Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
[Suggestions:What would you like to see happen around here] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:01 pm
Could we have other contest, like Potter quizes, with fan art or item give aways as prizes?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:40 pm
I got the okay from Sirius.
I am going to try and put
together a Valentines Day
event.  

Madam Hare

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:09 pm
Captain here, I would like to throw in my two cents to everything that has been said, as well as apologize for my own abscense lately. I've been having some personal issues since Mid-November that have made it hard for me to be active.

So, let's start out.

Pretty Pink Depression: I'm not sure I understand where I get the "eleven threads" count. I mean, we have so many threads through out all of our subforums. Could you please elaborate? I also fail to see what's unclear about the forum rules. Once more this requires elaboration. I, for one, feel that we are pretty clear. Nor have we ever given our members any reason to fear us if they put something in the wrong subforum, it's really not hard to move it. Nevertheless, I'd be more then willing to hear more on this.

LilMeady: Unfortunately Active Mods are about as easy to get as Active Members. Currently we have three mods. And unfortunately we all have lives that are rather hectic. Other applicants for the mod positions have been lacking in certain areas--the few that we have gotten.

I would also like to say something to both about you about your sticky/thread ideas. We have had a beta sticky before--it failed spectacularly. While I don't mind a thread in the Fanworks section for it, at this time, I'd rather it not be a sticky. Too many stickies in the various subforums makes it hard for conversations to get started. Both of your ideas, for betas and plotbunnies would make excellent threads--but unless they amass enough attention, I do not approve of the idea of them being stickies.

I would like to remind everybody calling for more activity through out the guild that this is an issue that the mods have been dealing with since the start of this guild. The mods cannot force people to post. And it takes a lot to do events and contests, we don't have the manpower to do those constantly like other guilds do. It is up to members to post and spark insightful discussions, not the mods.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:16 pm
Sirius Black-Snuffles

Pretty Pink Depression: I'm not sure I understand where I get the "eleven threads" count. I mean, we have so many threads through out all of our subforums. Could you please elaborate? I also fail to see what's unclear about the forum rules. Once more this requires elaboration. I, for one, feel that we are pretty clear. Nor have we ever given our members any reason to fear us if they put something in the wrong subforum, it's really not hard to move it. Nevertheless, I'd be more then willing to hear more on this.

I counted eleven in the MAIN forum, not in the subforums.

As for the rest, those issues have already been worked out. I thought that since everyone was so fearful of posting in the wrong forum that it was because of the rules; I was mistaken. I didn't go back a READ the rules before I posted that. I didn't even consider the possibility that the people didn't read the rules to clarify what they were posting.

I wasn't in the guild when 'the other beta thread' was here, so I wasn't aware.

Drakie Cakie

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 pm
~Pretty Pink Depression~
Sirius Black-Snuffles

I counted eleven in the MAIN forum, not in the subforums.

As for the rest, those issues have already been worked out. I thought that since everyone was so fearful of posting in the wrong forum that it was because of the rules; I was mistaken. I didn't go back a READ the rules before I posted that. I didn't even consider the possibility that the people didn't read the rules to clarify what they were posting.

I wasn't in the guild when 'the other beta thread' was here, so I wasn't aware.

What more could we want in the main forum? I know a few guilds where the main forum is for the crew to post announcements, rules, and the likes, and no conversation at all. We haven't made the main forum just for that, but there's not much else than what we already have up, as everything else can go into a subforum.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:06 am
The picture on the front....it's off photobucket now...just lettin you know.
But I agree with you. The members need to be active- that's our job. I know I'm not perfect and I haven't really been active, but I think we've mostly ran out of things to say. The guild is most active around movie/book time...but there's only three more movies and no more real books as far as we know. Plus movie time comes once a year. We don't really have anything to talk about anymore. I don't know how to fix this problem, but I did want to put in my two scence of what I think is going on....
Look at this, for instance...no one has posted in this since February, and here I am, responding in August.  

Pearls of Dimond

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 am
Fanfic contest? Fan art contest? Something to keep up activity. Maybe an RP forum?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:46 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Fanfic contest? Fan art contest? Something to keep up activity. Maybe an RP forum?

We do have a forum for games, contests and RPGs. Why not try starting an RP in there?

As far as contests go, unless we can see a marked improvement in member activity and the mods (including myself) can kind of kick it back into gear...it almost seems a waste.

Thanks for your ideas though!

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

EnchantedLuck

Unbeatable Lover

7,450 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:14 pm
My suggestion is to be a little clearer. I have a feeling Roleplays are in RPG, but I'm not completely clear if they go there. I'd like to start a roleplay.

Plus I saw this wonderful idea in the Harry Potter Forums that I hail the creator for: Potter Book.

So basically it's like you post comments like

Quote:
James Sirius Potter watching movies with my little bro! Sadly

Albus Potter > Scorpius Malfoy :Heart:

I think it would be neat to see one of these start up in this guild and after playing the game in the forums I think it would contribute to a lot of posts.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff