Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I'm not sure if I want to be more than just friends.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:06 pm
I have had a crush on one of my best friends for a very long time, but I've never told her about it. I've been struggling, trying to decide if I should tell her or not. I'll give you the two sides that have been arguing inside my head.

*We have a lot in common and we really enjoy each other's company. I think we would be a really good couple.

*She's my friend. I enjoy feeling comfortable around her. I'm afraid that if I tell her we'll lose that comfort. If she says yes, we might lose the playfullness I enjoy. If she says no, it might create a very ackward situation.

I need to see what other people say. Right now my decision is that I'm going to wait until I'm out of school before I make any relationship decisions. However, it seems we are growing farther apart each day. I used to see her just about every week. Now that we're both busy with other things, I haven't seen her in a couple of months. To be honest, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet. I'm quite happy with being single, but I get lonely because I'm not very social.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:53 pm
I cant help much but this is what i think.
When you feel ready for a relationship you should tell her, because rushing into things will make matters worse. if you decide asking her make sure you will be able to do these two things. 1. let her know that if she doesn't want to be in a relationship with you you guys will still remain friends. because she might be afraid to say no for fear of ending the friendship. and that would make things awkward for her if you don't let her know. 2. don't take anything for granted, convince yourself that if she says no its ok because if you don't get the answer you wish and you walk away from her or get really depressed it will make her feel bad, and yes things would be very awkward. i wish you all the luck in the world!^_^  

Anabethe

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:07 am
If you're willing to wait then you can't say that you want to be with this person 100%... As you said you're unsure but... Would you rather lose everything because you never said anything or just lose a couple of things like the comfort or the playfulness... You pick...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:10 am
if she is one of your best friends and you take it to the next level, it will change the very nature of your relationship. keep that in mind. that, I think is the most important thing. once you change the relationship, theres no going back. should something happen where you guys break up there will be too much bs in the way for you to return to being best friends.

so it really boils down to how much you're willing to risk.  

Calypsophia

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:03 pm
I thank everyone for their help. My decision is that I won't tell her. Although it is possible that it could turn out great, I'm not ready for a relationship. Also, she's one of my best friends. I don't think I'm willing to sacrifice our friendship for a possible relationship. I don't know what I'd do without her.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games