Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
.:Uber Lame Dork Issues:.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ojamagic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:46 pm
So I totally feel like a dork coming to you all like this, but I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love with my penpal.

Alright, I know that sound bad, but it's not like that... he's not a *****... I'm absolutely sure of that... so don't go around telling me, "Ditch him because he's probably a 40-year old virgin"

We right to each other by hand
and over the internets and all of that other good stuff... so that's all great and well

and we don't even live that far away... I mean, only several hours, but still... its a long way...>>'' [that made no sense]

I don't know what to do... I'm stuck in a rut...>> Some decent advice would be nice...

I mean, I sound like a dork, but it's not like I can't get a date IRL, I mean, it's just, I haven't found anyone I like as much as my penpal... so it's awkward when I date them...>>;

I wanna try to get over myself, I think it's just a phase, but it's been going on for months now... so I'm not sure...>.<;; I don't want to live the rest of my life like this...<<;;

Also, I'm way to embarrassed to admit to my friends about it, because they won't let me live it down... and my parentals aren't any help either...

I feel like I'm constantly thinking about it...>>;; and sometimes I even have these psychotic dreams about it, it's driving me mad...><;;

So any sort of advice would be nice...^_^; I'm open to anything. It really sucks...>>;;

Discuss
*How to get over a relationship you can't have  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:28 pm
I think usually when I write to someone, over email or letters, they sound a lot better than they actually are. You should definitely meet him before thinking about starting a relationship. As for getting over it... that's the tough part. Immerse yourself in something else you love. Meet other guys. There's no real cure for it... it just has to go away in its own time.  

ekitten614

Tipsy Genius

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ojamagic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:43 pm
Thank you... that's probably the BEST advice I've gotten for it... and it makes sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:18 pm
Let me light up the sky, light it up for you

it could be a matter of waiting until you're able to see each other?
from what I have learned, you can't really get over the possibility of that relationship because it will always be in the back of your mind.
[note: my mom and her boyfriend live 3 hours apart (when there's GOOD traffic mind you) and they have been happily unmarried for 6 years now]
my advice: keep writing back and forth and maybe develop an official long-distance relationship with this person and maybe when you're old enough, you can drive out to see him.

Let me tell you why, I would die for you

iToxicMoon

ForsakenTime

7,700 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Bidding War 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:25 pm
Have you tried speaking to him on the phone yet? It's an easy way to go one step-up before jumping to meet him. Also, does he know how you feel?  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games