Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:07 pm
Vivian, already kneeling on the ground, would shy away from the far smaller goliath. "I...I,III, I'm not trying to harm anyone. Not on purpose. I just, just... ahrgh... I have to let it out... the pain... I'm sorry."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:33 pm
As Ruin stepped towards the much larger Vivian he could sense the dangerous chaotic energies flowing around her. She would try to move away from him, but was in too much distress. All she could do was protest. "P-Please no... S-stay away. I can't--AHHHHH!--control it for much longer... I, I, I, I don't want to hurt anyone but I have to let it OUUUUT!"

As soon as Ruin placed his hand on Vivian, it all came clear. Her spiritual essence was at war with itself. She contained a demonic taint, as well as the spark of the divine. No longer changed by magic, these two opposing forces waged battle against each other for control of her soul and body. This eternal struggle sent off waves of chaotic energy that built inside her. As the pressure grew, she had to vent this energy somehow, otherwise it would tear her mind and body apart. There was no way to stop it; however, with his magical ability, Ruin knew he could siphon off some of that chaotic energy into himself, relieving her of some of the pressure and stopping her from overflowing. However, Ruin would have to discharge this energy right away or risk damaging his own body.

NEW Fight Mechanics:

Vivian has a pool of 200 points of chaotic energy swirling around inside her. She generates 6-25 points of energy a round. Whenever Vivian reaches her max amount of points, she overflows, letting out a powerful scream of physic and force damage.

Arcane class characters with the knowledge, (Ruin understands how to do this already. Ash can roll a 20 Arcana check to learn this, or Ruin can spend a standard action to teach him.) can touch Vivian and perform one of the two following actions:

Minor Action: Absorb energy points up to half his bloodied value. The next arcane attack the character makes before the end of their next turn that rolls damage dice, deals extra damage equal to the amount of energy points absorbed. If the character does not make an arcane attack by the end of their next turn that rolls damage dice, they instead take damage equal to the amount of absorbed energy points. This damage cannot be reduced in any way. In either case the points are then spent.

Standard Action: Same as above, except the amount of energy points absorbed can be equal to the current hitpoint value of the character.

Vivian's Energy Pool: 200/200, She's going to overflow on her turn!

((Ruin, you still have a minor action. What do you do?))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:08 pm
"Oh Hush, none of that... Hey, what do you call a lost lycanthrope under a full moon"" He asked hoping to distract her as he focused on drawing out the warring energies. "A Wolf, where?"

Free action bad joke
Minor Energy Draw. -22  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:44 am
"If it would help, I may be able to put her to sleep. It would work better were she willing..."

Free Action, speaking to just those within range that are not Vivi as an extra telepathic voice seemed to cause her distress and Ash doesn't exactly have other options.  

Muattles

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:18 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl, ???
Ash: HP 21/58, , 10 Necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2 AC
Valac: HP 95/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res,
Novi: HP 74/91, 10 necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2AC
Kuori HP: 57/75 10 necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC
Ruin HP:73/88, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC
Vivian 196/200 energy
Muakeen, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC

As Ruin absorbs a small amount of the chaotic energy permeating Vivian's being, she lets out a long sigh of relief. Visibly less distressed looking she looks at him in amazement. "Wha.. .how... what did you do? The...pain...the Pain! It's somehow... less1 I-I don't have to let out out now!"

A small smile was beginning to appear on Vivian's face but it suddenly vanishes. Her eyes open wide in bewilderment and she begins to look around wildly. "S-somethings coming!"

Taking heed of Vivian's words to heart Maukeen readies herself for battle. (total defense)

Suddenly, the enormous Archdevil soars back from the abyss onto the the stone pedestal, landing with a thunderous crash. "I suppose you all found that hilarious. Well, now it's my turn to have some fun. That's one for you, and one for you, and definitely one for you!"

The devil swings his sword at Ash, Valac, and Novi, trying to punish those that had flung him over, however, the only person he manages to hit with his fiery blade is Ash. (7 damage after DR)

((Ash up))  
Muattles rolled 3 20-sided dice: 7, 6, 9 Total: 22 (3-60)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 pm
Ash's eyes widen as they watches Ruin somehow absorb energy, and then their eyes narrow as they study it more closely.

After seeing how it works Ash shrugs and says telepathically to their allies, "Well, if it will help..." and moves to Vivi to absorb some energy, and then attacks the archdevil.

Stuff I did, some of which isn't narrated above at the moment because I don't know if the cloak will work, and so don't know if other things work.

Cloak of Displacement Feature to force baddie to swing again. If he misses, I teleport to T7 (assuming Diagonal move allowed?)

Utility Power (Teleportation) ✦ Daily (Immediate Interrupt)
Trigger: You are hit by a melee or a ranged attack.

Effect: The triggering attacker must reroll the attack roll and use the second result. If the attack misses you, you can teleport 1 square.

First die roll Arcana +19 (Standard action, rolled 7 +19 for 26)
IF Cloak Teleport worked, then I'm already in space T7, otherwise Move Action to touch Vivi
Minor Action to absorb 14 points (I assume round down?)
IF Cloak teleport worked, Move Action back to R8, otherwise keeping in T7
Action point for an extra action, Standard, casting Mirage Arcana, Second AND Third Die roll, higher of two results used.

Background Feature
Encounter
Free Action Personal

Trigger: You make an attack roll, a skill check, or an ability check.

Effect: You roll two d20s for the triggering roll, and use either result. If you roll the same number on both dice, after you complete the action related to the triggering roll, you are dazed until the end of your next turn.

Mirage Arcana
Daily ✦ Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Nethermancy, Psychic, Shadow, Zone
Standard Action Area burst 2 within 10 squares

Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. The zone is difficult terrain, and creatures grant combat advantage while in it. You then make the following attack.

Target: Each creature in the burst

Attack: Intelligence vs. Will

Hit: 2d6 + Intelligence modifier psychic damage, and the target is dazed, cannot leave the zone willingly, and cannot see creatures outside the zone (save ends all). If the target is already dazed, it takes 5 extra psychic damage.

If Cloak Teleport originally worked and I had move action and I'm within 3 spaces, Archdevil takes -2 to all saving throws.

Mystic Rapture (11): Each enemy that enters a space within 3 squares of you or that starts its turn there takes a -5 penalty to saving throws against charm effects and a -2 penalty to all other saving throws.

Additionally using an action point puts 5 ongoing damage on him.

Maddening Action (11): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, one creature within 5 squares of you takes ongoing 5 psychic damage (save ends).

Damage for the final attack will be rolled in the dice rolling thread. Roll was 9+14 for a total of 23...and if that somehow hits we're looking at 6+14 (Vivi) + 5 (Int Mod)=25 psychic damage.

Muattles

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:49 am
Ash Tries to Teleport away from the devil's strike but he is not quite fast enough. A zone of physic energy springs around the archdevil, making it harder for him to move, but he otherwise seems unaffected. "Ha, is that the best...ugh" The devil then grab's his head, feeling some residual side affect from the attack.

(Vivian Energy: 182, Devil takes 5 ongoing physic, Valac up)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:14 am
"Hilarious!? I find it funny you dare to show your face again!" Yelled Valac as he turned to face the devil leaving the finger wiggler's to Vivian. Valac could fill the rage building up and momentarily channelled it to fuel his transformation, his muscles bulking further and his horns gaining a vicious point to them.

Striding up to the Devil Valac with controlled fury brought his full blade straight up then a timeline split...

If Valac's strike is true his blade encases in a furious black fire dealing further damage and humiliation to the tumbling devil.

In the other Valac manages to only graze the devil and is angry with himself for failing.

Either end with Valac entering into a rage with only the devil to take it out on.

90/95 HP, Conditions: Raging, Regen 4

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:58 pm
Novi laughs as they turn around. "Yeah actually, that was pretty hilarious. With a sword that big, you'd think that you'd be able to hit the biggest target that you aimed for. Your father must be so proud of their other kids when he compares them to you. All locked up here and the combat skill of an elderly woman. Scratch that, I've met elders that are better at goatball than you probably are. You've been sitting on your throne too long you lazy devil!"

----
Move to O9
Mountain Sweep: 22 vs Reflex (probably a miss ...) for 26 dmg

But if it does hit somehow Sohei Flurry: 30 vs AC for 18 damage

If it did not hit:

Glowering Threat
Encounter ✦ Martial - Minor Action - Close burst 2
Prerequisite: You must have training in Intimidate.
Target: Each enemy in the burst
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, each target takes a –5 penalty to attack rolls against any creature other than you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:12 pm
"You two alternate draining her with attacks. Or do both. Just don't let her explode or whatever again." Kuori casts a hand towards their enemy as energy encases them and shatters, fragments lodging into its flesh.

-----------------------------
Free: Regen 8, take 5 dmg, Heal Ash for 18
Move: Between Maukeen and Vivian
Minor: Maintain DR
Standard: 33 vs Reflex, Iron to glass

Daily ✦ Divine, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10 [14]
Target: One creature
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: Until the end of the encounter, the target takes a –4 penalty to melee damage rolls. Whenever the target hits with a melee attack, the penalty worsens by 2 to a maximum of –10.

Miss: Until the end of the encounter, the target takes a –2 penalty to melee damage rolls. Whenever the target hits with a melee attack, the penalty worsens by 1 to a maximum of –5  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:17 pm
THP: 00 HP 76/88
AC: 19 Fort: 20
Reflex: 21 Will: 18
Vestige: Zutwa

"Xandar the Mad, showed me how to use Sir Dumpty's tendrils to target the energy..." Ruin spoke proud that his fix would work, all be it temporary, more so Rockman could follow suit.

Ruin would nod at Kouri's command, in agreement. Why would he want his employee in pain? Even if she didn't explode with chotic energies...That just seemed cruel, otherwise.

"...More on that later... I need you to protect Maukeen." Ruin pointed to the so-far non-combative demi, as he focused on drawing even more energy, before forming it into a howling orb of raw energy and half-heartedly loosed it at the Tripp'n Falls(the devil).

Minor : Draw energy x2 = -44 (66 total)

Eldritch BLAST
Attack: Nat1 vs. Reflex
Hit: 87 Damage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:07 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl,prone, -4 melee damage, Damage Aura
Ash: HP 27/58, , 10 Necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2 AC, prone
Valac: HP 78/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res, Regen 4, prone
Novi: HP 74/91, 10 necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2AC,
Kuori HP: 48/75 10 necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, prone
Ruin HP:61/88, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, prone
Vivian 175/195 energy
Muakeen, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC,

Valac hits the enormous devil so hard with his sword it somehow manages to cause him to stumble, falling backwards.

With the devil falling over, Novi misses her attack, but definitely draws the devils' attention. "Don't worry, I haven't even begun to fight" "he demon snarls

Kuori maim's the devil's fist in an agonizing way. (******** this power)

Ruin absorbs a tremendous amount of energy from Vivian, but it proves too powerful for him to control, causing the shot to go wild. The devil seems to take note of the overcharged blast of energy as it whooshes by. "Hmm, interesting..."

Vivian lets out an anguished cry. "Ahhrg...what is that! Why is it so big! Why does it hurt! It hurts from the outside now tooooooooo!" She continues to huddle in place, scared and confused, burned by devil's aura.

Maukeen protests. "I can protect myself, thank you!" She lashes out with her tentacles at the Devil, striking him twice, this time she attempts to hold on.

The devil slams both his fists to the ground causing and immense shockwave to radiate out in all directions. Everyone but Novi and Vivian is blasted by this wave, knocking the wind out their lungs and their feet from the ground (12 damage, after dr, and prone.) Muakeen looked to be hit particularly hard by the attack (crit). The devil then vanishes from sight. However, Valac could see from his position that the devil had just teleported behind his throne. (The devil currently has blocking cover from everyone else.)

((Ash up))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Muattles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:53 pm
Ash stands up, looking around and discovering the devil left projects to those around them. "So...we won? It ran away." Vivian's anguished cries seems to attrack Ash's attention again. "Ah, yes, suppose we can help with that..."

They lay hands on Vivian to absorb more energy. And then seems to realize what they've done, as they have no target to unleash the energy they've just absorbed on. "Oh, hum, I hope that thing comes back before too soon..."

Move Action to Stand up
Minor to absorb 14 points
Standard action to absorb 27 points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:31 am
Valac: HP 82/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res, Regen 4

Valac would get back to his feet and skirt around the Arcane Area Ash had apparated.

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:34 am
Novi will use their move and standard to get to G10, then use a minor for stone's endurance.

"Hey Valac, where are you going?" They fall in step with the barbarian, lapping them as they see the Devil. "Awwww, where is all that big talk you were full of earlier?" They get right next to the Devil and brace for impact, ready to unload on them.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff