Submit

What do you think?
  Yes
  No
  Don't know...
View Results

xoSereox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:52 am
Alright...I'm rereading Eclipse again because one of my friends brought up an interesting fact that Jacob imprinted Bella.

Now we got into a little bickering match over MSN, and then I went home and reread the part where it talks about it, and I hae to say...she's right. Jacob did imprint Bella, but due to the bond between Edward and Bella, it's not strong enough to break Bella away from Edward.

Which means only one thing...Jacob can only be Bella's friend and nothing else.

Now I don't want any flames from anyone, because this is just my own opinion, so I would appreciate it greatly if I don't get flammed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:13 am
lol I started to figure that out I had theory maybe there is a story u know how in chapter 8 Jacob was talking about all the stories coming true then he looked at Bella for awhile maybe there is a Quilette (spelled that wrong lol) story that is about a wolf that imprinted on a girl but she is in love with a cold one wink  

niecerpiecer

clovergirl4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:34 am
I don't think so, because it's like with Sam and Leah , they were high school sweet hearts and then he met Emily and it all changed. I think it's the same way with Jacob and Bella, he loves her now but when he meets the "right" one, it will be different.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:01 pm
Jacob didn't imprint Bella; it wasn't an immediate thing. They just fell in love. (Jacob even says that they didn't, in Eclipse.) Jacob may or may not imprint on someone else -- after all, there are a lot of people he'll never see in this world! (I hope he finds happiness; I love Jacob!)

...What depresses me is how they are soul-mates, but Edward and Bella's love is stronger crying

Malinean Rose

+_asuka_mikamura_+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:18 pm
I dOn't thInk thAt jAcOb ImprIntEd On bElla
'cAUsE hE dOEsn't fEEl OblIgEd tOwArds bElla,
lIkE qUil tOwArds EmIly's lIttlE cOUsIn.
It's jUst thAt jAcOb's fEElIngs tOwArds bEllA ArE
mEre hUmAn fEElIngs hE cOmpOsE whEn hE And
bEllA spEnds thAt tImE tOgEthEr whEn EdwArd lEft hEr.
thErE Is Only OnE hAppInEss In lIfE,
tO lOvE And bE lOvEd.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-gEOrgE sAnd-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:30 pm
No. Jacob did not imprint on Bella.
If he did, he would of caused all this drama in New Moon. When he first turned into a werewolf.
It is possible that he thinks he imprinted on her. But he will realize he didn't when he imprints with someone for real.

Ohh my love

Shameless Gawker

Tickle Toe Bob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:15 pm
Absolutely!!!! I definatly think that Jacob imprinted on Bella, which makes the epilouge all the more sad!!!!!!!!! crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:52 am
Jacob did not imprint with Bella. It was never mentioned whether he was lying or not in Eclipse, which brought up concern, but when Stephenie Meyer attended an event, she stated that Jacob wasn't lying, and he has not met his imprint partner yet.

First video of the interview
Someone asks the question in one of the three parts to the video, so just watch it all the way through if you haven't and please tell us which part it is.

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

Reana Kay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:34 pm
I wondered that, too, but I decided against that theory. ^^ I would feel worse for Bella if she didn't have Edward. I know it sounds weird/obvious, but let me explain. Ok, so in another world (w.o Edward), Bella and Jake would be an amazing couple but I would feel horrible if Jake imprinted on someone else, which I think he will. It's like Leah and Sam. They were -in love-! Poor Leah still thinks about him romantically! That would be Bella. Bad deal.

...I think I forgot my point.. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:40 pm
I decided against that theory as well. As much as it would've made sense, it didn't make sense. If he had imprinted Bella, he would've acted much different around her. Also, even if he did imprint her, it never would've worked. She loves Edward too much.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Dionish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:31 pm
Ohmigosh! I think Jacob imprinted Bella too! I even have some evidence supporting the theory!

"It's so hard to describe. It's not like love a first sight, really. It's more like . . . gravity moves. When you see her, suddenly it's not the earth holding you here anymore. She does. And nothing matters more than her. And you would do anything for her, be anything for her. . . . a protector, or a lover, or a friend, or a brother." -Jacob, describing imprinting on page 176 of Eclipse

Bella through most of the book feels that her relationship with Jacob is a sisterly or friendly one, which explains the last part of that paragraph.

And here's another...

"Jacob's been keeping a lot of secrets." - Edward, page 416

Edward can get into Jacob's head, and would know whether-or-not Jacob has imprinted with Bella. But I truly doubt Edward would say anything to Bella about it. Well, if she asked Edward, he might tell her, but she doesn't think he has. Her bond with another mythical creature seems to override the power of the imprinting (if indeed she was imprinted on).

...though I'm still 100% Edward/Bella, so sorry Jake! sad I know you love her...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:06 pm
But didn't Meyer say he hasn't imprinted on anyone, including Bella?  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

twisted words

Dapper Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:02 pm
XxFearRegretxX
But didn't Meyer say he hasn't imprinted on anyone, including Bella?

Yup, Stephenie confirmed that fact.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:35 pm
And there was a quote in the book but I can't find it. It was something like "he looked at her, trying to find something that wasn't there." Most likely meaning that he was trying to see if he felt this unbreakable tie between them but couldn't.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items