Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Relationships.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Machine Deity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:53 pm
So I was wondering, my sweet, sweet peons...

I MEAN FRIENDS!

How is your relationship with the other gender?
Is it there, a spark, waiting to be turned into a flame?
Or smouldering ash?
Is it a flame that grows of ever intensity?

Discuss relationship problems here please.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:22 pm
My best friend told me she loved me. And then moved to another state. I had no idea how to respond without ruining a six year friendship. So I dodged around it like an idiot and of course she got the message (after a few months). Not a moment to soon I was starting to wonder if you could break up with a person you weren't dating. Now it's a strained friendship as she hasn't quite given up. Any advice out there?  

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

Phaerzod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:37 pm
Continue to let her know as nicely as possible that you want to remain friends and nothing more?
Frankly I'm kinda envious. At least someone likes you. I have a massive crush on a totally perfect, unacheivable person who's way to flawless to ever return my feelings, and while it's not cliched enough that they don't know I exist, they know, but don't particularly care.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:40 am
I'm a nerdslut; smart, well spoken guys like me because I too am smart and well spoken [and a little sexy]  

Silver and Silence

Little Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:09 pm
Where oh where do I start? Let's start with the ex, I say "the" because there is only one.

First of all, the ex gave me a promise ring and then turned around a few months later and started dating a girl, which I had no issues with until.... twisted A few months later he came back down from where he was living at the time, made out with me during Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, returned to where he lived, and about a week later I get a phone call from HIS phone with a girl on the other line and she told me to stay the hell away from her bf. Well idiot that I am, I gave him another shot. Well he came back down and we saw each other for two weeks before he returned to where his crawl space was, only to break up with me two months later. Finally he moved back and actually thought I would give him another shot... which I was tempted to do so, just not the shot you are thinking *loads gun* 4laugh twisted All this, btw, was after about 12 yrs of friendship and him apparently liking me for 5 yrs. Btw, we are still friends...sorta...sometimes its questionable. Like right now.

Secondly... we shall go with men in general. Old guys look at me no matter how much I try to disguise my figure...not that I have much of one to speak of. I also have a history with sexual predators...why I have no clue. The only reason I can think of is because I seem like an easy target...seem being the keyword. Then there is the fact that all guys CAN'T MAKE UP THEIR FRICKIN' MINDS.

Third...well we won't get into that. We shall put under the guys can't make up their minds...its easy that way.

The bottom line of all this is that I basically hate the male species on some days...well more like hate people in general everyday. But Miyavi always makes me happy xd 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:57 pm
Boys are stupid and girls are confusing. That is what high school has taught me. And I already knew that mankind in general pretty much sucks. Is there a special ed program for the socially retarded? Cause that's where I definately fall.  

Phaerzod

TheHellDevil

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:37 am
Little Nightmare, a very close friend of mine seems to have similar problems re: the sexual predators. Because she's the only friend I know who seems to give off "that vibe", I haven't figured out a pattern or reason why people feel she's an easy target. I do suspect it has to do with her personality partially. She's smart, soft-spoken, extremely caring (she's a social worker), has very delicate movements, and tends to be more reserved in her dress. Right now, she's dating a guy who's constantly pressuring her for sex. She refuses to introduce me to him (for obvious reasons evil ).

In your case, I'd probably set up very strict rules on how to interact with The Ex, Little Nightmare. Keep at it for a while and he should be able to get the hint that you're only going to remain friends, nothing further.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:11 am
Well, I've never been in a relationship because I always turn down the guys that ask me out (I never like any of them even remotely...) but I do really like this one guy.

So here's the problem: He's my best guy friend, bgf, totally off limits if I want to stay friends with him. I've known him since I was, like, three and just a few months ago I really looked at him and I'm like "Wow, this guy's really cool and he doesn't look half bad, either!" So now I really like him and I hang out with him more and he seems to like hanging out with me, but I'm pretty sure it's just because we're friends. Sometimes I think he likes me back, other times I think he just wants to be friends.

I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out if he likes me or not, even if I wouldn't have the guts to ask him out.

Skittles_1137

O d d Z o m b i e

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:05 pm
I've only been in 2 relationships. The first is a long
story over many years and the 2nd lasted less
than a month. Apparently I'm weird and clingy?
I saw my 2nd boyfriend only 3 times
during the almost-month that we were dating and
he broke up with me because I was weird and
clingy. How can you be clingy if you see
someone barely a handful of times? I didn't
act clingy either; in fact it was kind of a weird relationship
so I was the complete opposite of clingy. And
he didn't even tell me this to my face, he told my
best friend this and just told me that we were
'moving too fast' and he was only thinking with
his pants when he asked me out. I've decided that
the age old tale of boys have cooties remains
true and should be respected, stay away from boys.
They only cause trouble. ;P

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games