Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
Just finished and LOVING IT (Spoilers, of course)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Philomath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:51 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay, I didn't actually JUST finish it, but I did get ahold of Eclipse on Wednesday and finished it Thursday afternoon (Band camp stopped me from reading it during the day.
I have a few things I'd like to say:
- Bella wanting to sex up Edward before becoming a vampire seems oddly hilarious, and I wonder if Stephenie would actually have that in action in her next book? Maybe they just finish up as the intro to the 4th book. xD

- Jacob is GONE! Hallelujah! Sorry, but I really don't like him. And in the Epilogue, when he's like "I wouldn't be the first one to choose this form over the other [talking about staying as a wolf]... letting Jacob Black disappear behind me." YES! -high fives ones self-

- Alice being able to host the wedding is going to be awesome, and I love how she created an olden style dress that seems to fit Edward a little better. It makes me happy. =D

And questions:
- Why in the bloody hell does she think that loving Jacob poses a problem?! I mean, she said so herself that she was in love with Jacob, but it wasn't enough to ditch Edward and it wasn't so little to forget about it. She figured that out before, and knew what she had to do, but she kept on being all whiny about it. =/

- I mean, I know it's all happy and stuff that Edward wants to marry Bella, and I'm perfectly okay with that. But why is he stressing so much that it be while she's human? Doesn't he realize that that just makes it more difficult for her to forget about her current family and friends before turning? And he better not be doing that to slow her down, because he should know that that wont phase Bella THAT much... ><;

- I still wonder what's up with Bella's brain. If nothing affects her brain in the supernatural way... Doesn't that mean that she's going to be given some sort of gift if she becomes a vampire? =o I mean, Edward could basically read faces [now he reads minds], Jasper had control of people [now emotions], Emmett was freakishly strong [now just more apparent], and something with Alice gave her the ability to see the future... Wouldn't this whole nothing-happening-with-her-mind give her some sort of power, and, if so, what would it be? =o

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:18 pm
Ugh. I am so happy that Jacob is gone. He annoyed me to a point where I didn't think annoyance could even go. -takes in a deep breath and calms down- But he's gone now. WOO!

//But about Bella's brain. I was also wondering the same thing throughout the book. What popped into my mind was maybe she'd have the power to temporarily make another's disappear? You know, like render them completely useless for a certain amount of time before they came back.
It was just an idea. Not much of a thought through one either.
//
biggrin

Kaikaku

Philomath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Yeah, I'm more than glad he's gone. xD

Hm... I wouldn't be as surprised if that happened, now that you mention it. I was thinking that maybe she wont have that vampire mind-set when she's turned. Like, of course she'll want blood, but she won't go crazy like normal newbies do. Since her mind seems to be different from everyone else's... -shrugs- I dunno. xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:31 pm
Yeah. That was my second thought after looking into it a little more. It would make sense and she does worry an awful lot about it in Eclipse. One thing's for sure though: It's definitely going to be interesting to find out.
^^

That's the one problem with getting a book (in a series) on the day it comes out.
You have to wait forever for the next one.

Kaikaku

Aris`

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:44 pm
I used to be a Jacob hater for like, 2 hours. But then I realized that what he does is what makes him a teenager. After all, Edward's like, 110 or something like that. Jacob is realistic, so I love him. Not as much as Edwardo, of course.

Jacob brought on all the drama, without him, you'd have to admit, it would've been awfully boring.

I found like, 60% of the whole book hilarious. I was screaming and laughing into my pillow because I was reading so late.
I hope that she puts in the wedding, and surprised
JACOB COULD LIKE, OBJECT. DUDEEEE.
Yay for drama~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:57 pm

Holy crap. Would he really do something like that?! -answers oneself- Of course, he's Jacob...
-swears-
I hope he doesn't. D'=

Yeah, I loved most of the book, but I still hate Jacob. -shrugs- Personal preference, I guess.

Philomath

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:13 pm

I had to stop (unwillingly) for the bare essentials of food and sleep. DDD; I hate being human.

I AM SO GLAD JACOB IS GONE. I was nearly crying tears of joy when he left at the very end of the book. I hope he's gone from the books forever (except when Bella goes all emo, thinking about him).

Because Bella's all whiny like that, I suppose. You know those hormonal teenagers.. >>; Maybe because loving him while loving Edward even more rips her apart further? Because she really doesn't want to have to choose one over the other?

I guess it's because marriage is one of those human experiences he wanted her to have, right? I think that Bella won't be under control for a while after she's changed, and he's probably really itching to get married.

I was thinking about that too, her supernatural power. Since it strengthens their already-strong traits from their human life.. but I have no idea what kind of power it would be, either! ^^;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 pm
You know... I don't really think Jacob is so bad. Sure... some parts he was being a total a** and it did get annoing. But he really wanted Bella, even though he wasn't always going the best way about it. They were right though... he would have been so good for Bella. Which adds to the drama...
And the part where he and Edward talk while she's 'sleeping'. That was an important part. I kinda do hope he comes back... even if just to make an appearence... at her wedding or something.  

Sakki Goisagi

Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff