Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Is there such thing as a worse movie from a book?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Du Freohr Skulblaka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 am
ERAGON!!!
Oh em efing gee!

This is the very worst movie ever created from a book. I think the author should be disgusted with this movie. The directors strayed so far from the plot it isnt funny. They're probably going to make Eldest as well, which will be even further from the plot because of the plots MISSING in Eragon. If you ever get the chance to read the books DO NOT HESITATE!!! This almost wrecked the franchise for me. I had to walk out of the cinema it was that bad.

I'm sorry, I just hate it. So. Much.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:00 am
Haven't read the books, nor have I seen the film. The fact that it was written by a 16 year old puts me off a little bit from the books.

Another awful book-to-film adaptation has to be The Golden Compass. The book, which was powerful, deep and metaphorical, was lost in the special effects and awful acting. Some blame it on the Nicole Kidman curse. I think it's just bad filmmaking.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:26 am
I watched the last ten minutes of Eragon, and I have absolutely no intention of ever watching the rest of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:04 pm
I've never seen it but I didn't want to anyway..doesn't interest me sweatdrop

Queen of the Damned was pretty bad considering I'm a fan of Anne Rice books...Interview with the VAmpire was good, but Queen of the Damned was a let down...  

Shadow__Dweller

EmilyScissorhands

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:45 pm
When I think bad movie adaptions, two examples come to mind:

Queen of the Damned. It was like one big, annoying MTV music video. Loved Interview with the Vampire; HATED Queen of the Damned.

Blood and Chocolate. This movie didn't even resemble the book it was based on. The villain in the book was the main character's aunt in the film. It's like they took the plot of the book, chopped it into tiny bits, threw it on the ground, then kicked it a few times for good measure. Ugh.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:52 pm
i forgot about 'queen of the damned'. that movie had most of my favorite actors in it so i was all for the movie, but when i watched it it became this huge let down. the book was good but the movie was horriable. the worst part was the makeup and the costumes. it looked horriable. the vampire and who played armand? that was a let down right there.

the only thing that saved this movie was Aaliyah and unfortunatly she is no longer with us but her dance scene was awsome then she started killing people and that was great!  

rocksteadyandbebop

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:07 am
I think that most of the time books are better than the movies made from them. The better question would be if there are any movies that are better than the book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:28 am
I want to say the movie for "A Clockwork Orange" is better than the book, but it's really hard to say. Both have their merits.

The movie and the book for "To Kill A Mockingbird" are both really great. Of course, the book is better, but i've yet to see a more faithful adaptation.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm
The Da Vinci Code wasnt as good as i would have liked.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games