Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:12 pm
Kuori plants her weapon into the ground, standing up. She looks to her sister, "Come on, time to move in" She bows her head and mutters a prayer. Energy radiating out from her and healing herself and those nearby. She casts off the excess towards Ash and says, "When the others start getting more hurt, I won't be able to heal you every five seconds. Play it smart." She exhales, resolving herself.

---------------------------
Move: Stand
Standard: Word of Vigor
Minor: Sustain DR
Free: Heals

Kuori heals 25hp [Plus the 3 regen], +2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. [Surge spent]
Vivian heals surge + 8, +2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Saving throw granted.
Maukein heals surge + 11, +2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Saving throw granted.

Ash heals 18hp  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:11 pm
THP: 22 HP 61/88
AC: 19 Fort: 20
Reflex: 21 Will: 18
Vestige: Zutwa

Taking a brief moment to selfishly draw from the abundance of healing magics Kouri had just release. The short one would quickly return to harvest from Vivian, before standing on his hooves.

With Tripp'n no where in sight, he tried to think how to best help the Aasimar/teifling demi.

Immediate Interrupt : Red Leeches of Nihal

Trigger: One... spends... a healing surge.

Effect: You gain 22 temporary hit points

Minor : Draw Energy -22

Move : Stand

Standard : Arcana 32
(What would happen if Vivian was sent from this realm to her body? Could she remerge with it, and it's protections?)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:55 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl, -10 melee damage, Damage Aura
Ash: HP 45/58, , 10 Necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2 AC, (carrying 41 points of energy)
Valac: HP 72/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res, Regen 4,
Novi: HP 50/91, 10 necrotic Res, 10 DR, +2AC,
Kuori HP: 75/75 10 necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, Regen 3, +2 to hit
Ruin HP:61/88, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC,22THP (carrying 22 points of energy.
Vivian 137/200 energy +2 to hit
Muakeen, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC,+2 to hit

Ruin's Arcana check:
Vivian's body and soul was originally caught in limbo between two planes, Her reflection in this plane was her true form, unburdened by the magical tattoos that held her chaotic power in check and stunted her body. When the chain of light was broken, Vivian's entire body and soul were were forcefully pulled to this dimension. Their is no Vivi in the material plane anyone. This is now her in her true form. You believe when she walks out the portal back to the material plane, she will still be the same. The only way to restore her protections would be to get her magic tattoo's reapplied, but who had the power and knowledge to do such a thing in the first place?"

Vivian begins inch towards the portal door. "I...I...I-I should get out of here! That giant monster, he was burning me wasn't he? With some sort of aura!"

Muakeen would then speak up in disproval. "I'm not sure what my comrades would think if they saw her in her suddenly emerging from the portal without an explanation. They might think she was an enemy based on her appearance."

Maukeen would then stride across the stone pedestal until she was on the other side of the chair. "Ha, I found the b*****d! He's hiding behind his throne.

The devil would lash out at Novi and thump her as she came into range of his mighty arms. (crit , 16 damage after DR) He would then stand up and snort some smoke at the Golaith. "Very well." He would begin to pummel her with three attacks. Novi was able to fend off one of his blows but was struck twice.( 4 and 4 damage respectively) Each of his blows seemed to get weaker as the glass shards were driven further into his fists.

(Ash up!)  
Muattles rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:56 am
Ash replies to Kuori's admonition with a stutter. "Oh, ok. I did try to avoid the sword, just not my strong suit I suppose." The embarrassment over the telepathic connection is clear.

But also, Ash is now filled with a dangerous power that needs a way out. Better to not absorb more energy, just in case things don't work out. Play it smart, after all. Having heard the Demon was hiding behind the throne Ash charges forward into the middle of their difficult terrain and casts a spell at the demon, unleashing their own power as well as the hideous energy they absorbed from Vivian.

Move Action to p5, 3 squares of movement until difficult terrain and 2 additional to get one square in.

Casting Mind Shadow (effects below) on Chrimarl (20+13=33

If that hits then as I understand it's a crit for 10+6+41+1=58 damage (1d6 rolled in other thread from my staff)

Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Shadow
Standard Action Ranged 10

Target: One creature

Attack: Charisma vs. Will

Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier psychic damage. Until the end of your next turn, the target cannot see any of your allies who are 3 or more squares away from it.
Level 21: 2d10 + Charisma modifier psychic damage.

Muattles

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:21 pm
Valac: HP 76/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res, Regen 4

Valac carried on his run around the throne carefully carrying the momentum around Novi into a charge into the devil striking with his rage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:48 pm
"Hiding behind me Valac? What is it with men and hiding." Novi hooks her spear into the giant devil's ankle, dragging him over and knocking him prone. "On your knees coward, bow down to your new master. That's my throne now." She shifts back to flank with Valac.

"Kuori, get up here."

Shift the Battlefield
32 vs Reflex for 27 Damage
Slide Chrimarl 2 left and knock him prone

Minor: Notta

Move: Shift to I9  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:06 pm
"Yeah, working on it." She starts walking, squeezing around Ruin. Holding out her weapon at the devil she calls, "I hope that you savor this pain, for it is but a fraction of what you will continue to suffer after death." Purple light casts from her light flowing water, slamming into the devil like a torrent.

"Be well Novi. Hold the line. Don't get cocky, this isn't over yet." She looks back, "Vivian, do you think that you can move with Ash and Ruin? They can help keep the pain at bay."

Standard:
Move to Q6

Daunting Light
37 vs Reflex for 22 Radiant damage (ignores 1 resistance) and VALAC has combat advantage on his next attack.

Minor to sustain DR

ACTION POINT: Minor for Healing Word on Novi [1st use], Novi spends a surge and heals 33hp
Novi gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Free, Ruin heals 18hp
Kuori regens 3hp  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:07 pm
Quote:
"...They might think she was an enemy based on her appearance."

"Your kettles are soot-covered, too, Pot." Ruin's tail flicked, annoyed with Maukeen's words.

Turning to Vivian, "No shame, in seeking safety. So, your call, if you need to or want to leave, I will walk you out the portal, they will not attack if your with me. And so, far we don't owe the Lostlights anything."

(If she says, she wants to leave.)
With a sigh, "Follow me." He waved Vivian to follow before he quickened his walk to the portal...

Stepping through, Ruin offered a simple informative plea to Maukeen's comrades. "Her name is Vivian and, as you a Demi. She lost her protective wards. So, this is her state of being, until we can replace them. Sadly, she is unable to control her energies without them. And, it is unfair for her to stay..."

(Move: Run to the Portal. Shadow Run Active!

Diplomacy "Don't be assholes and hurt Vivian.": 14)

(If she says, she wants to stay.)

"As you wish," Spoke, nonchalantly, but he smiled as he turned to the devil.

Rushing forward the "Novi! We are not hidding, we are enjoying the show! It is like a mice kicking the cat's a**!"

(Move : N7 Shadow Walk active

Minor : Curse The devil

Standard: Vestige of Xandor

Attack: 25 vs. Will

Hit: 32 psychic damage, and the target is influenced by the vestige of Xandor (save ends). While it is influenced, at the start of each of its turns, it must choose either to be dazed until the start of its next turn or to take psychic damage equal to twice your Constitution modifier.

Miss: 32 psychic damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Curse Damage: 9

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:43 pm
Glimmers
User Image
(the back of the Throne is 30 feet tall, the sides are 15 and the front is 10 feet. it is a DC 15 climbed check to climb on the thrown).

Initiative Order
Chrimarl, -10 melee damage, Damage Aura, cursed, prone
Ash: HP 45/58, , 10 Necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2 AC,
Valac: HP 73/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res, Regen 4,
Novi: HP 83/91, 10 necrotic Res, 5 DR, +2AC,
Kuori HP: 61/75 10 necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC, Regen 3, Ongoing 10 damage, save ends
Ruin HP:79/88, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC,22THP
Vivian 158/200 energy
Muakeen, 10 Necrotic Res, 5DR, +2AC,

Ash is able to blast the Devil with his psychic attack, clouding his mind while Valac charges in and sweeps him off his feet. The devil strikes the Barbarian as he does so but only manages to deal a platy 3 damage with his gimped fists.

Novi manages to slide the prone devil, walking over the top of him as she does so.

Kuori strikes the devil with radiant light as she heals her comrades. Vivian responds to her. "I...I think I should be a to..."

To Ruin she would reply. "I...III...I don't know what to do. I...I fear that giant flame guy...But...I IIIII fear the chaos inside even more! Please! Don't let it get out again!" After which, Vivian moves up Ash, but does not dare step foot into the physic terrain.

Muakeen lashes out at the devil with her tentacles, striking him once and holding on.

The Devil grunts in anger and again vanishes, reappearing on the other side of his throne. With his clouded mind the only person he can see is Kuori. This time, he lashes out with razor like spines on his tail in a large sweeping motion. He strikes Kuori, giving her a large gash in the space between her armor. (14 damage after DR, ongoing 10 damage save ends.) The devil then shrugs off Ruin's Vestage.

((Ash Up))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:39 am
Ash nods to Vivian, attempting to convey gratitude without speaking into her mind, which seems to be a source of distress. They then absorb some more energy from Vivian, move out of the psychic zone they created, and send a charm at the devil.

Move action to S5, minor action to absorb 14 points of energy, Hekiah's Trance (mechanics below) at 4+14=18 for probably a miss, but if somehow hit 2+4+14=20 damage and target slid 4 squares towards the psycic zone of difficult terrain and provides combat advantage. Don't know what square that would be with the larger model, but as far as it can go, hoping that Novi can take the monster the rest of the way. Also I don't think it applies, but if my apprentice mage enchantment benefit applies, it would be 2 more squares as well (mechanics posted below)

Hekiah's Trance - EM Encounter 11

Encounter ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 5

Attack: Charisma vs. Will

Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, and you slide the target a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier. The target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Apprentice Mage: Enchantment
When one of your arcane enchantment powers allows you to pull, push, or slide a creature , the maximum distance of the forced movement increases by 2 squares.

Muattles

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:35 pm
Valac: HP 77/95, 11 fire, 10 necrotic res, Regen 4, Raging (Oak Hammer)

Valac growled at the annoyance of his opponent refusing to stay put and take a beating and chased after the devil once again.

Before beginning his charge Valac activated his sword for the first time, his sword gaining an alluring sheen. Charging around the corner Valac struck down again with his fullblade, the blade crushing the devil more so as the floor refused to give and the sheen transferring to the devil.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:42 pm
Novi will move, then charge to R8. Attacking with their spear.

32 to hit for 20+Valac's charisma damage.

"Stop teleporting and fight coward!" Novi runs down the Devil yet again.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:50 pm
Standard: Solar wrath 33 vs Will for 26 radiant damage +Valac's Charisma [ignores 1 resistance]
The Devil is stunned until the end of my next turn.

Minor: Sustain DR

Move: N/a

"You should have taken your chances with the pointy sticks" Kuori stomps her foot and a circle of light blasts outwards and slams into the devil.

[[Passed my saving throw]]  
Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:27 pm
"If you're staying, you're still on mission. Save Kouri's tribe, remember?" The warlock spoke to his much taller employee as he closed the distance between them.

Placing his hand on her to draw energy, he would continue, "So choose, rip the a*****e a new a*****e, or cut their tethers!"

Ruin gathered the energy something that appeared like the balor's whip, the wind up and 'Crack' the whip snapped catching air. "s**t!" He exclaimed as the energy reverbed back at him...

(Move: Q6, I think. Beside Ash's token. And Shadow walk active!

Minor: Draw energy -22

Standard:
The Lash's Bite
Daily ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic

Attack: 23 vs. Will (that misses)

Miss: take 10 psychic damage, you do not expend this power and you gain a +4 power bonus to the attack roll with this power against the same target before the end of your next turn. You cannot reduce the damage you take in any way.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas