Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
I finished Eclipse....woah Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you have read Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse...which one do you think is the best?
  Twilight
  New Moon
  Eclipse
  I can't choose!!
  None of them (why are you here??)
View Results

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:21 pm

I loved Eclipse. More than Twilight (by just a little bit, though), and a LOT more than New Moon.

The only part I hated, hated, HATED? Jacob. He was even more of a pain in my a** in this book than before. I can understand than he wanted to fight for the girl he loved, but couldn't he see the magnitude of Edward's love for Bella and vice versa? And then forcing himself on her, tricking her into kissing him.. That total a**.

Okay, I have been in emo-mode all day because of the knowledge that it'll be OVER A YEAR until Breaking Dawn comes out. I will DIE of not knowing what happens for OVER A YEAR. Write faster, Stephenie, dammit!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:02 pm
Yeah I was was thinking the same thing there for a while. Though I think Twilight would always be my favorite. Since it is the begining and how much that book has compelled me to read like I never have before. New Moon not so much. But Eclipse was so AMAZING. It's a close second. And I'm tellin' ya... I can't wait for Breaking Dawn. I thought I was going to explode on the last page. I actually thought of it as a cliff hanger a bit....

I'll be sad when it's over though ; ;  

Sakki Goisagi

shadowgrl7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:54 pm
i loved that i learned more about the other characters and the other sides of Jacob, Bella and Edward. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:13 pm
So, Eclipse was a fantastic book and all, but I was disappointed with many of the parts. But I'll save you all the rant I posted in one of the other forums by telling you basically the biggest flaw.

Jacob.

So, yeah, he loves her and all, and she loves him, but just a few things I didn't like and needed to know more about:
A) I'm not sure if she didn't just force herself to love Jacob or if she really had genuine feelings for him.
B) He basically was trying to manipulate her out of a relationship she's proven she can't live without. And he just wouldn't give up even after he realized how much of a bond they had and how much they really loved each other and how serious she was about joining his family.
C) He's being racist about the vampires saying they're "unnatural" when he's not very natural himself. Sure, he lightened up, but he still has this hatred for Edward that he probably would've never had otherwise.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items