Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
clones on the loose how do u stop them??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Star_of_the_future

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:42 am
So i have theses two friends, and they tends to copy others not just like the little things but EVERYTHING they mainly copy haley tho like haley cut her hair to be short, then megan did, then alissa did, haley use to wear dark clothes alissa did and so did megan(megan even wanted dark hair to match the look) haley adores AFI(mostly lead singer davey) then so did megan the worst was when megan claimed to be a bi-sexual like haley it was funny tho to watch her pretend to get turned on by girl in the TV but it was so fake and rather insulting
its really annoying and haley has told them that she loves them for they are in hopes that they stop, haley has changed and is wearing bright clothes(because shes happy and to see who follows) so if any of u have dealt with a friend like that and know how to make them stop tell me please because since megan knows haley loves megan for megan... i was scared because megan hasnt stopped that act yet and she BEGS for attention like needs it conversations always have to be about her, and she always has to state her opinion so i was scared since im haleys best friend she'll start doing that to me and i dont want a clone so helps purty please  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:05 pm
ive had one of those friends. and yes, they hurt us, but they olny need to know who they really are. and it can be traced back to psychology: there are a few strong willed people. they are comfortable with who they are and dont normaly follow the crowed. then there are many, many weak willed people. they want to fit in, be with the strongest willed person. and it sounds to me like your stuck in the middle of two extremes here. so maybe find other friends to hang out with. not drop these ones, just find more. they could probably help better because they can know the details.  

DvnT

shani26

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:35 pm
Lol, this never happen to me. People don't want to fallow my lead. I am not a role model, i look to insuicre for that. Any way i never really had a style in cloth i usally wear stuff i get from other people.
I think these girl feel insicure about themself. They want to fit in so badly, they forget who they are. Mybe they didn't decide who they are yet.
Try to found out what they carcter really is, try to love them for stuff they like and not someone else's likes. Try to spend alone time with each one of them, visit theyre home. If they study in school check what is thier best subgect.
If you treat them like induvisal, mybe it will pay off, but it may takes time to change them. Are you sure you up for it?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:34 pm
That happened to me many times. but it was my niece and she was like 4. she would copy me. but i found it adorable. then again she was a little kid that looked up to her aunt. in this case with the friend thing that is awkward. maybe you should talk to them and see if they change if they don't just stay away from them. hopefully one day they would realize that they are their own person.  

Anabethe

animefreak225

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:39 pm
Well I knew someone like that and she was like a lost puppy and always followed me around and would copy me in everything I said, wore, and did. It was so annoying all I had to do was tell her that it was time she got her own life and figured out who she was and to stop copying me, because it was so obvious and annoying. She even went as far as liking the people I liked and trying to hook up with them, but they all hated her so it was all good. I told her that if she didn't stop i wasn't going to be her friend. So I gave her a long time almost a year, because you can't exactly find yourself in a day, and she didn't even try to stop copying me and to be herself so I just started to ignore her. No matter how much she was talking to me and grabbing on me I ignored her. It took her a while to stop I mean I told her I hated her a while ago like 2 years ago and she still trys to call and talk to me and everything but she doesn't copy me no more. Now she copies other people. I mean some people don't take the hint.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games