Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
PLEASE HELP - kicked out

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxtaintedlips

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:39 pm
My mom and her boyfriend have just decided to kick me out of the house if i dont get a job. OK, i am 18 and i am working on getting a job, but they say i must stay at my dads until i find a job (parents are divorced). Well...i feel like saying screw them and getting an apartment and living on my own after i get a job which i totally intend on getting. I have applied to like 13 places. What should i do? Im going to college in the fall.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:00 am
Is there some reason why they don't want you there? Or what's the motive for kicking you out? If you are working on getting a job then they should understand. Go stay with your dad (that's if you get along with him) and get a job and show your independence hon. If you don't get along with your dad then I would just have a talk with mom and bf and tell them you are trying and as soon as you can you will get out. It's hard to find a job, I know first hand on that one, I'm searching myself and also taking college courses. I've been looking for 6 months! Anyway good luck and be strong hon. You can do it!  

btrfly7

xxtaintedlips

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:32 pm
ok, thanks so much for the support. I do get along with my dad. my moms motive is to get me to take more responsibility. she wants me to get a job and be independent which is y id rather maybe move in with my boyfriend or live with my dad until i can get a place of my own. its hard.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:02 pm
Good that you get along with your dad. Go stay with him and get a job, then work on getting your own place. You will feel a lot better about yourself trust me. Things aren't gonna be easy and you will get frustrated at times but it'll all come together if you want it to happen. Be strong and good luck!  

btrfly7

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:04 am
Things will work out for you! Glad to see that you are showing you independence by getting a job and working on getting your own place.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:24 pm
Yes, I'd say you will be fine, as it seems you're working hard towards gaining your own independence. It's a bit steep in my opinion for you mum to not want you to live with her if you don't have a job, but if you can go stay with your dad, and keep working towards your goal, you won't need to be dependent on your parents for much longer.  

Zzyli

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100

xxtaintedlips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:21 pm
thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:02 am
u shuld do wat ever u want cuz if ur mom cant support u ..............  

dontnowat2donow

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff