Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:45 pm
User Image
Well, I'm going to head off. Later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:24 pm
User Image
Good afternoon everyone. So sorry that it's been such a long time since I last posted. Though I don't know if anyone is still stopping by this thread to see what I've been up to, if I haven't already stated it out in the main forum area of Why Not.

I haven't really been doing much. Just doing my cat socializing volunteer shift on Wednesdays, reading before I go to sleep, and occasionally spending time with Alex when some turns up for us to do. And recently we've been getting snow.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:33 pm
User Image
Yesterday afternoon Alex came up to hang out with me for a couple hours before we left to join up with some of his friends to see The Hobbit. The two of us ended up exchanging gifts. I gave him a Rubik's Void Cube (since he loves Rubik's cubes and has a small collection of them); he gave me a light up angel ornament (see below to get an idea what it looks like).

The Hobbit was fabulous! We ended up seeing it in 3D, since the non-3D auditorium was already filled up for the time slot we were planning on going. However, this was a good movie to see in 3D. The imagery and acting was fantastic. Gotta love Martin Freeman! :D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:35 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm
User Image
The TARDIS' new look certainly is something. Although it's nice looking, I'm going to miss the bright golden interior with multiple levels that I've grown used to. The new look seems to combine both looks from the past and the present together. Definitely a nice nod to the upcoming 50th anniversary for the show.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 pm
User Image

Speaking of the 50th anniversary, I came up with a theory surrounding River Song and something she's said in a past episode.

The Doctor: How do you know who I am? I don't always look the same.
River: I've got pictures of all your faces. You never show up in the right order though.
~ "The Time of Angels" (5.04)

From the adventures that viewers have seen involving River Song, we know she's met both the Tenth and Eleventh Doctor. If those were the only two versions of the Doctor she met, then why would she need to keep referencing to the guide to see which Doctor she's met? Hence my theory that we haven't seen the last of River Song.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm
User Image
It can be understandable that River would have a guide to the Doctor's appearances for research purposes. After all, that's what she spend a majority of time doing at the Luna University - finding out everything she could about the Doctor. But the need to constantly check the guide means she's met more than just two Doctors (as viewers have seen).

According to rumors, some of the past Doctors will be making appearances in the upcoming 50th anniversary special. What a perfect opportunity for River to cross paths with more versions of the Doctor... and would explain the need to determine who is who with your guide when you keep meeting them in the wrong order.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:54 pm
User Image
And finally I have a feeling we'll see more of River after this little conversation between the Doctor and her:

River: What matters is this, Doctor. Don't travel alone.
The Doctor: Travel with me then.
River: Whenever and wherever you want. But not all the time. One psychopath per TARDIS, don't you think?
~ "The Angels Take Manhattan" (7.05)

I think we might see another adventure or two featuring River before her timeline finds come to the point where she must go to the Library. Not to mention to see the Doctor give her his sonic screwdriver; it wouldn't make any sense to not show that to audiences when its such a significant moment in both of their timelines. And, of course, how she suddenly joined her team of astronauts. It would be a bit interesting to know the story behind them coming together.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:09 pm
User Image
Q: “Why does River and the Doctor have babies?” (laughter)
Matt Smith: “That’s a very good question.”
Steven Moffat: “Why don’t they? Well, who’s to say what goes on? We don’t see every chapter of the Doctor’s life. But heaven knows what they’d be like. Can you imagine those two as parents?”
~ Doctor Who: The Snowmen Q&A

Oh my goodness! My Doctor Who OC can partially be canon now, lol. I have her the daughter of the Eleventh Doctor and River Song, at least the versions of an alternate universe. My OC's background story is quite complicated... a wibbly wobbly, timey wimey, spacey wacey background story.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 pm
User Image
User Image

I love how all of the modern era Doctors are interacting with key images that connect with some of the past Doctors. And love the TARDIS ornament. I need one for my own tree, lol.
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:30 pm
User Image
Alright, I'm going to head off and try to get somewhere with True Blood. Considering how long ago I started watching the series, I've only made it to the second season so far. Why is it taking so long for me to get through this show? Probably doesn't help that Netflix doesn't have them available for live streaming to help cut back on the time of buffering and what not. *sighs* Oh well.

Anyway, talk to you later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 962 963 964 965 966 967 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games