Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Agent Sinistra rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 10 Total: 22 (3-30)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:13 pm
@ Shogi Competition

"Ah... I understand." Kyumi would say. "I think I've had more than enough of distractions myself. Well... Enough for today, anyway."

Kyumi let out a soft sigh as she surveyed the board. How could she have not seen that coming! Sure, her bishop was still on the board, but... He had just captured one of her generals!

She would bring in the remaining general closer to the king, hoping that would help stave off Kagae's attacks better.

((3k3 + 1 raise, 22 vs TN 30; Free raise for Kagae!))  
Mongooseh rolled 5 10-sided dice: 5, 7, 4, 2, 3 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:21 pm
@Shogi competition
6 Banked raises
"It has shown..."

Kagae moved a knight into where the gold general had been with deliberation and looked up at Kyumi with a blank expression.

"Check."

(Spending the 6 banked raises to check no raises made this turn. 5k3 vs tn 5 Result: enough )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:36 pm
@ Shogi Competition

Kyumi would scan over the board, and really didn't like what she saw. While there was a possible move she might be able to use to get out of check... It looked as though she would simply end back into check as soon as Kagae had been allowed his next turn.

"My apologies for being a poor opponent for you..." She would say a bit sheepishly. She would then offer up her king to him. "I surrender. It's obvious that between us, you are the superior player."

She would follow this up with a smile, as if to reassure him that she was not about to throw a fit like Maru had on her way out. "Good luck with the rest of the event."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm
@Shogi Competition

Kagae took the king in his hands and nodded then stood and bowed.

"Thank you for your words... And for being such a courteous opponent... It was also a pleasure to talk to you... And... You would be welcome in the crab tent anytime..."

Smiling awkwardly Kagae left for the waiting area where he would play with the king for a while before pocketing it.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 pm
@ Shogi Competition

Kyumi would politely bow back to Kagae before quickly and quietly exiting the competition. She'd then run off to find Omi and then head back to the Lion Tent.

Providing that no one is there, she'd talk with Omi there. If the tent was occupied, she'd politely greet whoever was inside and then promptly look for somewhere else to talk to Omi in private.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:12 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!!

"Hopefully, you treated her with respect, Kagae-san. She left in a hurry, after all..." A meaty hand would clap down on the architect's shoulder from behind.

Suddenly, Hogai would laugh heartily. "Fancy facing you, Kagae-san! I'm surprised I've made it this far. How have your matches gone?"  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm
@Shogi Competition

"In order Hogai-san annoying and then very well. How have your matches been?" Smirking slightly at Hogai's cheerful deameanour and motioned him to one of the tables.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:43 pm
@ Athletics Competition, Horsemanship Event:

@ Sayoko's Run...

Sayoko would be the next one to ride, it seems. But where was she? In the process of the previous runs, she had vanished...

Suddenly, a servant would spot her and point, everyone seeing Sayoko riding up on a midnight black steed, much larger and bulkier than the rest. Was this... was this her own personal horse?

Rearing back, Sayoko would tug tightly on the reigns and settle the beast in front of the other samurai. "I am ready for my turn," she would inform Raicho, before turning and beginning the course without permission or consent.

She would scoff at logs. Really, Crane? Logs? With a quick "Hyah!", the large black stallion would gallop at unsafe speeds... was it going to barrel through the logs like a brute? With a quick gesture with her hand on the horse's side, it would leap over... several logs at a time? Seemingly airborne longer that horsely possible, it would land and repeat the leap several times, clearing the first section in spades. {2 raises, 48 vs TN 20, pass+2}

She would get to the horizontal staffs, and she would be not amused. The horse would rush them at command, as she would tear the first staff she could get her hands on from its holder, using it to deflect all others away with a spin and a flourish of defensive blows. KlakKlakKlakKlakKlakKlakKlakKlakKlak! is all people would hear, as she navigated the faux forest flawlessly, dropping the staff when she was done. {2 raises, 36 vs TN 20, pass+2}

Now trenches? Sayoko eats more dangerous looking trenches for breakfast, and that doesn't even make sense! So much nonsense, though, that her steed became confused and missed a jump, almost tripping up. Sayoko calmed its desire to rush forward and salvaged it, calling a few words in Senpet. {1 raise, 11 vs TN 20, fail}

Nothing she couldn't recover from, it seems. As she steadied her mount, she would lash the reigns several times, charging full speed at the group of rapidly-fearfully-looking Daidoji. Some of them would even shake as they readied their bokken. She would suddenly lean over, grabbing one of the first bokken that was swung at her by its 'blade', and wrenched it out of the poor bushi's hand. She would use it to bash the samurai on one side, and booted the ones that tried to flank her on the opposite side, all while rushing through their ranks like they were defenseless ashigaru. {1 raise, 26 vs TN 25, pass+1}

Facing the final straightaway, Sayoko would focus intently on the finishing line. She would coax her mount to go as fast as it could, galloping like its life depended on it. Sayoko's hair blew behind her furiously, and she would... wait, what was she doing? Taking her feet from the stirrups, she would kneel upon the saddle, before standing. Her balance was tried, and it was an extremely difficult maneuver, but she would bring her new bokken to bear, motioning to practice a very basic kata as she crossed the finish line. {2 raises, 1 void point spent for a free raise, 16 vs TN 15, pass+3}

As she crossed the finish line, she half-fell from her mount, barely able to get ahold of her saddle as she leaped down from the animal. Panting, she would throw her bokken off to one side, reaching up to gently stroke side of the animal's face... was she smiling? Hmm, maybe not, though it almost looked like a smile.

"I'll be back to decide the next event," she told Raicho upfront, as she casually began to lead her horse away. Raicho would simply glare at the Unicorn, but the fact that she earned 16 points.

HORSEMANSHIP SCOREBOARD
Horiuchi Sayoko 16 points.
Isawa Sosuke 10 points
Bayushi Kojiro 10 points
Ujina Denbe 10 points
Kakita Zanzen 6 points
Yoritomo Susumu 4 points

Yoritomo Hisashi  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm
@ Shogi Competition:

Hogai would bow his head slightly, smiling, as he took a seat of an unoccupied table with its board already set up.

"My first match was against that nervous Crane guy. I actually had to explain the rules to him, he thought it played like Go. I took it easy on him, but he still lost. The next match was against that Dragon that really enjoys games. He would not shut up about them! Until I started kicking his a**. We played for almost an hour, and we only had a couple pieces left. Still, he managed to best me in the end. I still don't know how he did it..." Hogai would scratch his head, before looking down at the board.

"Want to leave firsties up to the fortunes, Kagae-san?" Hogai would reach into the pouch on his belt, and pulled out one die from a Fortunes & Winds set.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:59 pm
@ GM's Loose Ends:

@ Kojiro: The first servant would pause and look up at Kojiro, before bowing her head in apology. "I am sorry. I can get you the apples, but the sugar will be a bit difficult to procure on such short notice. Is that okay, noble samurai?"

@ Zanzen: Raicho would nod, and allow him to walk off his injuries. Like a REAL MAN.

@ Kagae: Prior to the competition, Kagae would be able to get adequate repair work done on the tent. He finished/fixed Kaori's patchwork, in about a third of the time. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 pm
@GM's loose ends

Kojiro would nod politely and dismiss the servant, taking the apples to ume-chan. "I'll get you the rest before I leave. I promise. Besides, it's bad to have so many treats at the same time."

The Scorpion would return in time to see Sayoko's ride and could not help but be awed.  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 5, 3 Total: 16 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:41 pm
Seichiro nodded, and smiled at the monk. "I will hold you to that, Kan-san." And with that, he completed the ceremony with his partner, ending it with a bow.

[Tea Ceremony 2k3= 13]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:16 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

After bidding farewell to Kan, the monk would be lead off, and Seichiro would be asked politely by the servant to wait there.

A few minutes would go by, before the door slid open. The same young man who took Kan away would present a woman in bright orange robes, shoulder-length black hair, and the biggest, brightest eyes Seichiro has ever seen. The girl, who was about Kyumi's age, would thank the servant, before taking a seat opposite of the Lion.

"Hello. My name is Isawa Toyoko. It is an honor to meet you!" she would greet Seichiro happily, smiling ever so much. Honestly, she's probably the most cheerful person Seichiro has met since he arrived a couple days ago. She would lower her head, bowing to her partner for the next round.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 pm
Seichiro bowed as best he could, with a smile. "Greetings, Toyoko-san. My name is Matsu Seichiro. I apologize in advance for my lack of an eye and my intimidating stature, it betrays my true nature." He would then take initative in heating up the water in the teakettle.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:39 pm
@ Ceremonial Competition, Round 4:

Toyoko would vigorously shake her head at Seichiro's implications. "I would never judge you on appearance! For all I know, you lost your eye in such a glorious battle that it saved all of Rokugan! Or couldn't had a bad tanto accident, or something. Please, don't think I'm like that, Seichiro-san! I implore you!"

She leaned forward over the table, seemingly keen on earning his pardon, or perhaps his approval?  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games