Reply Eclipse
So what does the red ribbon on the cover mean?[spoilers]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sunshinexgirl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 pm
>_< I still don't get what the ripped red ribbon on the cover means!!!!!!!!! Blah, does no one get it around here? Or am I just really slow???? (anyone wanna explain to me? sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:35 pm
I personally believe it is a representation of Bella, the split is the two parts of her.... Edward's Bella and Jacob's Bella. Just a wild guess at it as the whole book was her trying to make that choice.  

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

miss. jenn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:39 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8157291 D: we were discussing it in there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:06 am

I think it's her representing her separation from Jacob by choosing Edward over him.

Shigures Editor

Crystal_256

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:39 pm
I think it had to do with how bella loved both Edward and Jacob, but she was being cut into about it. Thats also maybe how jake felt about being her friend in the begining.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 pm
I thought it represented Bella's life...

Beautiful(the color and texture)
though a bit bumpy with problems(how the ribbon is folded at some parts)
and a part of her life that she tore away-jacob(the seperation of the ribbon at the top)  

rin08

Demonic Sex Symbol

clovergirl4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:53 am
i guess all those make sense, i was wondering about that myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:56 pm
my friends farther has read the book, and i forgot his job, put he's professor level smart.

I think he said something like. "Look at the book. see the ribbon? its not completely torn. its frayed. frayed darkness. She isn't with the darkness yet (vampires)" i think he also mentioned indescion over the werewolves and the vampires. But i forget what frayed means xd

Rezuri-chanchan

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:58 pm
rin08
I thought it represented Bella's life...

Beautiful(the color and texture)
though a bit bumpy with problems(how the ribbon is folded at some parts)
and a part of her life that she tore away-jacob(the seperation of the ribbon at the top)

but notice its not torn. its fraed. two strands still connect the ribbon togethor.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:38 pm
My friend has a theory that it represents her and each side represents a part of her life (Edward or Jacob) being torn away from her.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dono_Kun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:01 pm
Before I read the book, I thought it might represent her blood flow.
Y'know, like, stopping?

Yeah. I was getting my hopes up that she would be a vampire by the end of the book.

After reading the book, I thought it was her connection to Jacob.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:03 pm
Exactly and how he's breaking away from her.
I was hoping she would too, but I figured it wouldn't... u.u  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

KiraLight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:09 pm
Rezuri-chanchan
my friends farther has read the book, and i forgot his job, put he's professor level smart.

I think he said something like. "Look at the book. see the ribbon? its not completely torn. its frayed. frayed darkness. She isn't with the darkness yet (vampires)" i think he also mentioned indescion over the werewolves and the vampires. But i forget what frayed means xd
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Er..sounds to me like someone was thinking too hard actually mad d
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:11 pm
Rezuri-chanchan

This is very analytical. But I don't quite understand the meaning... sweatdrop  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items