Reply Eclipse
Jacob and bella? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RainyRose329

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:26 pm
Jake Lied to her... Bella imprinted with him but it didn't work out because of edward. Jacob said that if edward had died back in 1901 that they (Jake and Bella) would be in love, gotten married and had kids and been happy together! Its tragic really  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:21 pm
You guys are forgetting that Edward can read minds. If Jake had imprinted on her, Edward would know. You can't hide that sort of feeling. And if you remember their conversation in the tent, there is a hint about it.

Edward
"You see, Jacob, you might leave her someday. Like Sam and Emily, you wouldn't have a choice. I would always be waiting in the wings, hoping for that to happen."

There is Ms. Meyer telling us Jacob has not imprinted, yet.  

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Crystal_256

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:39 pm
RainyRose329
Jake Lied to her... Bella imprinted with him but it didn't work out because of edward. Jacob said that if edward had died back in 1901 that they (Jake and Bella) would be in love, gotten married and had kids and been happy together! Its tragic really

Yes, but Bella loves Edward more the jacob. i agree with Autruna. If he did imprint he would know. And Edward would have read his mind. but Also way back in twlilght, Jacob like bella then too. He would always be so happy to see her. And told her those stories. Im still not sure. Maybe it is a posiblity. But imprinting is suppose to happen istantly. How Quil knew istantly about that 2 year old. (i think it was Quil, im not sure.)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:19 pm
I myself think that the moment bella questions her love for edward (which i doubt will ever happen) that Jacob feels the imprinting. He could have been lying, but like Emily Bella would have felt it too. But maybe she did, and that explains the vision she had?

Hmm...that sounds very nteresting. Yes, he could have been lying. Then again he could have been truthfull. and don't you think if edward saw that the imprint was there he would have backed off. after all, that means that bella was made for jacob. i don't think edward could have lived with that. he wouldn't have told bella that if she had chosen jacob and jacobs match came along he would be waiting. because if she was his match what was the point in edward fighting it? it would only mean mor epain on his part. and bella couldn't have delt with him being that way.

Rezuri-chanchan

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:23 pm
RainyRose329

i really don't think he lied to her. i don't think they imprinted. love and imprinting is on two different levels. the stories tell us that and Sam and Emily and Leah are another example. Jacob had said if there was no magic (also including him being a werewolve not just edward being a vampire) they would have been together. they were a natural human match. because edward wouldn't have lived to see the 21rst century.

but hmm...if edward had been born in the 20th century and was as old as jacob and bella how would that have turne out you think. if their were no vampires, and no werewolves. would she still have picked edward do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:53 pm
ok i change my mind alittle about jacob he did come on strong but bella kissed back realizeing she was inlove with him so back off since its SOOO much of a better couple than edward and her!

my opion  

XXXHugThePsychoXXX

RainyRose329

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:13 pm
Crystal_256
RainyRose329

Yes, but Bella loves Edward more the jacob. i agree with Autruna. If he did imprint he would know. And Edward would have read his mind. but Also way back in twlilght, Jacob like bella then too. He would always be so happy to see her. And told her those stories. Im still not sure. Maybe it is a posiblity. But imprinting is suppose to happen istantly. How Quil knew istantly about that 2 year old. (i think it was Quil, im not sure.)

Yeah but Its not supposed to happed until AFTER you're a werewolf. How do we know if it didn't happen? Embry ignored kim (i thinks thats what her name was) for as long as he's known her and now he can't stay away from her. I'm sure if quil had met claire before he was a werewolf he would have thought her to be just another two year old. And Edward does ask jake to control his thoughts... Plus he doesn't tell Bella everything like jake does. And besides they both are playing dirty. And if jake told bella he had imprinted it wouldn't matter anyway because of edward. He is the card that can trump a soul mate.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:04 pm
RainyRose329
Crystal_256
RainyRose329

Yeah but Its not supposed to happed until AFTER you're a werewolf. How do we know if it didn't happen? Embry ignored kim (i thinks thats what her name was) for as long as he's known her and now he can't stay away from her. I'm sure if quil had met claire before he was a werewolf he would have thought her to be just another two year old. And Edward does ask jake to control his thoughts... Plus he doesn't tell Bella everything like jake does. And besides they both are playing dirty. And if jake told bella he had imprinted it wouldn't matter anyway because of edward. He is the card that can trump a soul mate.

Edward asks Jake to control his thoughts because he is thinking very... dirty thoughts. He's doing it to upset Edward, you know. Yes, they do both play dirty. And it does happen after you're a werewolf. Jake would have been MUCH more persistent and protective, but also less forceful of his love had he imprinted on Bella.  

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:49 pm
neutral hmnn.. its possible... xp not Probable! i mean...idk really... but i really don't think so.... neutral sweatdrop Gah! i really don't kno what to think....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:37 am
Autruna
RainyRose329
Crystal_256
RainyRose329

Edward asks Jake to control his thoughts because he is thinking very... dirty thoughts. He's doing it to upset Edward, you know. Yes, they do both play dirty. And it does happen after you're a werewolf. Jake would have been MUCH more persistent and protective, but also less forceful of his love had he imprinted on Bella.

we don't know that for sure because everyone is differnt. Its possible that he did imprint with her and he just is lying about it. I mean they are soul mates and that's what imprinting is basically is finding your soul mate. Jake and bella were supposed to be together until bella met edward. Its not necessarily that he lied its just that maybe he knew that it wouldn't matter i mean he said he knew it was a long shot.  

RainyRose329

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:25 am
RainyRose329
Autruna

we don't know that for sure because everyone is differnt. Its possible that he did imprint with her and he just is lying about it. I mean they are soul mates and that's what imprinting is basically is finding your soul mate. Jake and bella were supposed to be together until bella met edward. Its not necessarily that he lied its just that maybe he knew that it wouldn't matter i mean he said he knew it was a long shot.

Jacob and Bella are human soul mates. Bella and Edward are eternal soul mates. An Eternal Connection, that is what imprinting is. And the base feelings of imprinting are the same. Different personalities, make the actions range; however, that respect for their happiness remains. I don't believe that Jake would have made Bella suffer so much just to make her realize that she loved him had he imprinted on her.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:51 pm
Autruna
Someone posted this quote and I'd like to give my interpretation of it.

Quote:
"Quil imprinted. That's three now. The rest of us are starting to get worried. Maybe it's more common than the stories say...." He frowned, and then turned to stare at me. He gazed into my eyes without speaking, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
"What are you staring at?" I asked, feeling self-conscious.
He sighed."Nothing."

I believe that at this point Jake is hoping that he has imprinted on Bella; however, I think his confusion stems from the fact that his feelings for Bella aren't the same as Sam's for Emily or Jared's for Kim or even Quil's for Claire. His love for Bella is different; therefore, not imprinting.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jacob loves Bella and would do anything for her. But that quotes tells me that he was looking for something that wasn't there.

I think is Jacob was imprinted on Bella he would not be so much of a jerk, unconditional love and all that I think is part and parcel with imprinting. I think he wishes that he was imprinted but really isn't. Sigh. I think it would be interesting if he imprinted on a real wolf LOL  

Ladygrail

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:21 pm
Ladygrail
Autruna
Someone posted this quote and I'd like to give my interpretation of it.

Quote:
"Quil imprinted. That's three now. The rest of us are starting to get worried. Maybe it's more common than the stories say...." He frowned, and then turned to stare at me. He gazed into my eyes without speaking, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
"What are you staring at?" I asked, feeling self-conscious.
He sighed."Nothing."

I believe that at this point Jake is hoping that he has imprinted on Bella; however, I think his confusion stems from the fact that his feelings for Bella aren't the same as Sam's for Emily or Jared's for Kim or even Quil's for Claire. His love for Bella is different; therefore, not imprinting.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jacob loves Bella and would do anything for her. But that quotes tells me that he was looking for something that wasn't there.

I think is Jacob was imprinted on Bella he would not be so much of a jerk, unconditional love and all that I think is part and parcel with imprinting. I think he wishes that he was imprinted but really isn't. Sigh. I think it would be interesting if he imprinted on a real wolf LOL

And I agree completely. Including the part about it being interesting if he imprinted with a wolf. Though I somehow doubt it will happen. I'd like to see him with someone human.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:10 am
I don't think Bella is imprinted with Jake. I think it's more of a Sam and Leah type thing. They loved each other until Emily came into the picture.

Personally, Bella annoyed me during this book and I feel bad for Jake. It's not neccessarily his fault that Bella seems to be leading him on for the majority of the story. Especially all the way to the end.

And when she "loses" Jake, her reaction to it isn't nearly as strong as it was when she lost Edward. If she really was imprinted with Jake, it should have been much worse. If that's even possible.

Kirree

7,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:28 am
RainyRose329
Autruna
RainyRose329
Crystal_256
RainyRose329

You guys, Meyer has said Jacob has not imprinted with anyone yet. Which means that it is in fact the Sam-Leah-Emily thing all over again. If she were to have stayed with Jacob, her heart would've been broken once he imprinted.
Now, if there were no vampires or wolves (which would mean that this story wouldn't exist) then Bella would be with Jacob and happy. but that isn't the case.
And it was said in the book, that imprinting did not mean soulmates. The bond is much stronger than that. If he had imprinted her, her feelings for him would've been much stronger and impossible to ignore. But that isn't the case. She was able to shove those feelings aside until he tried to bring them out. Therefore, like Meyer has said, Jacob has not imprinted.  
Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff