I can´t help myself!
View Results

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:26 pm
I´ve been trying to eat really healthy for quite a while now, and if there´s one thing that´s given me the most trouble, it´s the sweets! I also grow tired of thinking that fruit is my only dessert option. xDDD

SparkRecipes has been a really helpful site with finding healthier recipes in general, but I´ve so far enjoyed all of the dessert recipes I´ve tried from the site.

Just make sure that whatever site you get the recipes from include the nutritional information!

I´ve also just discovered the world of Krusteaz. Their muffin/bread loaf mixes are so good! Krusteaz. If you can´t find the nutritional information somewhere online, you can email them and they´ll tell you. heart

Calorie Count is also a VERY useful site!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:38 pm
Guiltless Chocolate Indulgence

Calories: 164.4
Total Fat: 3.7 g
Cholesterol: 3.4 mg
Sodium: 528.5 mg
Total Carbs: 26.2 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 7.4 g

Ingredients:
30 squares Honey Maid Chocolate Graham
crackers
2 pkg (8 oz) fat free cream cheese
3 cups skim milk
3 pkg. (4 serving size) fat free, sugar free
instant chocolate pudding mix
1 tub (8 oz) fat free Cool Whip

Arrange 15 squares on the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. layering edges to fit if necessary. Beat cream cheese with a mixer at high speed until creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup milk until blended. Add remaining milk and pudding mix and beat on low speed for about 5 minutes, until appears to have a satin texture. Gently stir in whipped topping. Mixture may be slightly lumpy - this is OK. Spread half of the pudding mixture evenly over the graham crackers. Top with remaining 15 squares, then the remaining pudding mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours. Cut into 15 squares and top with 2 Tablespoons fat free Cool Whip. Could also add sliced bananas.
Another suggestion by a reader was putting fat free chocolate syrup on top of your serving.  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Mika of the Abyss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:51 pm
mmm Thanks that sounds good, I need recipes that involve almost no flour and no sugar. Making dessert is so hard now  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:17 pm
I just try not to make dessert all together. x_x I know I shouldn´t avoid it too much because, just as with eating too much sugar, not eating enough can develop diabetes, too. x_x  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

little mish random midget

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 pm
try just eating fruits..>.< or put whipped cream on fruits..
i love mint on watermelon.. I normally just have fruits for dessert since im lazy..  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 am
One quick sweet fix for me is getting strawberries a little wet and then dipping them in sugar. It's all natural and there are a lot of things that are waaay worse. 3nodding

SpookyJester

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:32 am
Try looking up the "More with Less" cookbook. It is published by MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) and I've seen it available in several alternative lifestyle-type stores in North America. It is about how to live a full, healthy, enjoyable food life with less waste. There is a very good section on deserts. I liked the sugar cookie recipe, as did many of my friends.

One could certainly do worse than eating one or two of these every once in a while. As with any food, the trick is in moderation.

Cream
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup lard, margarine or shortening
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Stir In
2 teaspoons baking powder
8-8 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla.

Chill dough. Roll out, cut into small rounds. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Martha Wiebe, "Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies," More-With-Less: Recipes and suggestions by Mennonites on how to eat better and consume less of the world's limited food resources, 25th edition. Doris Janzen Longacre, ed. (Harold: Scottdale, Pennsylvania, 2000) 293.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:43 pm
ALL DESSERTS ARE HEALTHY!!!!! in moderation  

Kandell

16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas