Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
Edward: Old-Fashioned Toward Marriage/Bella?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pentagramy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:43 pm
Okay, I've noticed that Edward kinda bosses Bella around, and treats her like she was his wife in olderen times. Like when wives obeyed husbands? Yeah, that area. He fights her over stuff, and thinks it should be his way with her most times.

He does ask oppions, and makes sure she's safe and okay, but he is kinda like, "I'm the man, your the woman, I'm in charge, and that's the way it works."

No offense or anything, but he does do that a lot (in Eclipse more so then the other books). He tries to make her do things a lot--granted, he tries to make her do those things for her safety, but... Still...

So I'm asking you guys (more so the people how have read Eclispe):
Is Edward old-fashioned toward Bella?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:46 pm
Edward is old fashioned. XD

miss. jenn

Pentagramy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:49 pm
miss. jenn
Edward is old fashioned. XD

I know. But it seems more pointed toward Bella then anyone else. He doesn't do it to Esme, or Alice, or even Rosalie. And they's all kind of be expecting it.
But, no. He does it to the modern-born girl. I just find that odd.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:21 pm
Hmm. I was a bit annoyed by how bossy he was to Bella. But he IS old fashioned, because he's OLD. And he fears for Bella's life, since she's a danger magnet and all. Look at it this way; in the long run, it's better that he's a little bossy than to end up with Bella dead, right?

Quote:
But it seems more pointed toward Bella then anyone else. He doesn't do it to Esme, or Alice, or even Rosalie.

Actually, he does kind of boss Alice around. She just doesn't listen. He wouldn't boss Esme, because she's practically his mother, and we all know what happens when you boss a mom around. And we don't see enough Rose-Edward interaction to know that he doesn't boss her around too.  

Accidental Affinity

Pentagramy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:27 pm
Interesting, Falls to the ground. See, I don't see him being old an alibi. I mean, Jasper's even older, and, from what we see, he's extremely "let Alice do as she pleases". Yes, he worries a lot--that explained itself in the battle of Eclipse. But he didn't stop her from fighting.

Even Carlisle! Carlisle oldest, and grew up in an even more pro way to that kind of behavior. But he just.... doesn't do it. It seems like only Edward does it. :/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:35 pm
Jasper didn't stop Alice from fighting because she's a vampire and can fight for herself. Bella is extremely breakable compared to Alice. Same with Carlisle and Esme, Emmet and Rose... Bella needs more protecting then the other women do because she can die very easily. Edward's come pretty close to losing Bella before, so I imagine he would do anything to make sure that never happens again.  

Accidental Affinity

Pentagramy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:02 pm
Falls to the ground
Jasper didn't stop Alice from fighting because she's a vampire and can fight for herself. Bella is extremely breakable compared to Alice. Same with Carlisle and Esme, Emmet and Rose... Bella needs more protecting then the other women do because she can die very easily. Edward's come pretty close to losing Bella before, so I imagine he would do anything to make sure that never happens again.

That's not really what I meant. Jasper could've gotten Alice to sit out, and switched Edward in, against Bella's will if he played at it enough. He was all over the field, though.
Again, though, he lets Alice do as she pleases. So I just think that Edward is hanging on to his times in certian areas, and advancing in others.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:43 pm
Personally I do think that Edward is old fashioned around Bella because
a.) He is himself around Bella because he loves her. (YaY blaugh )
b.) He feels threatened by Jacob and all other males. (Why you ask? I have no idea, I would pick Edward over Jake ((or Mike?)) any day.)

Personally I think he will stop acting bossy (and such) when Bella is a vampire. ( WHICH WIIILLLLL HAPPEN!!!!!)

CoolPickle33

Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff