Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:23 pm
User Image

((Aly was supposed to be a quartet but it came out after the Potter books. Pierce saw that people would read thicker books so made it only two instead of four. If you compare the length, it's about the same as the other quartets.
And I've read everything out by Pierce except Melting Stones. I'm waiting for Bloodhound cause Beka is amazing.))

Joshua nodded as Liwa answered his questions. His eyes went wide as he heard her offer. He barely heard Katalina's voice registering through his shock. Joshua nodded mutely, trying to figure out how to say how grateful he was. He'd never thought to have the chance to meet a fledgling! All the myths said that they were very protective of their young. Finally, he found his voice. "I would be honored if you would allow me to see them."

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:23 pm
((OOC: I think you're my evil twin or something. The only one I've skipped so far is Melting Stones, too, and I'm waiting anxiously for Bloodhound. If they put it off any longer, I may cry.))

Liwa gestured with one forepaw. "I will take you." She glanced at Radin, and the two of them almost seemed to converse with their eyes for a few moments. Then Liwa said calmly, "Are you ready?"

Before he could even answer, she hooked her talons gently around his middle and rose in the air, carrying him up towards the nest. "You will have to watch your fingers - they n** still, just to taste."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:28 am
User Image

((That is crazy. I've only ever met one person who has read the Pierce books like I have. Now there's two!))

Joshua let out a small gasp as he was lifted into the air. "I'll keep that in mind." He told Liwa. As much as he wanted to see the fledglings, he did intend to keep all his fingers intact. He watched the ground fall away as they rose higher into the air. In the back of his mind, the teen knew he should be deathly afraid. I mean, here he was, in the claws of a griffin, high above the water. Yet the view and the thought of where he was going, pushed all the fear from Joshua's mind. "Liwa? How old are the fledglings?"

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:59 pm
Madness_Delivers
Aoife paused a moment forgetting that Sea fairies must not be very common. "I'm a Sea Fairy. I was..." looking for the words, "wondering why you are here?"

"O, that makes sence...."
Violet said...
"and no reason in particular, why? am i not sopoused to be here?"
she asked suspisciously.....

((SOOO sorry for not posting! i get on EVERY day, but it's like IMPOSIBLE to find an RP here! >->))  

kkoreo6

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:15 pm
User Image

((That's why I bookmark the latest page of each of my rp's.))

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:06 pm
((OOC: *high fives*))

Liwa glanced down at him as they rose towards the nest. "One is three years. The other is six months," she replied. "I believe, anyway. Time is not very important to us in and of itself."

Impatient squawking from the nest interrupted her. Very gently, she set Joshua down on the lip of the nest, then climbed inside and cuffed the noisy one soundly on the head, hissing something in her own language.

The two turned their bright eyes to Joshua. The larger fledgling was a sort of moldy grey, with bits of bright copper poking out here and there - its adult feathers, showing only slightly as of yet. The other was a bright orange, and much smaller. Both chirped amicably enough at him.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:58 pm
Quote:
"O, that makes sence...."
Violet said...
"and no reason in particular, why? am i not sopoused to be here?"
she asked suspisciously.....

((SOOO sorry for not posting! i get on EVERY day, but it's like IMPOSIBLE to find an RP here! >->))

(( I just copy the link and save it somewhere. But that's okay. ))

Aoife shook her head. "No. It's not that." Aoife smiled. "You see there are people here and..." Aoife drawled. "Yeah." She summed up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 pm
User Image

Joshua sat on the edge of the nest. He took Liwa's warning about the nipping seriously. The griffin looked like it could do serious damage to a human, even as a fledgling. He cocked his head to the side, listening to the mother griffin speaking. Joshua grinned at the griffin fledglings. They were cute, in a dangerous wild predator way. He glanced back to Liwa. "Do they have names yet?"

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

kkoreo6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 am
Quote:
Aoife shook her head. "No. It's not that." Aoife smiled. "You see there are people here and..." Aoife drawled. "Yeah." She summed up.

"People?"
Violet thought for a moment before she realized what she was saying....
"You mean there are HUMANS here?!"
she said dragging out the word 'human' like it was a terrible word....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:30 pm
"Not yet," replied Liwa briefly, examining the younger of the two. "A griffin chooses its own name - with the help of its parents - once it is old enough to communicate. These two are still too young."

The bigger fledgling struggled to its feet and sprawled across the nest towards Joshua, tilting its head as though trying to figure out what he was. "Krrrr auw kiirp?" it asked.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:20 pm
Aoife looked astonished at the reaction, but bit her lip and nodded. "Mm-hm."  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 pm
User Image

Joshua nodded to Liwa. "Makes sense. How old are they, as a general rule, when they learn to communicate?" He grinned as he watched the fledgling come closer. Making sure his hands were away from the griffin's face, he shrugged. "Sorry little one. I don't understand." In his mind, he wondered about the gender of the fledglings. One thought lead to another. 'How do you tell them apart?'

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:17 pm
"Well, as to how we tell them apart, the colour tends to be a good indicator," replied Liwa dryly, having picked up on the thought from the look on Joshua's face. "And the size. But if you mean gender, you can tell the same way I believe humans do with cats - pick them up and check underneath." She rested a forepaw on the larger one and flipped it over. "Male," she said unnecessarily. Then she flipped over the younger one as the first one, with an indignant squawk, righted itself. "Female," said Liwa, referring to the second one.

She shrugged, watching the two little ones mutter indignantly to each other. "It depends. Anywhere from five to ten years, as I recall. I was six, and Radin eight - males seem to take longer than females, for some reason."

The older fledgling, casting a quick glance at its mother with another grumbling mutter, looked at Joshua again. Then it tried again. "Krrrr auw kiirp?" it demanded. Liwa sighed and nudged the fledgling back toward its sibling.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:06 am
Madness_Delivers
Aoife looked astonished at the reaction, but bit her lip and nodded. "Mm-hm."

"well why didn't you tell me in the first place?!"
Violet said...
"I can't be seen by them! are you crazy?!"
she said quietly....

kkoreo6

Madness Delivers

Eloquent Fatcat

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:21 pm
"Well, most people shouldn't see you. B-But there are two, who aren't like that." Aoife said. Feeling bad that she sounded like them about not letting humans know.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games