Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mew2cute

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 pm
I have had pets die before. When I was in kindergarten i had a little tabby cat named Tiny, he was only a kitten and we only had him for about a week. Well, we went to my nieghbors house and had to leave him outside.Tiny had followed us their being a very loving kitty, and the nieghbors big collie, Rocky, chased him and eventully grabed him in his jaws killing him.I had saw the hole thing, and being like 6 i cried my eyes out for the rest of the week. But what stunk most about the death of Tiny was that it was easter, and that we were going to my neighbors house to have a little egg hunt with their cousins. basically it was the WORST easter present i had ever got.

a few years earlier my cat Blue had run away. so now i was greiving for two cats...but a month later my mom had said after school that she had a surprise for me. we went to her coworker's house and she gave my mom a box. inside the box was two kittens. a little grey girl with olive green eyes, and a little white and black boy with lime gren eyes. I named the girl Alley and the boy Tarzan. a year later Tarzan ran away. I got sad at that point, but he was closer to my younger sister and she was hurt the most.

when i was 9, in a bright summer day, me andmy older sister were catching butterflies when we noticed something odd going on to the 10 year old family dog, Titus, he was shaking terribly, my mom called her cousin, a vetranary assistant, emediatly. he told us that Titus was having a heat stroke and to try to cool him of. But we were to late, he died in my dad's arms.that was one of the few times i saw my dad cry.Titus at one pointhad been my dad's police dog, being a big, strong german sheperd.He also protected me like a big brother when i was a baby. his death was sad for the whole family.

when i was 10, my chikens, Pinky and Blacky, had finally succesfully hatched an egg.it was a fast little chick that i dubed Speedy. Months later when it(it didn't live long enough for it's gender to be revealed) was starting to molt, Speedy vanished. We just supposed a coyote or bird of prey got her.

The death of speedy din't affect us as much as the deathes of the pets above. But I think if chikens have emotions, pinky and blacky were in greif. they wet into chiken depression and never even tried to hatch another egg. after Pinky laid them, she would just role them into the open to be crushed and eaten by Blacky and rats.

we had another close call this year, my little beagle,chow,and keyshund mix, Kapi, got a large growth on her tummy and we feared it was cancer.
my dad was planning to get her uthanized, but he looked into her eyes and desided instead to bring her to a vet. luckily she just had an infecion and was treated and was in a month all better.So i am thankful that she lived and is healthy again.

Im hoping that if all dogs go to heaven that if all cats,chikens,and fish go to heaven too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:54 pm
i'm very sorry about your fish hun.... i am 40 years old and it doesnt seem to get easier when you lose a pet.... i have lost many small animals in my lifetime, but the hardest for me have been the most recent losses.... 3 years ago a cat i had named baby was hit by a car (tore me up for months) , a year later my cat tiger was stolen.... and most recent of all... my daughters bengal cat had 3 kittens (one was for me) and one of those was still born due to a birth defect..... i cried for months about that..... the thought of losing my current cat Zolan (that kitten is now 1 year old) tears me up sometimes... i am doing everything i can to make sure i have him as long as i can.... what helps me now get through the death of an animal is to try to remember its all part of the circle of life... if you ever need someone to talk to come look me up... ((((((( hugs hun))))))))  

bellachickie

IMP11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 pm
I had a calico persian named "Streaky" for twelve years. We lived in the country and she was an outdoor cat and got attacked by a coyote. She was the greatest-so much character. She had a huge fluffy tail that used to twitch non-stop like she was electified or something-the hair on it even stood up like it was full of static. She was all attitude and love-she was great! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:29 am
I had a little black kitten named midnight that lived outside with my sisters orange kitten named pogo and I went on a vacation with my mom, 2 brothers, and sister and my dad stayed home with them. He forgot to feed them so they actually went to peoples doors whining for food crying my kitten ran away but my sisters kitten stayed. my dad is horrible sometimes.

I have also had many other animals that my mom has sold or given away without asking me or telling me crying crying crying  

Skippsi

Drift Adrift

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:16 am
I've lost pets before or had give them away. (usually due to a difficult move or something similar) But the one passing that sticks out in my mind right now was the passing of my last pet, my cat Puss. (we usually called him Puddy) He passed away in the summer of last year and I had had him since my age was in the single digits. (I'm 21 now)

We had to put him down after he came down with some pretty severe symptoms. We're still not entirely certain what his problem was, though his age might have been a factor in his illness. We also think he may have eaten some of the contaminated pet food that was in the paper last year for causing the deaths of a lot of pets.

I missed him terribly after that (and still do) but I tell myself that making him live any longer in that kind of pain wouldn't have been kind towards him, especially after all the love he gave me.

I guess the best advice I could give is to remember how your pet lived and not how they passed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:54 am
I had a cat that was olderthen my bro and i at the time. Lost it on its birthday... in my fathers hands... crying Cat's Name was Gizmo.. she was a good cat., never could of held her.. but we had a bond...but i have 2 cats now to make up for it but once these cats go.. and i think one of them might not make it to when i graduate.. i dunno depends... she is already over 8 years human age..  

Megan The Speed Demon

Tess A Tigre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:43 am
Had two golden retrievers (littermates - brother and sister) - 13 years old when I had to have them both put to sleep. She with cancer, he with hip problems. They died next to each other with me right there. It almost killed me - literally. They were my family and had slept with me. My house was so empty and my bed was barren. I have two cats now and they are keeping me company.

It is like losing a child when your pet dies. I hate it.

If dogs don't go to heaven then I want to go wherever they are. They are better 'people' than most people.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:41 pm
my kitty died in august. he was older than me by almost 5 years. and i'm 15. heh he was old. but i still miss him. and i had another one i had to give up because he wasn't litter trained and we didn't have the time to train it and we rented. and i had another cat we had to give to my mom(who also recently died) because he didn't get along with the one that died in august.
i miss my kitties!  

cupcakemichi

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

EliseLyle

Feline Entrepreneur

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:07 pm
I lost my 1st dog , coby , a st.bernard ... I had him for about 4 years till he got bone cancer and died ...
crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:37 pm
ya i lost my dog when i was little and the worst part was it had 4 little puppies dat couldnt c and 2 young 2 leave their mommy crying crying crying crying i miss canella(sugar in english)  

-xXxX-misha-XxXx-

Rainbow Bridge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces