Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:35 pm

User Image

Joshua glanced at Katalina as she spoke in her native tongue. 'Am I really that small to them?' He wondered. He gulped before answering the siren in front of him. "Katalina brought me here to meet you." He told her, trying to keep his voice steady. In his mind, he began praying that they didn't eat him, flesh or soul depending on the myth. "I want to learn about the sea and everything in it." 'Somehow, I liked the kraken better. He didn't seem nearly so predatory.'

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Katalina shrugged off the male Siren after a few minutes and went across the cavern to join Joshua. "Back off, Riiya," she said, sounding tired. "He's here to ask you questions, and I'm here to pay my duty visit. Leave him alone."

Riiya - the smaller female - chuckled. "But he's such a good specimen," she replied mockingly. Her smile was very wide, showing off sharp, silvery teeth. "Oh, yes, I forgot - Sorry's spent too much time playing with the humans. She doesn't see them in their proper light anymore."

Katalina narrowed her eyes at Riiya, then turned to Joshua. "I should introduce you," she said. "The one with the mouth there is Riiya. The one that's not saying anything is Korai, and the male is Narcis." Glancing at Narcis with eyes that dared him to refuse, she added, "I'm sure Narcis and Korai at least will answer your questions."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:50 pm

User Image

Joshua grinned, though he was sure it wasn't his best ever. 'I'm afraid I think I know what the "proper light" is.' He thought worriedly. He glanced from Katalina to the sirens. "Are you guys really related? Or do you mean 'cousin' the way dolphins and whales are related?" He went with one of his safer questions. At least, he hoped it was safer. At any rate, it had to be better than asking about their diet.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Narcis glared at Katalina briefly before replying, "It can mean either, and generally does mean 'cousin' as the dolphins and whales are."

Korai interrupted with a little smile. It did not look altogether pleasant. "In this case, 'cousin' means 'cousin' as you would use it, human. Your dear mermaid is related to us on her mother's side. She is partially Siren."

Katalina glanced at Joshua, looking a little embarrassed. She gave him a little shrug, and her telepathic voice whispered, I hope that's not too much of a shock, considering my display with the sailors the other day. Mermaids have lovely singing voices, but only Sirens have the hypnotizing power that causes men to run aground in their ships.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Aoife nodded. She understood a little. "Oh. What do you eat?"
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:16 pm

User Image

"Oh...." Was the only thing Joshua could think to say. He looked at Katalina, little clues clicking into place. He shook his head. "That's just....weird, actually." Somehow, he hadn't thought that mixes like Katalina's family were possible. He glanced back at the sirens. Something clicked in his mind as he watched them. "Okay, are there different types of sirens or something? A lot of the legends say sirens are avian creatures, not sea creatures. Though there is the odd one that says they're of the sea."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Joey paused for a second. "Well...really, we can eat quite a few things. Plants, animals, fish...no offense, of course. I wouldn't eat you or anything like that..." He quickly added, blushing a bit.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:28 pm

Aoife tilted her head, confused. "I eat fish. Is that wrong?"

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Joey shook his head. "No, its fine. I eat fish, too." He smiled, trying to stray away from the awkward position he was in.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Aoife's brow creased. "If you are hungry, go eat."

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Drunken_Ninja08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Kyon sighed. "Ok, I will be back in a bit." He ran to his boat and climb in via rope ladder. He made a quick breakfast and ate quickly. He grabbed some toast on the run and held it in his mouth while wiping an apple. He climbed to the deck and finished the piece of toast. He jumped into the sand and took a bite out of the apple, walking back over to Aiofe.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm

While he had been eating, Aoife had laid back in the water and had begun floating. She looked at the apple with a frown. She crinkled her nose in distaste. "What is that?"

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Narcis merely chuckled. "No. Humans simply make idiotic assumptions and pass them off as fact." He leaned back against the rocks, giving Katalina a slow smirk. "After all, some of them would have you believe we don't even exist."

Katalina gave Narcis a glare and snapped, "Be honest, Narcis." Glancing at Joshua apologetically, she said, "There are a few breeds of avians, but not many."

"Sea Sirens do not associate with them," added Korai distantly. Apparently losing interest in the conversation, she swam past them and out of the crack. Katalina relaxed slightly - apparently it was easier for her to deal with two than three.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Joey held up the apple. "This is an apple. It is pretty good. Want a bite?" He waded in the water a bit and offered it to her.

Drunken_Ninja08

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

Aoife looked at it doubtfully, but she took it and brought it to her mouth. She hesitated, looking up at Joey then back at the red apple. She took a small bite. Pulling it away, she chewed and then her eyes widened and looked down at the fruit, amazed. "It is good." She handed it back as she continued to chew the bite.
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games