Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Alfred Hitchcock

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is he the master of thrillers?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe but who cares?
View Results

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 pm
What is your favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie... there are so many to choose from but personally mine is "Vertigo". I found this movie simply terrifying because it takes obsession... something we all do... no matter who you are, and raises it to an eerie level. The thing i found scary about it is how much you can actually feel like that could be you... having your life consumed by this allusion that you have been obsessing over. And wouldn't don't we all have that perfect thing that we want to control and shape... even if we don't act on it... its still there. Anyway, tell me what are your favorite Alfred Hitchcock movies and if you have anything to say about "Vertigo" that would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:27 am
Wow i am quite surprised that no one has anything to say about Hitchcock... but then again he is old and their arnt too many old movies talked about on here... i bet if there was a Citizen Kane topic no one would post in it either hahaha.  

Misfit_the

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 pm
the birds would have to be my all time favorite, i still want to see vertigo.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:54 pm
don't watch a lot of older movies unless someone points them out or lets me borrow it.  

rocksteadyandbebop

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 pm
rocksteadyandbebop
the birds would have to be my all time favorite, i still want to see vertigo.

The Birds was one of those movies that had no point... no real storyline... no ending and leaves you saying WTF... but hahaha somehow Hitchcock still makes you say wow thats was a pretty good movie hahaha.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 pm
I liked " The 3 faces of Eve" though unfortunately it been a few years since I've even seen it. I'm kinda suprise horror fans haven't mentioned Psycho

Amoriel

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 pm
Amoriel
I liked " The 3 faces of Eve" though unfortunately it been a few years since I've even seen it. I'm kinda suprise horror fans haven't mentioned Psycho

Psycho's good but I found Vertigo more terrifying. Psycho does have the quote "Perfect Scene" in it... and it is the original slasher film... I havent seen "The 3 Faces of Eve" yet but I will try to find it... although Hitchcock is hard to find these days.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:31 pm
My all-time fave Hitchcock is Psycho, hands down. Rear Window comes in at a close second. For the time, he was a deffinitely terrifying director. I still find those two films to be a bit edgy, enough so for Rear Window to even be given it's pop redoing. Psycho is just amazing. I mean honestly, it's just that. It's one of my favorite films. I watch it anytime it's on and just drop what I'm doing. I've seen it at least five times, and every time it keeps my attention, which is hard for any film to do.  

Tatty-Bye

Saint-Gaudens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:33 pm

As has been mentioned already, "Vertigo" and "Rear Window" are two favorites of mine. It is no coincidence that Jimmy Stewart starred in
these two of Hitchcock's best. Stewart is my favorite actor of all time.

Another of my favorites is "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with, guess who, Jimmy Stewart.

Another favorite is "North By Northwest with Cary Grant. Great Movie.

~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:09 pm
My top five Hitchcock films

1)Vertigo(1958****)
User Image

2)The Birds(1963***)
User Image

3)Rear Window(1954****)
User Image

4)Psycho(1960****)
User Image

5)Rebecca(1940****)