Reply Advice Forum
Mature help required. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do?
  Throw his stuff on the lawn
  Pack up his stuff, clean up the room and make sure your new roommate that is paying, has a clean room to move into.
  Make him get his a** out here and clean it up himself!
View Results

Cierrah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:14 pm
obe1ball
Dear Bella; If i was you i would ask him nicely to come get his stuff out of the apartment! If he still does not get it i would have a yard sale and make is a** buy his own stuff back!!!

This was how I was feeling while reading everyone's responses. Of course, I would give him a month before the deadline. If he really wants anything you've got, he'll come for it. I would feel pretty miffed at seeing my boyfriend's stuff more than my actual boyfriend.

The nice thing to do of course to to just pack it up and put it away. If the relationship goes sour, well, you can invite all your friends over for a bonfire!

It's been a decent amount of months - I wonder what you decided. mrgreen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:34 pm
I don't know how anyone can advise you to throw his belongings onto the lawn. Legally you can be held responsible for property damage or theft if he claims anything is missing or ruined. Pack his belongings up (yes inventory them) and if you do not have the space to store them, put them in a storage unit. I'm sure you will have to pay the first months rent, however contact him by certified mail the day you put his belongings into the storage unit. Give him both the address and the telephone number of the storage unit and tell him he either has to have them moved within the 30 days, or he will have to pay for the storage unit on his own. (Make sure you keep a copy of the letter and inventory for your records.) It is legal, and nicer than throwing his things out on the lawn.  

wizardmime

killafrog
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:32 am
i wouldn't dump it like dumpster i would ether donate it away and make it a tax write off or sell it if u see if anything is worth it
i just would let the guy know before u do the extreme you wouldn't want to have hardship and problem when you shouldn't possibly need that in your life plus it also a way to pay for having his stuff stored in the place he couldnt pay?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Box them up and make him come clean and get his stuff.

He needs to be responsible for his own things. If he truly desired to be responsible, he would have come for his things long ago, and told you things as they are. If he refuses, fry, burn, or donate the items.

Personally, I donated what my ex left behind, and saved one shirt to be burned. Boy, did it burn. He never asked where his stuff went afterward.  

Patron with a Mission

Advice Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces