Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 am
For those of you who said Jacob "forced" Bella to love him  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:32 am
Q. What’s the deal with Bella just falling in love with Jacob in the eleventh hour of Eclipse? Don’t you believe in true love anymore? What happened to blacken your soul, woman??

A. First of all, let me say that I do believe in true love. But I also deeply believe in the complexity, variety, and downright insanity of love. A lucky person loves hundreds of people in their lives, all in different ways, family love, friendship love, romantic love, all in so many shades and depths. I don’t think you lose your ability—or right—to have true love by loving more than one person. In part, this is true because you never love two people the same way. Another part is that, if you’re lucky, you learn to love better with practice. The bottom line is that you have to choose who you are going to commit to—that’s the foundation of true love, not a lack of other options.

Next, Bella does not fall in love with Jacob in Eclipse. Bella falls in love with Jacob in New Moon. I think it’s easy to understand why this fact doesn’t occur to her. Bella has only fallen in love one time, and it was a very sudden, dramatic, sweep-you-off-your-feet, change-your-world, magical, passionate, all-consuming thing (see: Twilight). Can you blame her for not recognizing a much more subtle kind of falling-in-love?

Does this love devaluate her love for Edward? Not for me. For me, it makes that perfect true love stronger. Bella has another option. She has a really good one. An option that’s easier in many ways, that takes nothing—like her family, present or future—away from her. She would have love, and friendship, and family—an enviable human future. But she chooses Edward over all of this. This makes it real for me.

Allow me to quote from Steve Oedekerk’s brilliant Star Wars parody, Thumb Wars:

Loke Groundrunner: “I will go with you and fight!

Oobedoob Benubi: “Oh, big sacrifice; everyone you knew is dead! Glad you could tear yourself away!”  

niecerpiecer

RainyRose329

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:32 am
thank you my point exactly!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:07 am
hehe just trying to prove a point jacob didnt force bella to love him or make her think she does she did but didnt know it  

niecerpiecer

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:16 am
When I said "force" like, a few weeks ago, I just meant he forced her to realize she loved him too. That's all I meant.
And it's a good thing she chose Edward. Otherwise she'd have had her heart broken when Jake finally imprinted (I REALLY want to see who he imprints with! =D). And yeah, it made their bond stronger cause it proved that she would choose Edward over any other guy in the world. So yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:13 pm
o m f g JACOB AND BELLA LOVE EACHOTHER DEAL WITH IT GUYS (AND EDWARD!)

AND GUYS NEWS FLASH! yes it is true at first bella was miserbal without edward BUT when she starts to hang out with jacob she seriously forgot all about edward. (PAY MORE ATTION TOO NEW MOON!!)

people tell me all the time :

with out edward bella is miserable and if you pay too new moon at all you would know this!

BUT GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE WAS untill she's with jacob and forgets about edward but then stupid edwards comes back NOT EVEN GIVING BELLA A CHANCE TO TRY JACOB! just a little longer and it would have happened

i love edward to death but hes too....perfect.... I LOVE JACOB BECAUSE HES SO IMPERRFECT witch to me makes me think that he his perfect. and hes also human unlike stupid edward whos just a monster....a nice monster....and jacob is still a monster and HUMAN!!!

jacob x bella FOREVER!!!!! (LOVE YOU EDWARD!!! ....and jasper *drool*)

AND IM SORRY ABOUT CAPS WHICH IM WRITTING IN RIGHT NOW  

XXXHugThePsychoXXX

Gone with the Wiiiind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:09 pm
Well... I personally had a few issues with Jacob... He was sweet at first, but like... he turned a little obnoxious after a while. That's not to say that I hate Jacob, since I have no special preference between Edward and Jacob, since I had a bitter thing against Edward for what he did in New Moon and what had occurred throughout that book. They each screwed up in their own way.

It is possible to love more than one person. You can't make just one person the center of your universe, or something. It's not like Edward is the only thing in her life, or rather, person. He's just that true love that you can't really experience again. Once you've fallen, you've fallen. And Bella fell, hard. I wouldn't say that Jacob took advantage of the loss during New Moon, though. People would think of that as a "rebound". I just dislike how Jacob approached certain things. =/ He has a rather rash way of getting to Bella sometimes.

But anyways, Jacob probably gave off the impression that he made Bella love him back. Or made her realize it. He didn't really. After all, I even thought that he was forcing her, and got mad at him. Now that I have more time to think about it, I think he just nudged her into that idea a bit too hard. Again, to me, Jacob has this weird blunt and rash way of telling her things. After all, she's with a "soft spoken" vampire who usually keeps the bad away from Bella. Jacob has a bigger mouth, I suppose? Not insulting him, by the by.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:22 pm
They did both screw up.
She loves both of them, but there was a bond between Bella and Edward that everyone (including Jake) knows that they can't live without. It was that one special someone that you can never replace because they are your destiny to be with.
Jake was obnoxious but I never hated him. After all, everything he did he did for love. I applaud him fro trying his hardest. But as for his methods, those were questionable. Sure, he just wanted her to realize that she loved him more, but he pushed too hard and didn't give her time to sort things out on her own. To him, for a time, it seemed as if it was all or nothing for him. That changed, but trying to force her to choose seemed harsh and rash. She may have been unhappy if she chose Jake because we all know that she can't live without Edward, even with Jake by her side.
And I like that Jake has human imperfections. Edward can be too perfect and goody-goody, but he's a perfect gentleman that just wants the girl he loves to be happy. He was willing to back off if she wanted to be with Jake.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

niecerpiecer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:32 am
True Jake shouldnt have made it so hard on Bella but it was his first love and he just didnt want to lose her soo he would do anything to win her heart in the end he knew he was just tearing her apart and let her go. Edward I know he is a gentlemen and "perfect" but also has made mistakes by being too controling but then he knew he was hurting Bella by not letting her see Jake.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:12 am
Yes, and I'm glad he finally let her decide what she wants on her own. But I still want the two of them to be friends. They have been there for each other no matter what and for them to throw that away would be heartbreaking.  

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Eclipse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items