Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
omega

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sepharian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:10 am
ok im just wondering has any1 got tips for the omega weapon (except the end trick )because he is the only boss i havent beaten in ff8 and ive got all ultimate weapon s  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:29 pm
bump  

Sepharian

Uber Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:45 am
i got this hint from someone else.
-Get Eden to 75-100 and put it on Rinoa at 100% compatibility
-make sure you have someone who can heal and cast aura.
-refine one of the highest cards into the invincible potion (holy war i think) and use it after aura is cast on everyone.
-make sure squall can use Lionheart

Use the Eden, and Squall combination to fight Omega, whilst the other person casts aura and invincible potion  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:45 pm
Did it work?  

Uber Aries

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm
The card you're talking about is Gilgamesh, it refines into 10 holy wars, which make the whole party invulnerable for a pretty good amount of time. Here's what I would do, and did...

-Make sure you have your parties speed and strength as high as possible(as in junction what ever you need to to raise them above all else) Cast Aura on Squall and a second person (I suggest Rinoa, Zell, or Irvine as long as they can do multiple hits... I used Rinoa for Wishing Star) BEFORE you use the holy war and have them limit break through out the whole battle.
-Give your 3rd person Eden and make sure they have a full 1000 on the compatibility with Eden. If you need to, refine the Chubby Choco card to recieve 99 Luvluv G's From there I'd just use them on all 3 of the people you'll be using for the fight.
-In the fight, just spam your limit breaks, make sure to keep your holy wars up, and fire off eden. I like to enter with Squall and Rinoa also on low health so when Aura wears off they can still do limit breaks.

Yeah... I think those are all the pointers I can give you. Good Luck  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 pm
Something for those who like to go past the limit is this: 1) Have your characters as low leveled as possible (mine were at nine or below I think). 2) Fight Omega.
This is an insanely hard fight, even with Omega at the lowest level you can possibly get him. However, if you happen to be good at cards like I am, then you can refine cards until you have 100 Ultima on each character, plus a slew of other magics that are necessary for this fight. Doing this can allow you to get the Lionheart which is all you really need to completely beat the living hell out of Omega (hurray for limit spamming!).  

Tuanta Quiro Miancay

lXAlphaOmegaXl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:31 pm
how do you beat the first 2 disk with everyone at lvl 9  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:38 pm
You can use the card and Devour abilities to only gain AP from fights, and not exp so you can still level your GFs abilities but not level your characters. Since bosses don't give exp you can go through the pretty much the entire game without leveling at all.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Tuanta Quiro Miancay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 pm
Using the Card and Devour abilities keeps you from gaining experience, just as Maluc said. Couple that with FFVIII's unique leveling system which makes monsters level as you do, and it is easy to beat the game at level ten.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games