Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
Recipes Gone Bad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skillet Cookie?
  Yus!
  Uh...No...
  Huh?
  i steal sum of ur goldz. kthxbai
View Results

Izumi Hosoi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:08 pm
This thread is all thanks to my sister who invented the skillet cookie. (It was supposed to be a pancake!)

Yeah...My sis had asked me to look up chocolate pancakes on the internet. So I did, and I wrote down the recipe for her. She goes off to make the batter, and when she shows it to me, it's way too thick to be pancake batter. Figuring that's the way it's supposed to be, she tried to cook one up. The darn thing wouldn't flatten, or cook right.

We then looked up another recipe...One that called for milk.

So, tell us your mishaps in the kitchen. I'm sure they're as good as the skillet cookies were. (And they were tasty. ^_^ )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 am
Err the first time i made carrot for my grandpas birthday was a disaster xd
It took me and hour to find the ingredients cause someone "organized" the kitchen. The mixer went hay wire and splattered batter everywhere O_o
then when i finally got it in the oven, after half an hour the batter had bubbled over the pan and made a huge mess in the oven -.-

Im not even that bad of a cook, it just wasnt my day DX  

Chris_Ziek_Redfield

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:42 pm
Hmm, I'm generally good at cooking... but when I was making rolled steak in a gravy mushroom sauce I got the salt shaker to add some salt, and well... the lid fell off and into the whole pot of steak rolls with the gravy rolleyes So it was extremely salty :XP: Yet it was also good xd One of those addictive salty foods I guess lol

And there was one time I turned on the wrong burner and burnt the element cover... but there's also been a time Mom turned on the wrong burner which has a plastic bowl, and cutting board on it it all went up in flames!! eek We got the fire extinguisher, but it was a small a** thing and ran out. So Mom and all us kids ran outside and got snow to throw it on the stove, it worked quite well 3nodding But there was one hell of a mess to clean up afterwards lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 am
Last Christmas, since we were going to be at my daughter's house, I decided to do all my Christmas baking there. Knowing what all the ingredients were, I made sure to bring them, but forgot to bring the recipes. We looked up in all of her and her roommate's cookbooks, checked on the internet, and found what we thought were reasonably close facsimiles, and tried them out. Let's just say, from now on, I will be sure to bring my own recipes, or do the baking first and bring the finished product!  

dragginlaydee

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 pm

My cousin attempted to bake a cake using olive oil once..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:14 am
Mashed potato. With TWO times the milk needed.  

Meomotio

Gingeria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 pm
Robot Rabbit
Mashed potato. With TWO times the milk needed.
I've done that before as well  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:18 pm
omg i remember the first time i made cream puffs..... they were crisp and pretty on the outside and soggy and wet on the inside! gonk  

RavePrincess23

4,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games