Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
im scared to tell my parents! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prairie Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:37 pm
Do not, I repeat, do NOT tell them in a note.

It sounds like your parents are pretty good, so try not to stress too much (easier said than done). Take a few days, or a week, or whatever, and figure out exactly what you want to say to them. Think about the big questions they're likely to ask. It's still nerve-wracking, but things like this seem to go easier when you're prepared.

And unless you want to be like me and end up stressing for months waiting for the right time, I'd recommend setting a day to do it, and stick to that deadline. Drawing it out makes it worse.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:17 pm
Be honest. Tell them how you feel. I'm quite sure they'll accept your sexuality!  

Chefeetaboopers

8,325 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

GreyJedi

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:09 am
I'm sure your parents will love you. I have a gay daughter, and I don't love her any less than my other children.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:53 pm

I know everyone else has already said this, but...
I think it's best to just force yourself to do it. Of course when you're ready, just be sure not to back out. And if it's hard to just come out and say it, just do something stupid, or mumble something so they question it. (It's what I do when I'm trying to force myself to say something. It makes it easier to admit some things-- for me at least.)
People all have different ways to spit something out, but the sooner you do, the better.
Besides, it's best if you tell them aside from them just finding out. Being honest can show that you trust them and can be completely trustworthy... and that you're brave enough to come up with the truth no matter how hard it may be. And by holding it back longer, it may hurt them a bit more. Like a, "Why couldn't she just tell me? Doesn't she trust me?" kinda thing.
If your parents love and care for you, they'll accept it.

Rikku Takarai

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces