Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
My freinds being a d**k.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hybridblake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:38 pm
Today me and some of my freinds went to the park near us to have an airsoft gun war, if you get shot your on the team of the person who shot you. So i got shot and i went to my freind kais team we split up me with my freind kai, and my other 2 freinds with each other, so we were walking down the path and i saw a dead frog and to be sure it was dead i kicked it. so here was our conversation
Him: " Your gonna go to hell now "
Me: " Why? "
Him: " You kicked something dead "
Me: " Why would that matter? "
Him: " If you kick something dead you go to hell thats why it says rest in peace on gravestones "
Me: " The only reason you would go to hell is if your not a christian"
Him: " Your a christian?"
Me: " Yeah, You didnt know that? "

Then he asked me if i believed in time and i said no because we created time and kai said that christians believe in time and that he hated me and things that didnt make any sense at all and that the bible was just a load of crap and lies and i said that doesnt make any sense and so he shot me and started acting all mean and dumb to me and spazing at the littlest things.

So what should i do?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:35 pm
Thanks for the help.....  

hybridblake

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:14 pm
Hey hey hey, you have to give the advice fairies alittle time to realize to check the Advice forum

Honestly, it sounds like he's Christian phobic... It also sounds like something bad might have happened a while back and he blames Christians for it... Or maybe he had an extremist friend that turned against him... Or he had a bad church experience, there's a lot of possibilities...

Perhaps try talking to him about it, ask him why he's not a big fan of the religion. Maybe then you can figure out if there's something that he stereotypes most Christians as and you're not really like that at all.

Just a note: Be gentle when talking about religion. I'm serious, he may have been harsh saying what you believe is a load of bull, but being harsh back does NOT make things better. Ever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:37 pm
Fenera
Hey hey hey, you have to give the advice fairies alittle time to realize to check the Advice forum

Honestly, it sounds like he's Christian phobic... It also sounds like something bad might have happened a while back and he blames Christians for it... Or maybe he had an extremist friend that turned against him... Or he had a bad church experience, there's a lot of possibilities...

Perhaps try talking to him about it, ask him why he's not a big fan of the religion. Maybe then you can figure out if there's something that he stereotypes most Christians as and you're not really like that at all.

Just a note: Be gentle when talking about religion. I'm serious, he may have been harsh saying what you believe is a load of bull, but being harsh back does NOT make things better. Ever.

I know being harsh back just makes things worse, im about 87% sure that he hasnt had a extremist freind/something bad happened but thanks for the help biggrin smile neutral  

hybridblake

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:05 pm
Ah yes, the beginning of a "holy" war. They usually have nothing to do with beliefs. Religion is a set of . . . ideas. Some people blame their battles on religion. Anyway, you should discuss it with him. Tell him you don't need him to believe what you believe. That should help at least a little. I can't think of anything else that you can do beyond that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:12 pm
Sounds like your friend has a case of what I like to call "Know everything about nothing syndrome." This is when someone thinks that they know everything about a subject but really don't know anything about. Personally though kind of people annoy me the most. Personally, I don't think that incident is that important, unless that kind of thing continues to happen. Then you should probably think about your friendship with him. At this point I'm probably just rambling nonsense so I'm going to shut up now.  

Muckluck7

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff