Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Run Fatboy Run

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you see a movie based solely on the fact that Simon Pegg is in it?
  Yes
  No
  Who?
View Results

Kenshin1387

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:00 am
Opens this Friday (March 2 cool in the US and stars Simon Pegg from Shaun of the Dead. I saw the commercials for it a few days ago and am pumped to go see it this weekend. If you want more info. check out the IMDB page, cause I am crap at writing my own summaries.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 am
I love that actor, so I kind of wanted to see it.  

Strange Kiddo

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 pm
I can't wait to see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:12 am
Yeah looks like a great movie, Simon Pegg has great talent so it should be
good. whee

T3h Antek

Darling_Echoes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:21 am
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I was greatly dissappointed with this movie. It as nowhere near as funny as Shaun or Fuzz. The only part that made me laugh out loud was a bit involving a blister.... Other than that, I don't think I laughed at all during the moive, I think that perhaps I smiled though. I wish I had watched it in the cinema instead of buying it on DVD, just a waste of money in my opinion. There are hardly any extras on the DVD either. Bloopers are Ok in general, but I think because I didn't like the film I just didn't enjoy the bloopers.

Like your question asks, I watched it mainly because on Simon, but seeing the adverts for it aswell the film did look funny. But that's what happens with most films nowadays, all the best bits ar put into the advert.

So yea...Go see it if you want, but I feel it wasn't on par with it Shaun or Fuzz. sweatdrop

Oh, oriental, thanks for inviting me to your guild ^^ Much love heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:53 pm
Darling_Echoes
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I was greatly dissappointed with this movie. It as nowhere near as funny as Shaun or Fuzz.

Like your question asks, I watched it mainly because on Simon, but seeing the adverts for it aswell the film did look funny. But that's what happens with most films nowadays, all the best bits ar put into the advert.

So yea...Go see it if you want, but I feel it wasn't on par with it Shaun or Fuzz. sweatdrop

heart

I agree with you on one point, that it isn't as funny as either of the two Pegg films you mentioned. Still, I guess you can point the finger of blame at both Pegg and Schwimmer for this. Should Simon Pegg be forced to make silly comedies forever because he did so well with the first one?

Watch a couple of seasons of 'Spaced' and notice not only how funny it is, but also how well written and observed the content is. He is far more than just a comedy writer/actor.

No, this wasn't a classic, but personally I was very disappointed with Hot Fuzz. Shaun of the Dead was a good movie, but still only a lampoonery of perfectly decent Zombie flicks. This is new ground for Pegg, and there was even a couple of moments of actual 'drama' in it, heaven forbid.

I enjoyed it. Plus, Thandie Newton is always worth watching for an hour and a half.  

DentedMalteser

Darling_Echoes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:04 am
DentedMalteser
Darling_Echoes
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I was greatly dissappointed with this movie. It as nowhere near as funny as Shaun or Fuzz.

heart

I agree with you on one point, that it isn't as funny as either of the two Pegg films you mentioned. Still, I guess you can point the finger of blame at both Pegg and Schwimmer for this. Should Simon Pegg be forced to make silly comedies forever because he did so well with the first one?

I don't think it's Simons fault really. Loads of people do one or a couple of good to great movies in one genre and then people start to want to see them in more films of the same genre. Jim Carrey for example, he's done loads of comedies, but from what I know of he has done only a couple of non-comic parts. Ricky Gervais, famous for lead role and creating The Office. Now in most other recent shows and films he plays the same sort of character, heck even his cameo in The Simpsons his character was like his Office character. Jack Black, perfect for comedies, I know he did King Kong but I think other than that it's been only comdies for him. Tobin Bell, famous for being Jigsaw in the Saw movies, he generally plays the bad guy in films.
I know that perhaps looks is part of the genre casting, but as soon as you do one good film in one genre, that's it, your stamped.
Perhaps it was actually David's fault for the film being poor. It was his directing debut and perhaps he could have directed it better. I don't know, all I can say is that I don't think it's actually Simon's fault. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:45 pm
I thought that the movie was good, not what I expected but I still thought it was sweet and funny.

I think that most people go into it expecting a Shaun of the Dead type movie and that wasn't what it was at all. Which I do think they advertised it a little falsely making you think that's what it was going to be.  

Kenshin1387

T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff