View Results

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:38 pm
So I'm curious to see what you guys think about Amerimanga- manga drawn by Americans in the anime style. Do you read them? Like them? Hate them? Discuss! Personally, I kinda hate them. sweatdrop Manga to me is something that comes explicitly and solely from Japan. If it's not from Japan, then it's just a comic book in the Japanese art style. I'm probably missing out on some great stories, but I refuse to read Amerimanga. They just bother me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 pm
i don't hate them but i voted that way because all the Amerimanga iv read weren't that good and the sequal didn't come out for another year so i realy just stick to japennese manga (and i didn't realy enjoy the art but i support there effort)  

666Jio666

Quisenta Ayanami
Vice Captain

13,940 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:34 pm
i'm not bothered by animanga. just for the fact that like all types of art. drawing weather its american authors or japanese authors its still art!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:47 pm
As someone that wants to become a manga artist from another country(not America though) that kinda depresses me sweatdrop I don't think people should judge a comic after what country it's from... I rather look at the story and art than that. Even though I know that manga means "Japanese comics"...  

Rutoro

DoodlePix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:50 am
I don't really care much where it came from, but how good the plot and the art is, other than that I don't really care.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:00 pm
You know, there's not many amerimangas that I like to read, but I do like some.
Problem is, I forgot the names of those ones, so I don't remember their names. sweatdrop
No biggy though, right? Plenty others to like and read.  

Negi Oni-chan

Taitei Hakkotsu

Lupine Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:33 pm
Some are okay. Just like Blank. I really like this series. It really good.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:07 pm
I've had bad experiences with it so far.
The ones I've seen, the art was terrible.
I couldn't even focus on the story, because the art bothered me so bad.
I would love to give it another shot though if anyone has recommendations.

Historical

Miss Sawa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:29 am
I really don't care where a manga comes from.
Well I'm not from America but from Germany, but maybe that counts sweatdrop
We have quite many german mangas (considering the fact that the german manga-thing is still pretty new) and I saw one series I liked and bought. It has 3 volumes, and it's really the only german one I like. The others just tend to lack artistic skill (sorry), a plot, or even both.
In general I like the idea though, I mean giving artists the chance of publishing something a huge crowd could be interested in, which is imo why they're made up like mangas and not just called comics.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 am
There was a manga version of the x men and spiderman around 97. But its so hard to find. I wish I had those series.  

Killer War Face

Darknight Silver

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:23 am
I really don't care where the manga comes from, so long as there is a good plot.  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games