however Shayna. I look forward to the upcoming school year with you," he said politely, watching as the sorting closed. He was glad that everything was done because the food would be coming soon and much like every other student in this hall, he was extremely hungry. Hadn't eaten since the beginning of the train ride and that was a long, long time for him. One thing he did was eat and when he was deprived of food, his stomach would hurt...headaches would start and that was the last thing he wanted in what had to be the loudest place in the school.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:55 am
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Third Year

~~~~~~~~~~~Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

"I mean, my father always taught me that it is polite to ask about the opposite party. I don't know if his parents taught him that, but explaining what I am is not the easiest thing to do...you know that. Took me a year to be able to tell even you," he told her truthfully, shrugging his shoulders, but a casual smile still stayed on his face. He wanted to make sure that she knew at the moment that he was fine and nothing was bothering him at all. "I do however see your point when you say talk about the school, but the first years really haven't seen enough of it to talk about really. I guess I could have said something about what to expect and how to get around, but I mean, I wasn't in a rush to break the good conversation we were having honestly. So I guess it was me just wanting to get back to what we were talking about," he admitted, finally figuring out why exactly he didn't want to talk to anybody else at the moment. He just always wanted to talk to her over everyone and honestly, she was the only person he actually wanted to be around. He had acquaintances, but he didn't care about any of them even half of the amount that he had cared for Lexine.

"Yes, they are a lot of fun. They said to bring you next time actually," he told her, a smile on his face. He would love to bring her again if she was actually up for it, but that was something to plan another day. That was a long time from that moment so he really hadn't worried about what he was doing, where he was going, or anything else for that matter. He honestly just worried about the fact that he needed to keep his grades up and have good attendance to classes.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Arkendrai

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:16 am
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Jongsoo blinked as an older student addressed him. She was a prefect, and her name was Shayna. This might probably be the closest thing Jongsoo could get as a friend. She had asked if she pronounced his name correctly, and he simply nodded, giving her a small smile. Which is as much as he can muster. Wait, did he look excited? ...Okay, maybe he did. For a bit. It had struck him on how few first years were sorted into his house.

"N-nice to meet you Miss Snow," he tried, smiling faintly. First words in the school. Not bad Jongsoo, not bad.

❂ ❂ ċ:: Fwee of interaction! Though I might not be able to reply quickly. ;3;

shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:36 am
x
x
x
x

User Image

x

Lexine nodded, understanding exactly what Iñigo was talking about, telling others that you're a Seer isn't exactly something you just go telling everyone. "You could talk to them about the school, ya'know? But either way, they learn that from the Prefects, don't they?" She smiled gently when Iñigo said that he just wanted to get back to what they were talking about. Lexine knew she wasn't the best conversationalist, so that meant a lot to her. After all, she rarely ever talked to people other than her family before going to Hogwarts other than a few muggles here and there, so she had never been able to really talk to anyone. Sure, she may still be very secretive about herself, but Iñigo was slowly breaking those thick walls down. He was the first person who had ever done that with her, she'd never seen anyone do it to her before.

Lexine's cheeks reddened a bit. That wanted her to come again? Lexine really just sat quietly as they all sang or talked, yet they wanted her back? It was a strange feeling to be wanted. She smiled.
                                                "Really?" She asked, hoping that Iñigo wasn't joking.

RedEagleEye007

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 am
User Image

єugene єridanos ωindsor

Ravenclaw Second Year Half-Blood

User Image
xxxxxxxx All of your flaws and all of my flaws,
------------------------------------------------- When they have been exhumed
xxxxxxxx We'll see that we need them to be who we are
------------------------------------------- Without them we'd be doomed

-------- ✦ You've have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve ✦ --------

Eugene had came in the hall and breathe in the cool air. Honestly, he was not really surprised about the rainy weather; England and its neighbors had a things about attracting rainfall, but at least they're used to it. He glanced at the Ravenclaw Table and frowned; House of the Wise and Creativity... more like the house of studious nerds and know-it-alls (except for that fourth year he met before-and-never-got-to-know-her-name (Gypsy) and Elijah, of course). For a second he just tolerated it and continued to walk, pretending he was just fine with everything. Honestly, he wasn't okay with everything. He glanced at David League, a c**t-y Ravenclaw who threatened him last year, and let out a sour scoff from his breath with his slightly thin knitted eyebrows. He wanted to work hard and learn to show him that he's not the type who just follows people's saying. (Ironically, he followed one of his saying about growing a backbone.)

And turned his eyes away from him and focused on a bunch of first years.. He smiled then it disappeared like ashes on the wind, he hoped that someone won't make any drama like last year. He sat down, brought out his blank pocketbook (scribble book, he called) and a pencil, then began sketching eagles and some character he knew from some movies. He hummed with a good tune as he scribbled.

[He is open for interaction, gais!]

-------- And I have always buried them deep beneath theground --------

User Image
Dig them up, let's finish what we've started

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Dig them up, so nothing's left untouched

With: Ravenclaws...
Attire: Winter Attire (Without the Jacket and Gloves)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:43 pm
User Image
                                                You don't have to say you love me
                                                Just be close at hand
                                                You don't have to stay forever
                                                I will understand
                                                Believe me, believe me
                                                I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been putting the stool away when he heard the news. Apparently Inari had decided to take a leave of absence, and he was now the headmaster. He paused, then walked back toward the Great Hall, prepared to give his first welcoming speech. Okay, so he wasn't in front of the Wizengamot, and he was instead in front of a whole hall full of students. Shouldn't be too difficult. He strode down the hall back to the Staff table and stood before the podium, turning to face the hall itself.

"Welcome back to another year of school for all students! I am Timothy Steele. For those of you who are new, I again welcome you to Hogwarts. I hope that you all happen to enjoy the school year, and you enjoy your time at the school as much as possible. There are a few announcements that need to be made. First of all, Headmistress Evernight has decided to take a leave of absence, and I have been appointed as headmaster in her place. Which means that Pandora Thorne, the head of Hufflepuff house, has now been promoted to deputy headmistress. Professor Amata Harlowe has been promoted to be the head of Gryffindor house, and I wish them both all the luck in the world in their positions." He looked around the hall and continued.

"Now, onto school rules. There will be no magic in the halls of the school. The forest is off limits unless you want to be missing limbs or have a death wish. Pay attention in class and you should do well. Now, I hope for everyone to enjoy dinner, and relax. Classes will begin soon." Timothy smiled and clapped, food suddenly appearing on the tables at the sound. He himself took a seat at the table, already thinking that this would be an interesting year for him and the students.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Interesting promotion...
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:25 pm
Dylan Burgamy / First year / 11 / Ravenclaw / Half-blood

User Image Dylan intently listened to the apparently new headmaster explain the school rules to the plethora of students, though it was obvious they were all directed to the first years, like him. He absentmindedly tapped his fingers against the long table while he listened. This almost felt like a dream to him, with all the talk of magic that he had grown up with. There were times during his childhood that he felt like his mother was joking around, although there was no reason for her to, especially since she had kept it up until the time he was eleven, when there was living proof everything was true. Even the school shopping in Diagon Alley, the journey on the train, and the boat ride to the school itself, was all unbelievable. It would take him a bit to get used to it. His pale blue eyes gazed to the ceiling, which replicated the sky outside before gazing back down to the table again, where rows of food had just magically (no pun intended) appeared. His face brightened up, and he gazed down the table to watch the other first years reactions. All the other students seemed to be used to it by now.  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 161 162 163 164 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games