Reply Main Guild Forum
Attempt at a couple pic [Critiques appriciated]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iris Silver

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:14 am
This is one of my few attempts at a couple picture. I don't do them normally cause it's hard for me >.<

I need some suggestions on it since I am drawing this for a friend.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:15 pm
User ImageShocking...

Overall, that is a good couple drawing. I like their expressions and the position of the guy's arm. The girl's bust looks off, though. I think there should be more detail on her right breast and the ribbon on her chest looks really sloppy.

...isn't it?User Image

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100

MissDeerFace

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:25 pm
I agree that her bust is a little odd and the ribbon seemed just thrown on there.
I love their faces. And the expressions. I have a hard time with emotions.

His hand is to small though. A persons hand should be as large as there face porportionally (sp?)  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:53 pm
Thanks for the info and I shall go to work on the clothing, bust, and hand sizes. blaugh  

Iris Silver

Adzusai

9,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:47 pm
I like the the poses and the girl's expression a lot biggrin , but the guy's head is a bit big (his head shouldn't be bigger than hers, because he's behind her)...the neck looks too small to support it. (see below)

User Image

Hope that helps! Everything else looks good! You're friend is lucky wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:11 am
His head looks kinda bald, since his hair comes down at a weird point. You didn't draw the linings for the ears and I just noticed that his neck is cut off from collar of his shirt. The girl's head is too big, and her shoulders are too small, her bust is unproportional, lips looks flat. Definitely more work on the ribbon. And try to relax the characters a bit. The guy is going for an aggresive look, and the girl an embarassed yet liking it look. (right?) Make the girl's hair flow more naturally too. The overall look is Okay. xd

-sry if I said too much. I get carried away sometimes. xd  

Lioston

darklord_avalon

Sexy Muse

21,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm
I really love the expressions so cute ^.^
actually there isn't an awful lot that I can say that hasn't already been said.
though I could say, make the bow bigger ^.^ it would look cuter.(just personal opinion mostly lol)
also, is the shirt open under the bow? or is there a shirt under the other shirt?
if not then there needs to be some definition to her middle. and the bust some more too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:11 pm
i love hoe you do ur hair and eyes...the only thing is that the guys arm is like to close to the girl if you know what im saying and the girls busts are kind of off. also, i think if you fix the bow on the girls shirt it would look better. other then that, this drawing is like amazing :]  

oxellebellxo

nega_one

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:08 pm
That pic looks amazing i say if there hard try harder you will be great biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:53 am
I think you have done a great job. I love your artwork! heart  

Hayashi Kiko

Tarff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am
Hello, many things have already been mentioned that I don't think need to be repeated (bust, ribbon, etc.), but I'd like to mentioned one thing about the guy's arm. Well first, Great Job! I have trouble with couple pictures as well; I always make someone too big. sweatdrop Anyway, the guy's arm look stiff. Not only that but it's a little too short. The upperarm at least (from the shoulder to the elbow); it should extend lower and then the forearm (instead of being at a 90* angle will be a less-than 90* angle; i don't know the exact measurement). Also, the bottom of the forearm (like th line that connects from the elbow to the pinky) should be more curved (not too much since none of us are Gumby, but enough so that it doesn't look so... strange?). Oh! And I second the hair thing, where you made it a kinda strange shape (on the guy), although I really like this picture. And I really like the expressions as well. I'm sure your friend will love it! blaugh Good Job! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:26 am
Bump you back up. Gah. I hate bumping. sweatdrop  

Tarff

premium content

Mewling Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 am
Everyone always beats me to these things. sweatdrop
Overall, whoever is receiving this piece of artwork is indeed lucky.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:29 pm
I do not see what is wrong with her boobs, but I do see what they are talking about when they talk about his arms...They are a bit small. Umm...the ribbon could be more manga like instead of cartoon, but I love the picture and saved it to my computer as an example to look at when I draw. I hope you do not mind. It is an awesome picture and I usually do head shots or partial heads...  

youaremineforever

Main Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff