Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Transexual and Needing Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lykii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:41 pm
So, I recently realized that I'm transgendered. (Also called transexual). For any of you that don't know, transexuality is when you are genetically male with the mind of a female or vice versa.

Now, I am biologically female but I feel like I have the mind of a guy. However, I've been raised all my life to fit the perfect mold of Mommy and Daddy's darling, little girl; skirts, pink, the whole nine yards.

Also, I really want to be a politician (don't press that back button yet!). I'm already preparing to go to law school (I am in high school currently), and I want to help change the world. Because of this "career path," as my school calls it, I have a little problem being transexual.

So, I have a few questions to ask you all,

1. How on Earth do I come out to my parents? Should I?

2. Considering what I want to do for a living, is it wise for me to actually come out as transexual and start on the hormones, get the major surgery, and turn my life on end like that? Or should I play it safe and stay female (I've been living the way my parents expect of a girl for over a decade now, and I know I can handle it if I must) so that there won't be any sort of huge, dirty secret that could ruin my future political career?

3. Could this all possibly be my hormones running rampant on my sexuality and gender identity? I am, after all, still a teenager in high school.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:41 pm
Well, first of all I have a transgender person at my school. A boy belived he was born a girl so he is taking hormones and has become one kinda. I think that before you make a decision you should make sure that this is waht you want in life. You should wait to make any major decisions. And keep in mind that people will shun and judge you, talk behind your back. I would also recomend going to see a doctor to see if you have a hormonal imbalance. If you have too much testosterone which could be causing your feelings.  

xxtaintedlips

Fake Aorta

5,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:05 pm
This might sound like the average annoying answer, but I think it's hormones, because I used to question my sexuality every day, just because I act weird. My once best friend Isaac is a little iffy, and I used to hang out with him everyday, and it rubbed off on me. But I KNOW I'm straight because...well..."My p***s doesn't work when I think about guys".
So I figured that out. If you're still in you early teens, then I say wait a few years to see if you still feel the same. Midn you, don't think about you being a transexual, or you'll eventually convince yourself that you ARE transexual, whether you truly are or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 pm
Look they shouldnt really give a damn if ur transsexual u have ur life and they have theirs so they sholud just deal with it  

SasukeXSuigetsuXAnna

soul donut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm
Are your parents the kind of people who will accept it, or do you think they'll seriously blow a fuse over the news? Because if they're going to get crazy violent or something, it would definitely be better to just...not tell them. But, you know, if you can talk to them like normal people (I can't do that with my mom, she's too high-strung) I'd just sit them down and be honest with them.

As for your career, you need to be true to yourself. It would probably be easier for you, publicly, to remain the gender you are now, because the media and the general public can be quite unkind.

You may want to wait and see if this is all hormones, but truthfully, I'm not sure that's it. There are kids who know they're the wrong gender, after all, and you can't really chalk that up to raging hormones. I'd feel wrong giving you advice that's any more specific, as this is something that only you can decide.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:14 pm
If you truly feel like you are a male, then continue on with your feelings. It sucks how people can be born that way, and I believe transgender people should get to live the life they want.
Coming out to friends and family can be hard. I myself am not a lesbian, but many of my friends and people I have talked to have come out and had a hard time with it. But were accepted or at least not hated for it. If you believe you want your parents to know then tell them. Do as your heart feels. And, hopefully your parents will accept your choice and love you for you no matter what! Because you're the same you. Just in a different body.
As for the whole proceedure: do as you feel is right. If you believe getting a sex change will interfere with your career, don't. If you want one, then get one. If you don't, then don't. No one can make up your mind for you. If your law school and any people in your future refuse your right to your dream because of your gender, it is illegal and wrong and they should feel ashamed! There was a politician, believe it or not, who was transgendered. People hated and loved him and he continued with what he loved. Don't let close minded people stop you from doing what you feel. Remember: there will always be people who hate people no matter what. But then there are those, like myself and my sister, who appreciate people no matter what.
As for the whole hormones thing: transgender people are born with brains that create and have hormone levels of the opposite sex. So, they aren't faking it: that's what their brain feels. But, if you believe it's just normal hormones, then talk to your parents or a doctor about it. But, whatever you do,always stay true to yourself!  

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

falling_to_fly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 pm
I think you should give it a little bit more time - at least make sure you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN about this because there is no going back. If you are sure, it's up to you whether to tell your parents or not. It will be extremely hard both on you and them, so don't take this decision lightly. Overall, I'd say, stay true to yourself and don't end up living the half life where you think back and all you can see is regret. Live your life as much as you can, listen to your heart more than your brain, don't trample your dreams, and you'll get by.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games