i think im a pyromanic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXxToxic_PixixXx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:25 pm
newtypephynix
okay. I'll be honest. Pyromania isn't something you just have, You have it all your life until it is treated and surpassed, REAL pyromania would have you burning your house down at like 4.

You like fire, that is one thing. The inability to go an hour without the feel of a lighter in your pocket, even if you don't need it or smoke, is a factor of pyromania.

Pyromaniacs can't just be 'pyro' sometimes. it is 24/7 and a serious mental condition. I suggest using the internet to look up lists of symptoms, then speaking to a school counselor, showing them the source you used and asking for help.

Most people are pitiful enough to self diagnose themselves with it as an excuse.

I have a friend who is a pyromaniac. He cannot go an hour without the sight of fire, otherwise he has an anxiety attack of varying seriousness.

to those who go 'yay fire' you are just a bunch of oddballs. I myself like fire, I am an oddball.

Please refrain from pretended to have pyromania, it really is about fifty times as serious as most think. If your psychologist says you have it, go for a second opinion with a separate psychiatrist, it is usually required for a true pyromaniac to be under extensive care.

4? try 2.

and i can't go 2 seconds with out A) feeling a lighter, B) seeing a lighter C) feeling the heat of fire, and D) burning something.
and since i posted this, i was in and out of a mental place...
very easy to get through the five levels.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:52 pm
ok ok....that is total bull.

look, I don't mean to be disrespectful, But I highly doubt any two year old has the skills and necessary thumb strength to properly operate a lighter, or matches, or reach a darn stove top to light something else, And while I am sure you have some odd story, don't bore me with the details, I think I am done with this topic.

and before you argue with the disbelief of mine, My aunt works a daycare, she read your post over my shoulder, she has never, in 20 years, met a two year old that can get more than sparks out of a lighter, or match.

Maybe you should have stayed in the clinic, no offense, but pyromania would make it hard to get through life seamlessly, there are those who might control it, and I congratulate and respect them, but if you are fresh from a clinic you obviously can't.

You should get treated and stop playing stupid over an online game, if you didn't know you were a pyromaniac after apparently doing what you said, then you are either quite thick headed, or wasting the good peoples time.

Don't bother trash talking, I am sure I wont bother with this any longer. I feel sorta sorry for those who do.

At least people like simsboarder seem to control themselves enough to render themselves and others safe, maybe you should move to the countryside haru_sohmas_girl  

newtypephynix

DvnT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:24 am
newtypephynix
ok ok....that is total bull.

look, I don't mean to be disrespectful, But I highly doubt any two year old has the skills and necessary thumb strength to properly operate a lighter, or matches, or reach a darn stove top to light something else, And while I am sure you have some odd story, don't bore me with the details, I think I am done with this topic.

and before you argue with the disbelief of mine, My aunt works a daycare, she read your post over my shoulder, she has never, in 20 years, met a two year old that can get more than sparks out of a lighter, or match.

Maybe you should have stayed in the clinic, no offense, but pyromania would make it hard to get through life seamlessly, there are those who might control it, and I congratulate and respect them, but if you are fresh from a clinic you obviously can't.

You should get treated and stop playing stupid over an online game, if you didn't know you were a pyromaniac after apparently doing what you said, then you are either quite thick headed, or wasting the good peoples time.

Don't bother trash talking, I am sure I wont bother with this any longer. I feel sorta sorry for those who do.

At least people like simsboarder seem to control themselves enough to render themselves and others safe, maybe you should move to the countryside haru_sohmas_girl

nice closer!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:28 pm
hi hi hi hi hi  

DragonKiller10293

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:31 pm

DragonKiller10293

SURFS UP  
User Image
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:25 pm
"Pyromania

SYMPTOMS:

Deliberate and purposeful fire setting on more than one occasion.
Tension or affective arousal before the act.

Fascination with, interest in, curiosity about, or attraction to fire and its situational contexts (e.g., paraphernalia, uses, consequences).

Pleasure, gratification, or relief when setting fires, or when witnessing or participating in their aftermath.

The fire setting is not done for monetary gain, as an expression of sociopolitical ideology, to conceal criminal activity, to express anger or vengeance, to improve one's living circumstances, in response to a delusion or hallucination, or as a result of impaired judgment (e.g., in dementia, Mental Retardation, Substance Intoxication)."

That came from an actual medical dictionary.

Please see newtypephynix's reply to your post.

Nariko914

Naitomosu

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:56 pm
Hmmm... I am fasinated by fire but not pyro.

Agrees with  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces