Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

swedishsk8ter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 am
How DID you get that picture?!

Often times, Gaians are completely clueless when it comes to capturing great screen shots of the action in Towns. Take heart, comrades! Getting those great candids is easier than you think. Here's a walkthrough of how to get screen captures.

1. Open up Gaia Towns and find your desired photo shoot location.

2. Find the keyboard button / keystroke that will allow you to take the screen capture.

This button / keystroke varies from keyboard to keyboard, depending upon whether you are a PC user or a Mac user.

---On PCs:
------Use the Print Screen button, located to the right of the keyboard. It's abbreviation is PrtScn, and is usually found aligned with the F-keys.

---On Macs
------Use the key combination Command+Shift+3 to save a screen cap of your whole screen to your desktop. (Mac OS X)

------Use the key combination Command+Shift+4 to save a screen cap of only part of your desktop. A cursor will appear that will allow you to select what you want to capture. (Mac OS X)

***Note: For the two commands above, add Control to place the screen cap on the clipboard instead of the desktop.

3. Open up your imaging software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, MS Paint, etc.) and paste your image in a new document. Crop and edit as necessary.

4. Save your file as a .jpg, .png, or .gif (most common file types you'll find online).

5. Upload your screen capture to an image host (Photobucket, TinyPic, ImageShack, etc.).

6. Share your picture(s) with us!

~~~

Personal Note: I am a PC user, and use a combination of Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, and Photobucket to edit and upload all of my graphics. I am not familiar with Mac computers and operating systems, so I'm unaware of other ways to get screen captures on Mac systems. If anyone has any further ways to add to the Mac section, post them here or send me a PM.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 am
~Links~

The following links are external resources you may want to look at if you're still having trouble, or need to find out more information about the programs / image hosts mentioned above. If you know of any other great links out there to add to the list, let me know!

Tutorials:
How to Capture A Screen Shot with Mac OS X
Clatterhead: Tutorials for PC and Mac Screencaps

Image Editing Software:
Adobe Downloads - Photoshop Trial located here
Corel - Download Paint Shop Pro trial here

Image Hosts:
Photobucket
TinyPic
Picasa (Google)
ImageShack

swedishsk8ter
Vice Captain

Ninja Master Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:17 am
User Image
Heres a guide to take pictures by our very own moderator Dino!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/taking-screen-caps-all-platforms-dialup-beware-many-imgs/t.8978556/
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:45 am
uhm wich one is the command button?=?  

Azureenaan

swedishsk8ter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:12 am
Azureenaan
uhm wich one is the command button?=?

I believe it's that crazy little swirly symbol, kind of like the button on PC keyboards that has a window on it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:27 am
Does this work with like anything? There's a movie that i want to get images on to make a collage... so yeah 4laugh  

CaliSunshine09

Gaia Towns Photo Albums: User Run Albums

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff