Submit

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:47 am
Sorry I have not been very active of late - it's been a busy few weeks.

First off someone crashed into my car - I was shocked and shaken but otherwise o.k., but my poor old car was very beaten up.

Then my TV blew up - actually blew up, with sparks and a big bang!!

Work has been mad, with long hours - out the house at 6.45am, back home at 9.30pm.

And of course it's CHRISTMAS, which seems to bring a lot of extra stuff to do.

So no time to call my own recently - but I'm back, for today at least!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:27 am
eek WOW. First I'm glad you are okay after the car accident. Second, it's good to see you back here. mrgreen ANd hopefully your holiday will be a good one.  

CosmicHedgehog

borninthe70s

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:39 am
Sounds like a busy month indeed! We've never met, but I'm happy you're back and that you at least can rest up on Christmas and open up some presents that make you smile. Sounds like you've been working your butt off- you deserve a break! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:05 pm
yeah it's been a bad month here too, first of all glad your ok from the wreck, I had surgery, was off 3 weeks then went back to work 11 hour days, I'm tired! but Merry Christmas everyone  

dreamer45209

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 am
Phew, not just me then!

At least Christmas was a nice break - now it's back to work again!!!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:20 pm
Seems like a lot of people had a hectic and not so much fun December ~ with me it's been my mom not doing so well... and that's carrying on in to this month... blah ~ xp

Hope your new year is better, September, and everyone else's, too. heart  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:48 pm
Yes. Best of luck.

PS. Remember that some people feel that Jan. 21st is the most depressing day of the year, but I don't know why. I've always felt the Holidays were the most depressing.

Myself, I'm feeling a lot better, now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:59 am
Yup, I hope everyone is finding the new year is just getting better and better!

For me, it's not too bad - although the weather has been really awful and we have had a lot of flooding, snow, road closures making my journey to work take three times longer than usual....

I cannot wait for the Spring!

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 pm
Having trouble finding work. I mean a LOT of trouble. More than usual. Normally I can pick something up, but I've had nothing for a few months now. It's one of the reasons I haven't posted much.

It's probably the recession, here in the US.

No, really.

Turns out we've been in a recession for a couple months now.

Not surprising, really. I suspect we've been in one longer than that, what with the mortgage stunts they pulled two years ago and the overspending on real estate speculation during that time period, but it's just gotten bad enough that people noticed.

Not that I'm blaming it all on real estate speculation. Oddly enough, a prolonged war also tends to damage economies (although I'm told that "quick" ones sometimes act as a stimulant... this sounds suspiciously like the economic version of percussive maintenance advice to me.)

Well, I'M mostly out of debt, anyway, after some difficult struggles. We'll see what horrors the rest of the year brings. Feh.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:20 am
Gods, still in debt myself.

Was about to look for a job, but now having to deal with another round of physical therapy for an arm injury...bleah....

Hopefully it will work out in the end.  

Mellissandria

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 pm
Good luck on the job search Harbone

And hopefully the therapy works out, Mellisandria

Me, tis hoping they'll figure out what's wrong with me mum and get her back on her feet soon. She seems to have become resigned to her fate ~ no fight left - not a good thing at all.

Anywho - hopefully things will work out for us geezers - *hands out drinks round the thread*  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games