Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Inevitable CITIZEN KANE Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Citizen Kane?
  Citizen WHO?
  Wasn't that a Simpsons episode?
  "Citizen Kane?" What's with the question mark? Its Citizen Kane. Period.
  Citizen GOOOLLLLD!
View Results

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:12 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Ah yes... I saw that. Sounds good. Might check it out.

But anyways, back to Citizen Kane. Someone else must have seen this. Hmm... maybe I'll have to find an online version and we'll all have to get together and watch, because this is ridiculous. Only two people in the entire guild have seen this movie? Jeez...

Well it goes as far to say that I doubt there are many that have seen Casablanca either. They seem to be into the hip new movies... that arn't always the greatest... wow makes me sound old and I'm only 17 hahaha Except No Country For Old Men... and I can't wait to watch There Will Be Blood... And YES BACK TO CITIZEN KANE!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:20 pm
Ah yes... Casablanca... We watched this in Drama class. Everyone hated it, except me, because, well, it was my DVD we watched. Why did everyone hate it so much. Because:
1. It was in black and white. How the hell are they supposed to stay interested when there is no color?
2. They talked to fast. They couldn't understand a word coming out of their mouths. So, to solve that, they put the subtitles on.
3. It was "stupid". But, then again, this is the same class that thought The Dukes of Hazzard was one of the best movies of the year.

But enough about that...

I totally agree with you on the whole hip new movie thing. 90% of the stuff that's out there isn't worth watching. I hardly go to the theatre. (Well, actually, I go to my local drive in every weekend in the summer, but that's just because there isn't much better to do.)

Whatever happened to the classics? Why doesn't this younger generation get it? I'm seventeen, and in my small town of 800 people, 300 people total in school, I bet I'm one of only a few (like less than 10) that can say "I've seen Citizen Kane, and enjoyed it." It's just sad, really...  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:25 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Ah yes... Casablanca... We watched this in Drama class. Everyone hated it, except me, because, well, it was my DVD we watched. Why did everyone hate it so much. Because:
1. It was in black and white. How the hell are they supposed to stay interested when there is no color?
2. They talked to fast. They couldn't understand a word coming out of their mouths. So, to solve that, they put the subtitles on.
3. It was "stupid". But, then again, this is the same class that thought The Dukes of Hazzard was one of the best movies of the year.

But enough about that...

I totally agree with you on the whole hip new movie thing. 90% of the stuff that's out there isn't worth watching. I hardly go to the theatre. (Well, actually, I go to my local drive in every weekend in the summer, but that's just because there isn't much better to do.)

Whatever happened to the classics? Why doesn't this younger generation get it? I'm seventeen, and in my small town of 800 people, 300 people total in school, I bet I'm one of only a few (like less than 10) that can say "I've seen Citizen Kane, and enjoyed it." It's just sad, really...

There is a wonderful thing in my school put on by a wonderful teacher... its called History and Appreciation of Film... and kids take it cuz ya know easy credits... so many people have seen Citizen Kane and Casablanca buuttt the numbers that have liked them are slim... Casablanca more over Citizen Kane.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 pm
Damn, I'm so jealous. I tried to get the class to watch Citizen Kane, because in my opinion, its a superior film, but Casablanca over ruled. I'm so taking a film class in University. Maybe I'll finally meet some people with a little bit of sense in them.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:34 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Damn, I'm so jealous. I tried to get the class to watch Citizen Kane, because in my opinion, its a superior film, but Casablanca over ruled. I'm so taking a film class in University. Maybe I'll finally meet some people with a little bit of sense in them.

I'm going to film school after high... actually I leave on Friday and for a whole week 8 hours a day am learning about visual effects at the Vancouver Art Institute of Film. It will make my movies so much better.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:41 pm
Oh wow, really? I was gonna go to the Art Institute of Vancouver (to study film, no less), but decided it was too expensive for my tastes. So, I opted for the cheaper, and overall, better program (at least for me), of the English department at the University of Regina.

But I'm being a terrible mod right now. We really should get back on topic and stop discussing this in the forums.

*ahem*

I really haven't got much more to say on Citizen Kane right now.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:42 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Oh wow, really? I was gonna go to the Art Institute of Vancouver (to study film, no less), but decided it was too expensive for my tastes. So, I opted for the cheaper, and overall, better program (at least for me), of the English department at the University of Regina.

But I'm being a terrible mod right now. We really should get back on topic and stop discussing this in the forums.

*ahem*

I really haven't got much more to say on Requiem.

I guess we should get back on topic... although... all bets are on this topic will die...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:45 pm
Probably, but hell, at least we're letting it go down swinging.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:48 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Probably, but hell, at least we're letting it go down swinging.

It should be a sticky... so people always have to look at it ... and be ashamed  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm
Hahaha! If I did that, I'd probably be demoted in a heart beat.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:57 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Hahaha! If I did that, I'd probably be demoted in a heart beat.

Then they don't know how important this film is!!!!  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff