No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I need some help or something...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bare with me because this is long and I am sorry for that. I give out free cookies for you all though!
  Woot! Free cookies!
  This is too long and I am not reading it. Poll Whore.
  I'm sorry.
View Results

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:00 pm
Man, oh man... where do I even start. cry

Next month I will be turning 22 years young. Yey! I know right? Well, it could have been a happy birthday but unfortunatly my life has this wonderful cycle of sucking hardcore style at what is suppose to be the best days of my life. Here is the story... or whatever you want to call it.

When I was 16 years old I made friends with a bunch of people online, I've met a few of them in real life over the years but only a few of them have stuck around. At 16 I met this great guy named Chris from New Mexico who my family and parents really like. When I was 18 and he was 19 Chris came up to visit me here in Minnesota. He gets along good with my family and such when he came up for a visit.

At the end of his time up here for a week, at the very last second I made the choice to leave home and go down to New Mexico. Now, it was only suppose to be for two weeks... but I ended up staying for almost two years. I stayed because I fell really hard for Chris, and apparently he did for me as well. We got our own place, even bought a little black short hair cat and named him Dirt-Rat. Life was good down there for the most part, but I missed my family and I went home while Chris stayed in New Mexico.

He always thought we broke up when I left New Mexico, but I never felt that way. I still wanted to be with him... I just wanted to be closer to my family. When I moved back up here, my mom actually ended up breaking a lot of ribs. She has always had a bad drinking problem, but because she refused to goto the hospital she drank more. ( Eventually sending her to the ICU for a month and almost dying. Another Story for a differnt post. So, it was a good thing I came home right?? ) I took care of the house work and my siblings while my mom rested up and my dad worked his a** off everynight to try and support the three kids. I worked with my dad and faithfully called Chris every single night to see how he was doing.

I remember one night trying to get ahold of Chris but he never answered. I ended up getting a text message from him saying he was in the hospital and couldn't talk right now. His mom called me a bit later and told me that he was at a party and his heart stopped. First thought everyone say it with me: Drugs! Well, he claimed he did not do any, but I know his history... and those people he hangs out with but if he did or did not I will never know. I am just glad he is okay, because my life again was going okay and then it went to s**t when he was in the hospital. Cycle of my life... you'll catch on. I promise.

Eventually Chris made his way up here and we've had three crazy years up here... or was it four. I lose count. Anyways, after all of the apartment moves, the five cars here and there, the many... many... nights staying up talking, two cats later, and a huge fight we've come to a point in our relationship where it is time to take a break. No matter what it is, we seem to fight about it just because... there isn't really a reason and we don't just start it for the fun of it. The fight just happens.

We made the choice to take a break from each other so that we could think about our relationship and what we'd like to happen, or not happen for that matter. We both say that we love each other very much, but we are just sick of being around each other. So, on Friday I headed down here to Wisconsin where I am staying with a friend while Chris stays at our place.

Here comes all the fun stuff! stare

The first day I was gone he went out and partied with friends. Now, I know I didn't mention this but he can't drink because he has Ulcerative Colitis. The second day I found out he stole a 90 dollar camera and a 30 memory card for the camera. Today I found out that he is "... glad I went because he likes having the place to himself..."

Humm... and here I was crying to my best friend about how I missed him and I was upset about losing him. I guess my problem is I am afraid to be alone... maybe that is it. I don't know. I honestly, have never truly been out on my own. Never really lived alone and I am going to have to start all over. I quit my job about a year ago because of some very personal reasons and I have not been able to get a job since. So, I have no money to my name at all. I do not even have a bank account anymore because that was closed due to not enough funds in the account. So many things were right about our relationship, and many things were wrong as well.

I don't know if we are together or not. I am scared to know if we are not... I am terrified to "start over" because that is pretty much what I will be doing if we do break up. After being with someone for so long... how do you pick yourself up and say you're worth more and you'll be okay? How do you start everything over? How do you even begin to know if it really is time to break up... or if it is just time to get your own place perhaps? How do you split everything up that you've bought with someone for three or more years? Where do you start, and when does it end? So many questions are running in my head right now but nobody can really help me.

I honestly feel I've wasted 120+ dollars in gas to come down to my friends place to get away because there really isn't anyone here helping me. I mean, my friend just went threw the same thing and is the one that offered for me to come stay down here... but now will not talk about it. So... what do I do... I hop on Gaia in the hopes that you guys and girls will help me make it through this one.

I rarely ever post anything about my life up... but I don't know where else to turn right now. My family is all busted up and hates each other, my best friend/love of my life who I normaly share everything with... well... wants to call it quits or it seems like it and well my friend down here... won't talk at all. I feel like I am a constant reminder of the pain he went through.

Ugh... what do I do? Where do I start? Can I stop rambling now? Geebus...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 am

_-♥-_

It is his choice... yes? I know you care and all, but it was his choice to do those things. It was his choice to drink, do drugs, steal things or whatnots. It's his choice.

Don't be too selfless to feel that you are responsible for all this. You're on a cooling-off period. You might as well focus yourself to your other concerns other than him.

You love him, I understand. But the fact of the matter is, he's in love with his vices at the moment. There's nothing we can do but to leave him be.

_-♥-_

Pheromone_21101

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:16 am
ok, I dont really have a lot of time (that was a long post) and I gotta get ready for work. but in short, it sounds like since moving to Wisconsin you already have the first few steps behind you in 'starting over'. there is no answer to 'how' you do everything you asked how to do.. you just do it.

I separated from my husband of 6 years (at the time) having met him on line and being physically with him for 10 years (I was from NY he was from TN, and I moved to TN to be with him). it was very hard deciding with him what he should take and what I wanted to stay (he was the one who left), but we did it. the point is, you just *do* it.

on a happier note, we did get back together and are together now. so even if you 'start over' you never know what can happen in the future.

feel free to PM me if you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:03 am
I think you will have to sit and talk to him sooner or later. Because you can't keep hiding from the truth. The sooner you know the faster you could get your life together. I think about the splitting everything you guys could work that out. if you guys don't want to be together anymore. Starting all over does suck but its not impossible. and it will take a long long long time to get back to where you were in the first place, but you could do it!. I honestly don't have experience with relationships or moving out. (I'm too afraid to live by myself). but i hope that i was able to help in some way.. sweatdrop  

Anabethe

shani26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:03 am
In order for you too to get back together you to need to see that you could live apart. You too seem to depend on each other too much.
Your job is to keep him out of trouble like stealing and drinking and doing drugs.
His job is to help you with money.
So if you too want to get back together you need to remember how to be able to be a part.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:24 pm
Pheromone_21101

_-♥-_

It is his choice... yes? I know you care and all, but it was his choice to do those things. It was his choice to drink, do drugs, steal things or whatnots. It's his choice.

Don't be too selfless to feel that you are responsible for all this. You're on a cooling-off period. You might as well focus yourself to your other concerns other than him.

You love him, I understand. But the fact of the matter is, he's in love with his vices at the moment. There's nothing we can do but to leave him be.

_-♥-_

Oh won't you take me to...

I suppose you are right, all of that was his choice. Even if I did try to stop him, in the end it was his choice to do what he did. You are right. I should start to focus on myself since we're in this cooling off period. Thank you for your bit of advice and help.

... Funky Town!

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:26 pm
Calypsophia
ok, I dont really have a lot of time (that was a long post) and I gotta get ready for work. but in short, it sounds like since moving to Wisconsin you already have the first few steps behind you in 'starting over'. there is no answer to 'how' you do everything you asked how to do.. you just do it.

I separated from my husband of 6 years (at the time) having met him on line and being physically with him for 10 years (I was from NY he was from TN, and I moved to TN to be with him). it was very hard deciding with him what he should take and what I wanted to stay (he was the one who left), but we did it. the point is, you just *do* it.

on a happier note, we did get back together and are together now. so even if you 'start over' you never know what can happen in the future.

feel free to PM me if you want.

Ay! I know this was a long post! I'm sorry for that. Thank you for taking a bit of time to read it though. I guess that does make sense... I can't really sit and pout about how to do it, I just need to do it. Also, that is good to know you guys got back together. That makes for happy smiles.

... Funky Town!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:40 pm
meleny7
I think you will have to sit and talk to him sooner or later. Because you can't keep hiding from the truth. The sooner you know the faster you could get your life together. I think about the splitting everything you guys could work that out. if you guys don't want to be together anymore. Starting all over does suck but its not impossible. and it will take a long long long time to get back to where you were in the first place, but you could do it!. I honestly don't have experience with relationships or moving out. (I'm too afraid to live by myself). but i hope that i was able to help in some way.. sweatdrop

I am afraid to be alone as well, but like you said starting over does suck but it isn't impossible. I have come to realize this over the last few days. You are correct though, I felt as if I was running away from my problems by moving so, I have come back for a few days to talk to him about what is going on. So, we've been hashing things out and trying to get everything out without hiding too much.

... Funky Town!

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:41 pm
shani26
In order for you too to get back together you to need to see that you could live apart. You too seem to depend on each other too much.
Your job is to keep him out of trouble like stealing and drinking and doing drugs.
His job is to help you with money.
So if you too want to get back together you need to remember how to be able to be a part.

You are completely right. We've been talking about this.

... Funky Town!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:00 pm
i say that you need time to reset your life, alot like reseting an old computer. stop thinking about relationships right now, first get back on your feet financhaly then go get yourself a good husband who wont steal/do drugs/drink.... the following is easier said then done, i know, but i have two cousins that did this and they are now happily married and planning for a child.

1st step (which youve already done): relize your not getting anywere and you need to do something.

2nd step (you did this one too): think about possible solutions or ask for help.

3rd and hardest step: reset. press the button to start over. you need to go somewere that will help you get back on your feet. friends or family is what i say.

4th step: go get a roof over your head (no matter who's it is) and get a job. then set up a bank account and save save save. then your up and ready to go. get your own house, with your own bank account. and make sure its near your family and friends, that way you dont spend $150+ on gas.

i know it will be hard, but i do know people who've done this. its very humbling but a good life lesson to learn.

hope that helps
~love heart
-dvn  

DvnT

Couture Debonair

7,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:07 pm
dvn -camilla price-
i say that you need time to reset your life, alot like reseting an old computer. stop thinking about relationships right now, first get back on your feet financhaly then go get yourself a good husband who wont steal/do drugs/drink.... the following is easier said then done, i know, but i have two cousins that did this and they are now happily married and planning for a child.

1st step (which youve already done): relize your not getting anywere and you need to do something.

2nd step (you did this one too): think about possible solutions or ask for help.

3rd and hardest step: reset. press the button to start over. you need to go somewere that will help you get back on your feet. friends or family is what i say.

4th step: go get a roof over your head (no matter who's it is) and get a job. then set up a bank account and save save save. then your up and ready to go. get your own house, with your own bank account. and make sure its near your family and friends, that way you dont spend $150+ on gas.

i know it will be hard, but i do know people who've done this. its very humbling but a good life lesson to learn.

hope that helps
~love heart
-dvn

Resetting life is exactly what I am currently working on. Thank you for putting it that way. It helps!

... Funky Town!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:05 am
also, keep in mind that where you are now, you are essentially alone. you might not like it.. and I think that's because of all these conflicting feelings you have going on right now, but scared to be or not, you are and you are doing it. that's gotta count for something.  

Calypsophia

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff