Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
Because I Said So - waste of everything

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quicksylver

Salty Saint

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 am
A friend dragged my other friend and me to this hyped flick. It was supposed to be about women and relationships among women (mother, daughter, sister) and such. A good chick flick, it sounded like to my friend. She has never done anything like that since. >[

So ok...it has Diane Keaton as the mother with three daughters in a secular Jewish family that just happens to be WASPy (gotta appeal to a broad audience, y'know). Their last name was Wilder but it should have been Sluttinsky. They were supposed to be Christian/Catholic New Englanders, but I know a New York Jewish family when I see one.

It was all about making sure the ladies get laid regularly, and it wasn't titillating, sexy or funny. Ostensibly the plot is about Mama finding a mate for her unmarried daughter because daughter ******** around a lot but can't seem to keep a man. Mama has no man so interferes with daughter's life. There is a melodramatic moment where Mama reminisces about a bad sex life with the girls' father, in an attempt to get the viewer's blessing for Mama ******** an elderly man. I have just made the movie sound a lot more interesting than it looks.

If you are a man, you will hate it for making men villains and idiots. The husbands of the other two girls are servants, basically neutered. That's the future of the other men. Really makes marriage seem attractive, doesn't it.
If you are a woman, you will hate it because the message is that women are free to sex it up and get their main intimacy from female relationships, yet something is wrong with you if you don't get married. Make up your mind, movie!

Oh, and for some reason the producers thought a five year old running around saying, "p***s, v****a," repeatedly was cute and endearing. Especially if said child is redhaired and freckle faced. And without a mother, boohoo, boohoo. If I want to see children chatting about genitalia I will go to Gaia's Chatterbox or any other non-strict children's forum. And it still won't be cute.

Worst part for me was the horrid way they showed the bonds between the women. Whenever one was about to get ********, during, or after, she called the others and they had a four-way conversation about the man's p***s. "His hotdog, well, it has a bun," to describe one man's uncircumcision. So, ******** was important, but Mommy and Sissies are even more important. Ok, we get it. This is why the daughter was unmarried, obviously.

Blah...I have hurt my brain just remembering this piece of crap.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 am
That does sound really bad...not as bad as superhero movie or meet the spartans, but still.  

MegumiIzutaki

Lodemai Poison

3,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:45 pm
I enjoyed the film to be honest but I agree with a lot of your points. The kid talking about genitalia was a bit unnecessary and why would you phone your family before you have sex?! The bit about the "hot dog" did kind of insinuate they were jealous because a lot of guys do have "a bun" lol. I would watch it again though because it was a light hearted film smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 pm
Yes, I do agree that this was a horrible movie, and totally unrealistic, but I do think that Meet the Spartans was much worse. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing!  

footie pajamas96

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:41 pm
I love Mandy Moore a lot, and I always look forward to her movies, but I was not as happy with this as I thought I'd be. The sister's were unrealistic and the singing parts were too forced and unnecessary. I did enjoy the cake and polka dot clothes. As for Lionel and the parts about genitalia, I found them funny. Especially since the kid who played him was in How to Eat Fried Worms and mentioned his p***s. I just got a sense of deja vu. biggrin I would still rewatch the movie thought. It was the first movie I went to see alone in a theatre so it has a special place in my heart. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:01 pm
I like how "Meet the Spartans" was brought up as if it were a legitimate film for quality comparison.

I haven't seen either, but it should be easy to recognize the difference between a bad film trying to be good and a movie meant to be stupid.  

Badeye

Shirtless Friend

rapwes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 am
i think meet the spartans was pretty sweet i loved the way they wrote the script it's an real surprize what will happen next i really enjoyed that movie  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:13 pm
Haha some of my friends and I went to the video store a while back to rent this. It was 3 to one, what could I do? xD Anyways, I wasn't really paying attention throughout, so I couldn't say if it was a good movie or not. Just not my type D;

Good review, though (:

ali is ridiculous

MegumiIzutaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:32 pm
Before anyone says "Meet the Spartans" is a good movie, I'm just going to say this: It won a "Worse movie ever made" award in comedy. Seriously, they have awards for that...I think it was a "Emmy"?  
Disappointing Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games