Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

White Siren Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:07 pm
Cynfael
I'm going to have to agree with Paradoxotaur and The Great DustBunny's posts there.

Same here. D:
Both have a definitive point in the subject.

My mother had an abortion, and though there's regret in it, my mother could have died.

She was 46 when she had the abortion. She had me when she was 42. And the two of us could have died. =[  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 pm
ObsidianHaloMark2
SOM3BODii TOLD M3
any type of abortion is murder to an innocent child.

its the woman's fault for getting pregnant.
they do make these funky woman condoms that the woman puts on and if a man tries and rapes her his member gets all cut up.
all in all it could have been avoided
and there is NO reason to KILL the baby.

give it up for adoption

it is purely murder to innocence. that baby did NOTHING wrong to deserve death

Haha, the fetus did nothing to deserve to live either.

And adoption? Really? That would suck. Especially if you were black or hispanic. You'd be in there foreeever. (And if you want it to live, why don't you take care of it, since you obviously care so much. Why don't you pay for the estimated 200k+ of fully raising a child? At least, I think that was the estimation a while back... either way it's still a whole lot.)

Once again; Overpopulation, BAM!

LOL. I LOVE your arguement in this. <3 x]  

White Siren Queen

vElvET pUPpet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:54 pm
i am against abortion i mean either way u spin it a baby is still being murdered. However, i believe in freedom of choice and do not believe the government should take away our rights to make our own choices,and mistakes. Because of this, i dont think abortion should be banned but i do believe there should be tighter restrictions on it. i mean, once a baby is more than just a fetus, once it is fully formed(im not sure how long that takes) it is a living human being and should not be killed. there are doctors out there who perform abortions on babies practically on the doorstep of delivery and that is just wrong. it wouldn't killl the mother to have the child and give it up for adoption? why can't they just wait?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:25 pm
On Abortion:.
i, personally, would never abort. but it might be different for other people.
Depending on the situation, i suppose, no matter what it IS the mothers choice.
don't get me wrong, abortion is still murder. and wether you can live with that is up to you. but still, if you don't want to have a kid, don't have sex. or, at least, have safe sex. if you can't even do something as simple as that, you don't have a right to abort. so if it accidentally happens, i think you should do the mature thing and take responsibility. i'm not saying you should raise the kid, but come on, how hard is it to find a foster parent/home?. sure life might be hard for the kid, but atleast he/she would have a life.
Abortion is Murder, it's not a question of wether your ready to give life, but a question of wether your willing to take it away.  

Yuuki Aoyagi

Kiba-Neo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:29 pm
I am neither for nor against abortion I think that it should be the mother/father's decision  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:10 am
Pro-choice here.

I agree with those of you who say that fetuses are parasites, that life does not begin at conception, and that the government should have no say in this matter. Especially since we can't seem to find a politician who can leave his/her morals out of the debate. Most of them say, as a lot of people here did, that abortion is murder. But that means we have to have a viable definition for life and when it begins. We don't have that yet, and even when we do get such a definition, people from both sides will still argue over it. So the government just needs to butt the hell out.

Many of you pro-lifers say that women should put their babies up for adoption instead of aborting them. This brings up a whole crapton of issues.
1. What gives you the right to tell a woman that she should unwillingly go through pregnancy for 9 months? That's ridiculous, regardless of how she got pregnant.
2. Do you know how many abortions are performed each year? I don't know the exact number off the top of my head, but it's over 100,00 if I'm not mistaken. Like, way over that number. And you want all of these aborted fetuses, oh I'm sorry, babies, to go into the already overburdened adoption system? Every year? In addition to all the children already in the system? I don't know who you're fooling, but there are not enough potential foster/adoption parents in the world.
3. Others have already brought up this point, but I'll do so again. The world is already seriously overpopulated. If abortion were to just suddenly -poof- disappear, it would be a matter of probably not even decades before Earth just couldn't support the human race anymore. We need abortion, and war and disease and various other things, to help with population control. Yeah, it's tragic, but some people have to do in order for others to live. Just how it is.
4. Adoption is not an easy process for the mother. Someone already gave an example in this thread about a friend who had an adoption and a friend who had an abortion. The friend who had an abortion was doing better emotionally. Statistically, the emotion women feel most when they get an abortion is relief. Not regret. There is a percentage of women who do feel regret, but they are not in the majority. I don't know the statistics of the feelings for women who get adoptions. I only have the story of a woman I read about, and I don't even remember where I read about it. Maybe the adoption statistics are like the abortion statistics, and she's in the minority. I don't know. What I do know is that she thought of her baby every day with regret. She wondered how it was doing, whether it was with a good home, whether it was loved, etc etc. Because unlike with an abortion, when you put a baby up for adoption, you've had nine months to get attached to it. You probably know its gender, probably came up with a name for it, you definitely felt it move around inside you. You went through a lot with it and you got attached. But then it was born and oh! too bad. You put it up for adoption, the new parents are waiting to take it away, and it's too late to change your mind.

I realize that's only four issues and not a crapton, but that's all I've got off the top of my head at two in the morning.

I personally don't know if I could have an abortion or not. But I sure as hell know that I could never go through with an adoption. After going through 9 months of hell, that baby is mine.  

~PheonixSong~

7,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:20 am
*sees this thread*

Instead of reading everything up to this point, I'm going to politely state my opinion because I feel very strongly about this.

I am male. So that means I do not have a correct sense (I have a sense, just probably not a correct one) of what mother go through during birth. I am anti-abortion, and there are two conditional statements why.

First, if the pregnancy is not due to rape... then the mother is definitely responsible. She should take responsibility for her actions.

There are many other reasons why I think abortion is wrong, regardless of what good it actually does for the human race as a whole.

Second, if the pregnancy is because of a rape... then the mother is the victim, not the baby. Spell it out, v-i-c-t-i-m. That means the mother should not be able to abort the child. She will suffer, because she is the victim.

These are reasonings that I believe are not OFTEN considered.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:22 am
I could never have an abortion, but I could also never condemn someone who has. I just hope they feel that they made the right choice, because a life of feeling the choice was wrong is a punishment I wouldn't dare hope on anyone.  

Samantha_Grey

8,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:45 pm
I am only for abortions if it's going to save her life, or if she feels it's the best thing to move on from a rape. Otherwise, carry that pregnancy out. Can't raise a child? Adopt it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 am
I do not believe for or against it.

It really does depend on the situation (rape, life-or-death situation, etc)

I do think if you are going to have an abortion, it had better be early into the pregnancy, fairly soon after finding out you are pregnant.
Not a month or two til due date cause the father left you or something.

As for adoption, i have several problems:
1) there are far too many kids in adoption agancies already.

2) If it is not adopted quickly, it is more and more likely to not be adopted. (most ppl want a baby, not a child/teen)

3) not all adopted are treated well. Many people will naturally favor their own children over addopted ones.
My terrible father has 4 adopted children. two are near in age to two of his "favorite" children (AKA they are rivals). Thus, these two are treated terribly.
One spent most of her childhood in the kitchen/dining room doing housework (while the "favorite" rarly "had to" do anything, and was usually in charge).
Now she lives out back in a small trailer while he draws disablility or whatever on her. (she has some minor mental disability, and his treatment of her hasn't exactly helped matters). She is under his custody for life, due to the disabilities.
The other is an excitable, attention craving little girl, which gets annoying to them, so she gets grounded a lot. Plus she is close in age to their "perfect" daughter, who mis never in trouble for anything.

I would never wish such a life on my children.......

Anyway, because I am not for it or against it, I wouldnt vote to outlaw it. I'm not gonna outlaw something unless I'm against it.  

Master Azrael Reaper

Miakou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 pm
JeremyTheNerd
I, for one, am against abortion.

I think all babies should be born.

What are your opinons on it?

All babies are born. We only abort fetuses.

As for whether or not it's right or wrong, why, oh why are people so interested in what other people do with their genitalia?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:11 pm
Personally I think theres nothing wrong with abortion. Normally abortion is used when the mother knows she can't provide for the baby. I mean if your so worried about preserving life think of it this way - if the mother can't provide for the baby then the baby won't have much of a life anyways. It's better to end it before it has to go through all that pain.

Although I will admit that its stupid to abuse the power of abortion. If a teenager wishes to have sex then they need to have some sort of protection. If they just use abortion as their birth control over and over thats terrible. Plus if they continue to have unprotected sex then they continue to expose themselves to possible STDs, aids, and all that good stuff.  

Katsuo Kurosawa

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces