Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:19 pm
Tokyna
*forgot to check up on this thread*

I guess in some ways it is necessary to flesh out the characters a bit more (and I forgot what else I was goign to say) but thanks for all the opinions guys. It's interesting to hear what everyone has to say whee

Edit; Remembered now.
The Three wives stuff was pretty interesting, kinda gives La Push that more Indian reservation feel rather than 'just some section of town where Jacob lives'.

I laughed pretty hard when Quil imprinted though. (my friends went EW! but I thought it was kinda funny :/ )

I did too xd I thought it was funny and a lil weird at the same time rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:35 pm
The Imprinting thing was new to me. It makes me wonder something...
-Jacob was so sure that he wouldn't imprint on anyone.
-Bella's immune to head- and mind-based Vampiric powers.
So..
-Jacob Imprinted on Bella but she didn't Imprint back?

This book felt like filler. j-j
User Image  

Serafina Pekala

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:41 pm
Serafina Pekala
The Imprinting thing was new to me. It makes me wonder something...
-Jacob was so sure that he wouldn't imprint on anyone.
-Bella's immune to head- and mind-based Vampiric powers.
So..
-Jacob Imprinted on Bella but she didn't Imprint back?

This book felt like filler. j-j
User Image

hmmmm I was wondering that too did he? I wasnt sure every time he smiled it was hard for her not to smile back. hmmmmmmmmmmmm question blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:11 pm
i thought it was good.  

Hugplex316

Ruthless Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Syrette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:29 am
"Thought I'd begin by reading
a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought...."

Evil Genius Koji

@Taru-chan --Again-- This is kinda unrelated, but I have to say this...the sixth book of Harry Potter was extremely good. If I had to say, the 5th book was most dissapointing, with all the teenage angst. True, the 6th was a stepping stone for the 7th- but it was an INTERESTING stone. A good author can make parts of the story well-written enough that it gradually leads up the the climax, not just shout 'awkward'.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. When did I say that the sixth book was bad? Explain. And Eclipse didn't shout "awkward". Eclipse did feel awkward, but it was from Bella's point of view, who during Eclipse was very confused and was trying to balance out her life with Edward and Jacob who both hated each other and didn't want to play nice.

Tokyna

When I posted this topic there was no Eclipse forum, thank you very much.

The Eclipse forum was present when you posted this thread, you posted it on August 11 and I remember an Eclipse subforum before Eclipse even came out, on August 7. :/

...Why should I?
He never reads any of mine." -Spike Milligan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:15 pm
Eclipse was really good in my opinion.
I'll agree that Eclipse wasn't thrilling; at all. But I found it dramatic.
Out of the three, I liked New moon the most. Probably because of how tear-inducing it was. D: I really liked Jacob's character in New moon, but in Eclipse it changed a bit. Still, the drama is what I thought was the best.
I loved the little talk that Jacob and Edward had in the tent. 4laugh

Aris`

Heidrich

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:44 pm
Eclipse is like a bad fanfiction. Everything was so forced. Yes, the biggest problem I had with this was the writing. Perhaps it was because I recently finished the final installment of Harry Potter, which embodies the true essence of fluent and detailed writing and plot. Eclipse was just a bunch of random insertions trying desperately to make some sense out of the mess that is Edward, Bella, Jacob and Victoria. I do appreciate the background and history presented, which fails to develop the characters but provides useful for Eclipse’ bleak plot. During the story telling and flashbacks much of the speech were awkward, to say the least. Especially during the flashbacks of Jasper, there were so little references to the speaker that it was impersonal and boring, like a bad teacher trying to do a lecture.
Edward’s representation bothered me as well. I always thought of him as an aged, cool, collected and most of all intelligent gentleman. Imagine my surprise when out of all the supposedly genius Cullens, it was Bella to figure out what Victoria is doing. To those of you who enjoyed the book, forgive me for being a bit cruel (having wasted my time reading this I feel that my mind demands it), but Eclipse should have never been published, it is a waste of trees. And how obvious is it that Edward did not change Bella? For the sake of keeping this franchise alive for the fourth installment. Maybe if he had changed her that might have provoked an ounce of adrenaline in my body.
Bleak and tasteless is my verdict, because any book that is 50% dialog deserves it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:49 pm
Evil Genius Koji

@Taru-chan --Again-- This is kinda unrelated, but I have to say this...the sixth book of Harry Potter was extremely good. If I had to say, the 5th book was most dissapointing, with all the teenage angst. True, the 6th was a stepping stone for the 7th- but it was an INTERESTING stone. A good author can make parts of the story well-written enough that it gradually leads up the the climax, not just shout 'awkward'.

3nodding Order of the Phoenix's teen angst was nothing compared to New Moon, at least Harry didn't attempt suicide. rolleyes  

Heidrich

Eclipse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces