Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Blu Ray

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you made the switch yet?
  Yes [Playstation 3]
  Yes [BluRay Player]
  No, Don't want to
  No, but I'm thinking about it
  No!
View Results

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:47 pm
To my surprise there are still people out there that don't have a clue what Blu Ray is. Has anyone seen a movie on blu ray? It's really the only way to go. I just hate how I need to convert all the dvd's I have T______T

Do the poll!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For those who don't know what Blu Ray is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu_ray  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:09 am
Which is a shame, considering HD-DVD is the better of the two formats.

I'm not being forced into buying a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player until I can get them for next to nothing. I have too many DVD's to change formats while the change is this expensive.

I hate Sony for doing this, and will probably not buy another Sony product because of it.  

DentedMalteser

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:35 am
DentedMalteser

I'm not being forced into buying a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player until I can get them for next to nothing. I have too many DVD's to change formats while the change is this expensive.

I hate Sony for doing this, and will probably not buy another Sony product because of it.

How is it better when blu ray can hold more memory and video than HD-dvd?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:05 pm
yeah, well, I think blu-ray is sorta useless. Whats the point of geting this sort of thing when dvds are just fine? Also, my brother thought blu-ray was a band.  

nonononono112123113

V1RTUAL PLAGUE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:54 pm
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
DentedMalteser

HD-DVD is just better.

And Blu-Ray has a LONG way to go before overtaking DVDs as the preferred way to watch movies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:03 am
V1RTUAL PLAGUE
Sir Raunchy McTendersoft
DentedMalteser

HD-DVD is just better.

And Blu-Ray has a LONG way to go before overtaking DVDs as the preferred way to watch movies.

So HD Dvd is just better because you say it is?

All the statistics I'm looking at tell me other wise.  

Sir Raunchy McTendersoft

itachi_oftheblade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 pm
blu-ray is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:56 pm
Since Blu-Ray was just released recently, not everyone has a Blu-Ray player or a PS3. When I go to stores such as Borders, Target, and Wal-Mart, the Blu-Ray section is still small. DVDs have already taken over VHS, and I know sometime in the future Blu-Rays will take over DVDs. There are still a lot of movies that have to be released in Blu-Ray for a time, for example, old movies... I haven't made the switch yet, but I know there's a huge difference between DVDs and Blu-Ray.  

Eugel_626

Rishon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:29 pm
to be honest i don't notice much of a difference. yeah the image is sharper but i still don't care, if it was up to me i wound't change at all. i don't really think blu ray will take off as much as everyone thinks. because the last time we make the swich was from vhs to something completely different then a tape. so wouldn't the next thing just be something much more different then a dvd rather then just an upgraded dvd? that just what i think.  
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games