Reply Organization XIII Home Thread
14th member: Sue or not?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xolichan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:30 pm
So, as most KH fans know, one of the new games, 358/2 Days, introduces the 14th member of Org.13. At the moment, we know only 3 things about this new member: She's female, she's definitely not Namine, and she has some sort of connection with Roxas. Her face has not yet been revealed.
But already, some members are calling her a "Canon Sue".

But it seems to me that these people are unfairly jumping to conclusions, so I want to know: What do you guys think of her?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:11 am
Let's not forget another fact about this 14th member: she died in between the Chain of Memories and KH2.

To be quite honest, I have some doubts that she could be related to Aqua since Aqua is a female, she's not Namine, and she has connection with Ven (the blond kid who look like Roxas). However, as I said before: it's my doubts.

However, I like to know more about this 14th member. But not as much as the origin of other members (7 to 12). sweatdrop  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Lady_Chimera

Mystical Shapeshifter

26,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:30 pm
If she's not Aqua, I'm among those whom think/fear that she will turn out to be a Mary Sue-ish character (I mean if you think about it, Kairi already is one, so it's possible.).

I don't really like the idea of a fourteenth member anyway though, mostly since it leaves too much of an opening for people to come up with even more Org. OC's than they already do who can justify themselves with the fact that there could be more than just thirteen now. Most of those OC's I've come across already are Sue-/Stu-ish in nature. ((_-

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 am
I quite agree with you. That really do ruin the atmosphere of Organization XIII. However, you should be glad that this fourteenth member died so quickly. LOL xd  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 am
I still think it'd be interesting to see.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Lady_Chimera
If she's not Aqua, I'm among those whom think/fear that she will turn out to be a Mary Sue-ish character (I mean if you think about it, Kairi already is one, so it's possible.).

I don't really like the idea of a fourteenth member anyway though, mostly since it leaves too much of an opening for people to come up with even more Org. OC's than they already do who can justify themselves with the fact that there could be more than just thirteen now. Most of those OC's I've come across already are Sue-/Stu-ish in nature. ((_-

Well see, I'm already convinced that Terra is Xehanort, so, in my mind, it would be more Sue-ish if XIV is Aqua.
(Kairi's one of my favorite characters. crying )

No, I don't think this is going to affect the number of Org. OCs; 14th member fics have existed since KH2 was released. I think they'll just all switch to writing the "unknown 15th member" instead of the 14th. I mean, before CoM, people were writing 4th member OCs, 12th number OCs, etc.(because nobody likes Jiminy's journal, and nobody actually reads it), but those are pretty much extinct. I really think the fanfic authors will simply find another slot for their OCs.
Anyway, the fanfiction OCs are OCs. XIV is canon. They're not really comparable. Also, if you think about it, Sora is about the biggest Canon-Sue in all of Kingdom Hearts, but eve those who hate him usually don't consider that. Think about it: He flys, he kills monsters, he saves princesses, he saves worlds, he has the fate of the world thrust on his shoulders, he bears it cheerfully and optimistically, and he's not even old enough to drive. neutral Yet, it is Kairi and Namine (and, in fact, most of the canon females) who are labeled as "Sues" by 3/4s of the KH fandom. Also, I might add that several people I've talked to who accuse XIV of being a canon-sue said that they wouldn't think that if the 14th member was a guy.

I could ramble further, but I'll settle with saying that we probably shouldn't form any strong opinions when we have no facts to base them on. And I'm no uber-feminist or anything, but this fandom is so full of sexual bias that I've considered leaving the fandom several times.

Xolichan

Lady_Chimera

Mystical Shapeshifter

26,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 pm
Xolichan

Well see, I'm already convinced that Terra is Xehanort, so, in my mind, it would be more Sue-ish if XIV is Aqua.
(Kairi's one of my favorite characters. crying )

No, I don't think this is going to affect the number of Org. OCs; 14th member fics have existed since KH2 was released. I think they'll just all switch to writing the "unknown 15th member" instead of the 14th. I mean, before CoM, people were writing 4th member OCs, 12th number OCs, etc.(because nobody likes Jiminy's journal, and nobody actually reads it), but those are pretty much extinct. I really think the fanfic authors will simply find another slot for their OCs.
Anyway, the fanfiction OCs are OCs. XIV is canon. They're not really comparable. Also, if you think about it, Sora is about the biggest Canon-Sue in all of Kingdom Hearts, but eve those who hate him usually don't consider that. Think about it: He flys, he kills monsters, he saves princesses, he saves worlds, he has the fate of the world thrust on his shoulders, he bears it cheerfully and optimistically, and he's not even old enough to drive. neutral Yet, it is Kairi and Namine (and, in fact, most of the canon females) who are labeled as "Sues" by 3/4s of the KH fandom. Also, I might add that several people I've talked to who accuse XIV of being a canon-sue said that they wouldn't think that if the 14th member was a guy.

I could ramble further, but I'll settle with saying that we probably shouldn't form any strong opinions when we have no facts to base them on. And I'm no uber-feminist or anything, but this fandom is so full of sexual bias that I've considered leaving the fandom several times.

I think Xehanort's Terra too, but, while I didn't say XIV being Aqua wouldn't be Sue-ish, Aqua being XIV just seems to make the most sense based on what we know so far since XIV's not Namine (which is rather disappointing, especially since I like Namine and it would make sense for her to have been XIV; not to mention there is a severe lack of strong female characters [or even female characters period...] as it is, which is sad and annoying at the same time, but what are we going to do, right? ((_x )

I don't really have a problem with people creating OC's. It's just...since we have a fourteenth member now out of what was previously believed to only be thirteen, I just feel that people will use that as justification for sort of...obsessing over their own Org. OC's as much as some do. It's not that I think people shouldn't try and come up with characters that they can be happy with, it's just more along the lines of...I'm not sure how to word it. I guess...people sometimes obsess over their own characters so much that they lose sight of what they're actually doing. Maybe I'm just talking too much from too few personal experiences and overlaying them too broadly over everything else.

What you mentioned is part of why I don't like Sora though, but I didn't mention him since I was limiting myself to the female characters we know of.

What we're left with is a lot of speculation about...everything really, since we're not given much to work with and Nomura has even said it's been left so open so people can come up with their own ideas. I've never seen a fandom full of so much drama though, and I figure it's mostly due to all of the speculation. It's...interesting isn't really the word I want, but I can't think of a more appropriate one right now, but it's interesting to just sort of...stand back and see what all is going on in the fandom. I try to remain neutral and logical, so I don't always understand why some people fight over some of the things they do, but I suppose it's to be expected.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:28 am
I too thought that Xehanort is Terra. In fact, I even made a thread about it with both con and pro about him being Terra.

Anyway, I don't have a problem about people making their OCs except if they are making Mary Sues or Gary Sues characters. Those characters are annoying to me. Having the "perfect" character to save the world and getting everything "perfect" including having a love interest. Bleh, that just sicken me. But besides that, I agree with Lady_Chimera. When people are getting too obsess with their own characters, the storyline will lose its purpose of what the story should be or that they accidentally made their characters as the main characters while the main characters become the backup characters. I've seen some stories ended up like that whenever I've seen OCs around.  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

eraLdo deneuve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:52 pm
Eh heh heh...
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:24 am
if it is Aqua shed hav 2 b like 60
cause BBS is like 20 years before KHII  

Erufite Mythlis
Crew

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:11 am
junkatzdollXIII
if it is Aqua shed hav 2 b like 60
cause BBS is like 20 years before KHII

stare She wouldn't be that old, she would be around the same age as Terra or young apprentice Xenahort.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm
I'm excited. I can't wait to see who she is.  

NocturnalWeapon

Organization XIII Home Thread

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff