Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
XII help needed...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you jonesing for a PSP
  in fetal position...waiting hoping
  HA sucker...got one already!
View Results

Chimaria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:41 pm
Any strategies out there...I finally got my team to level 55. i am wandering (not too far) into the deadlands. any hints, what should i be expecting, seems like a scary place and that damn fog!! I get all turned around.

thanks heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm
I'd like to help, but a bit more information would be nice.

Are you doing hunts? If so, the names of the hunts would be helpful, as well as where you are currently in the game.  

ArikaiHart

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 am
So you're in the low 20's.... and from what I gather with the turtle and the storm elemental I'd say you're at the part of the game where it's the rains in giza for the first time?

If that's true, then I'd say your safest bet on leveling would be the entrance, not the depths, to Zertinan Caverns. Kill slimes and frogs til you level up a pretty fair amount. If you want something a bit harder but a lot faster you can go to the nomad village near Nalbina in the Eastersand cross the river and fight the worgen there. Stay away from the Saurians, in those screens because they will attack. The higher level you get the further you can move in. After the Eastersand you'll get to the Mosphoran Highwaste, then after that the Salikawood. When I was at that part of the storyline, I leveled in those places til I was around level 40 then I tried my hand at leveling in the Necrohol of Nabudis til I was strong enough to get far enough in to get the Zodiac Spear. If you do that, the game seems like cake when you finally get back to the storyline.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:20 am
Thanks for the help... heart
I sorely realized that I was so NOT strong enough to be running around to the other areas.
Even in the cave there are some nasties (like that stick creature) that I am not ready for.
I hunted down a bunch of those bird creatures...I had to get over myself since I heart birds.

thanks again!  

Chimaria

Chimaria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:31 am
Arikaihart...
I'm slowly doing the hunts...on the way to the caves I bumped into the Wyvern Lord (thank goodness for magic & bows) HEY - magic bows! that would be cool!
I'm at the part where I need to go to Giza & fight the Boss guy. I am hanging around Rabanastre...now I realize for good reason...my levels are too low to make any head way.
Speaking of the caves...have either of you beat the demon wall?...the first wall. I ended up running like a chicken to the door! I had been back, but that guy keeps whooping my butt.
What level were you when you beat him?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 am
Chimaria
Arikaihart...
I'm slowly doing the hunts...on the way to the caves I bumped into the Wyvern Lord (thank goodness for magic & bows) HEY - magic bows! that would be cool!
I'm at the part where I need to go to Giza & fight the Boss guy. I am hanging around Rabanastre...now I realize for good reason...my levels are too low to make any head way.
Speaking of the caves...have either of you beat the demon wall?...the first wall. I ended up running like a chicken to the door! I had been back, but that guy keeps whooping my butt.
What level were you when you beat him?

I can't recall what level I was at, but I remembered beating it the first time I got there with quickenings. After you beat it there is a secret passage that takes you to an area where you have a chance to get the Demonsbane. A great weapon for a great portion of the game afterwards.  

tkdauronXIII

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:21 pm
My first time through... no I didn't beat it... I died trying. But my second time through I was very well prepared. (I think I was someone in the mid-40s as far as my level goes) and everyone of my characters had 3 quickenings. It was pretty sad how quickly that thing went down.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:56 pm
Mid 40's...okay I get it...to beat the 1st demon wall i should be at least level 30+. I was walking into the fight with a dagger when I should have been armed with a sword! (- so to speak)

Level up, I am stuck with...thanks ya'll! I appreciate the advice! heart  

Chimaria

Fayt92293

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:42 am
Chimaria
Mid 40's...okay I get it...to beat the 1st demon wall i should be at least level 30+. I was walking into the fight with a dagger when I should have been armed with a sword! (- so to speak)

Level up, I am stuck with...thanks ya'll! I appreciate the advice! heart

Demon Wall....I believe I was level 28, but I'd suggest somewhere around 32, when I fought it, and had level 2 and 3 quickenings. You could beat it at 28 if you have good weapons and quickenings. I used Ashe, Vaan, and....um......the knight guy....sorry, forgot his name. After the died, used lvl three quickenings with the other 3 people. I had a Steel Battleaxe(?, it's one point stronger than the Katana[see below]) on the knight guy, a Heavy Lance on Ashe, and the only Katana available at that time on Vaan (sry, can't remember the name).  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm
I vividly remember holding down R2 while dashing straight from Rabanastre to Jahara.
=/
I was around level 20.
Yeah,I was a noob.  

Monsieur Nameless

Chimaria

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 pm
lol yeah...like going to the waterway before i was even level 20. That was a mistake! *running...screaming like a freak**  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:45 am
Chimaria
lol yeah...like going to the waterway before i was even level 20. That was a mistake! *running...screaming like a freak**
xD Yeah,I did that too.I was like,'Okay,Malboro,bring it on!'Then it just wiped me out in seconds @_@  

Monsieur Nameless

Chimaria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm
blaugh I'm repurposing this thread...hope that is alright.

wanna get feedback on the deadlands...i have such precious little time to play...when i do, i want to make the most of every second!!!

thanks...you are the only ones who understand....*sigh*  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff