Curse of the Trees

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pesca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:40 am
The Story

At the beginning of time, there were the trees. They weren't like the trees of today, they were intelligent being, able of great power. Many things are credited to them, but none of the things tangible. They created things like Hope and Love, Peace and Calm. Great things, yes, but not noted enough as they should be.

However great that the trees were, they knew their limitations, and knew that they need someone to take care of them. So the more powerful of them, using a decaying body of their own as a vessel, they created the first wood nymph.

For most of her life, she did as she was supposed to. She cared for the trees, and they treated her as one of their own. They taught her the powers of nature, of growth and control. They grew proud of her, which was probably why they didn't notice the subtle changes in the nymph.

She grew lonely, wanting companionship and love. The trees were great to talk to, but they didn't understand things that she did. They were alive for so long that they didn't know how fleeting life would be for her, and so she did something that she shouldn't have done.

Using the powers that she had cultivated, she tried to create the perfect friend. But something went wrong with her request; Perfection is too difficult to obtain, so the magic that she weilded formed all the animals that we now know.

The trees were disappointed with her, at first. The animals ate their leaves and disrespected their sacred ground. Soon, however, they began to see the good things about what she had done. The animals pollenated the flowers, and fertalized them. They forgave her.

The animals also helped the nymphs loneliness. At least, for a while. Soon she wanted another type of companionship. She wanted someone like her, someone who she could talk to, someone who could hold her.

One day, when she was bathing, she saw the alpha-wolf on the edge of the pond. When she reached out a hand, he nuzzled it. The two of them grew attached in the way that best friends do. Eventually, the nymph had an idea. She managed to fuse a part of herself with the wolf. And she created the werewolf.

He wasn't like the werewolf of legend. He had complete control of himself, the power that he inheirited from the nymph, and the full moon, or any moon phase, had no affect over him. No thirst for flesh plagued him, nor any adversion to silver.

They continued to meet, but this time, the nymph had gotten her wish. She had someone who could talk, and hold her, and understand her in ways that the trees could not. Still, she wasn't prepared for what happened.

They fell in love.

Somehow, the trees hadn't known about the werewolf. The nymph had been quiet about where she went when she was done with her caring duties, and they had no desire to inquire about it. But they did notice when she came later and later. Eventually she had left for weeks, and they had no clue where she had gone, and no way to find out.

She did come back, but this time with a shock. In her arms she cradled two little babies. They were twins, a girl and a boy.

The trees were out raged. She had left them to care for herself and others like her when her only purpose in life was to care for them, her creator. She explained everything. About her and werewolf, their love, and their children.

Even though they had great power, the trees could not undo the past. They felt that the nymph and the werewolf needed punishment, and so they created two humans, and cursed the nymph and her love.

The two humans would populate the world; and so would the nymph and werewolf. The humans would forever hate and fear anything that they didn't understand. The nymph's children would either take after their mother or father. And would always be eternally at war with each other, nymph against werewolf. Neither side would win, and peace would never be reached.

As the curse was finished, the trees used up too much of their power. They collasped in on themselves, no longer able to stand. Their seeds scattered, and would grow into trees themselves, but they would have no power.

The nymph and werewolf were filled with sadness. How could they stand the thought that their children would be killing each other? They had an idea, they chanted the curse that the trees had bestowed upon them, and added an extra phrase to the end, hoping that it would work.

"Until history is righted."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:43 am
Present Day

Now, in 2008, the war is still raging. You can either be a werewolf, nymph, or human. How will the war progress, and how will you adapt to it?

Pesca

Pesca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 am
Rules

1. Be literate. I don't expect perfect spelling or anything, but please have four or more sentences. It helps it go along.

2. No God modding.

3. Post at least once a week. I would hate it if this died....please at least try. If you know you aren't going to be able to get on for three weeks or something, mention it before, and I'll understand.

4.Keep content PG15. Do I have to say anything about this?

5.Send all profiles to me with the title 'Trees'. If you post it here, I will take it off.

6.No killing off others.Unless both of you, the killer and the soon-to-be-dead, send me seperate PMs stating that it's okay.

(The next one isn't a rule...but a suggetion.)

7.You don't have to be 'Mythical' in the beginning: This is just a thing that I just thought of....you can be human and then realize that you are a werewolf or a nymph.....add some surprise later on

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:47 am
Profile Format

Username:
Character Name:
Species: (werewolf, nymph, human)
History:
Appearance: (anime pic preferred)
How you know: (this is for the human characters, how do you know about the war?)
Other:  

Pesca

Pesca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 am
Profiles

The Werewolves~

The Nymphs~

The Humans~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:51 am
News and Updates

July10: We are open and accepting!

Pesca

Vaguely Anatine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:23 pm
Username: MichIsAGirl

Character Name: Naika

Species: (werewolf, nymph, human)

Personality: She's very open to new ideas, but hates it when somebody orders her to do something. She is capable of lashing out aggressively, or crying in a corner at any random moment. Naika can be fun to be around, but is mostly seen alone wading in the brook.

History: Born to an average family, she was raised normally, the everyday nymph. She was quiet and hardly social. Her parents were concerned for this and took her to discipline schools, which made her grow her strange personality from mountains of homework and sheets to complete each night.

Appearance: (anime pic preferred) For some reason, my pics won't work, so I'll just have to use links .
How you know: (this is for the human characters, how do you know about the war?)

Other: The pendant around her neck was a gift from her parents before they passed away, and it is made of Moon stone, so she guards it fearlessly. Naika is also unafraid to die for her friends, or for a good reason that will save others.

(Note, I might not go on this place that much, as I do not check guild forums that much..... sweatdrop Sorry. )  
Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games