Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
(I've decided.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aubrey of the sliver line

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:08 pm
I've made my decision. I no longer need help.

I've been going out with a friend of mine for 16 days now and lately everytime I'm around her I get a fluttery feeling in my stomach, It feels hard to breathe and I get really lightheaded everytime we kiss. I told another friend about it and she said I might be in love with her and that I should tell Jessica how I feel. But I've tried and the words always get caught in my throat when I try saying them I don't know whats wrong. Part of me believes it's because I'm afraid she won't feel quite the same way and another part feels I shouldn't rush and say it after only 11 days. So you guys please help me. I'm at the end of my rope....Most my friends think I should tell her.

Here's a sort of background of information an Ex girlfriend of mine who happens to talk to Jessica alot found out.

-Jessica has wanted to go out with me for a long time. Like since before I even knew who she was.
-She feels that way because my Ex did and still harps on about how sweet, kind, and warm hearted I am once you get past my walls.
-My ex(whose name is Holley) Says that Jessica has always gotten Super Defensive anytime Holley tries to say how nice I am. She almost knocked Holley out one day for smacking my a** as a joke saying I was hers because she saw me first.

Now I don't know if that was Jealousy out of she likes me or if she just doesn't like having people cliam whats hers. But Jessica really doesn't seem like the type of person to be interested in the latter, then again people don't see me as a jealous person but I still have scars on my palms where my nails cut into them becasue Jessica was wearing this kid Iran's jacket.

Our friend Holley just sent me a copy of a letter Jessica sent her (Holley lives in Ct and we live in Tx) And the letter said "I think I might love Micheal." So I'm kinda thinking I should tell her soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:28 pm
Well maybe you might be in love.
But I would make sure she felt the same way too.
But the thing is you're probably nervous about telling her because in the deepest part of your mind, you're afraid she might not feel the same way. But that's a natural feeling.
Are you more comfortable writing? you could always wrrite it down and have her read it.  

Sprockette

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:05 am
I'd much rather be able to tell her to her face than have her read it off some paper.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:10 pm
Understandable. mrgreen  

Sprockette

Jaykay Jellybean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:40 pm
If you have only been going out for two weeks, do not tell her you love her. Not only will it freak her out because you've made up your mind about this so quickly, but you might not feel like this after a while. It's more likely that you like her a whole lot. Wait a little while, make sure you still treat her the same and make sure she knows you care about her. If about a month from now you still feel the same way, tell her. If you do end up telling her that you love her, tell her to her face. It's not as sincere when it's written, texted, or told through the phone.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:22 pm
I hate to say, but after 11 days of dating, I'm pretty sure saying that you love someone, after so little time, will be perceived not only as creepy, but make you look like an idiot.

Now if y'all stay together for like a year. Then talk about love. c.c;  

TearyGaze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:45 pm
I've known her for like ever. And I've always had these sort of feelings but now that we're in an intimate relationship instead of just friends my feelings are more apparent.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:18 pm
ok, let's do this in order...

--aubrey::"I'd much rather be able to tell her to her face than have her read it off some paper."

nicely said. i totally agree. i'd rather do 'confrontations' or what have you over any other platonic/aesthetic communication ( hate specially when people try to online-volley argue). seeing each other's reactions validates unsaid emotions, hence, establishing better judgment. zebra and gaze are right. wait a while for your emotions to mature. when you say your i love you's, it has to be meant. many people out there just throw it around coz they feel a strong emotion they confuse w/ love..or they feel like they have to say it when in an intimate relationship. using it w/ little discretion lessens the value of that admittance, you know? it's like calling everyone your bestfriend- how many 'bestfriends are there? (i only point it out coz it actually happened to me). i admit, though, sometimes love doesn't need a given time. it's really up to you to know what love is. you could fall inlove for the first time and know it's real. or, get into several trial ones to know the real thing. but you alone know how you feel.

--gaze:: "I hate to say, but after 11 days of dating, I'm pretty sure saying that you love someone, after so little time, will be perceived not only as creepy, but make you look like an idiot.

Now if y'all stay together for like a year. Then talk about love. c.c;"

yea, that'll weird out the girl by saying it too soon. she'll either say it back coz she feels it's normal to do it or she'll be creeped out by your..ahm..confused candor? like i said, time doesn't matter in certain instances. i've seen couples where a year doesn't do much feelings-wise, but stay together for security reasons. but gaze has a point...if it's been long enough that you've been together and you haven't changed in feelings...then.....  

daggblu4

c a n d y w o l f

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:11 am
ive had that feeling before, id hold off telling her for a while. she'd be flattered if you told her but it might make your relationship veeeery difficult if she didnt feel the same. wait for the right time...when your sure she feels the same, when she has a certain look in her eyes as she's looking into yours, thats when you'll know <3
its the best feeling in the world.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:09 pm
just try to be yourself. if you really like this girl then you should tell her the truth/  

The Coffee Destroyer

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff