Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
I can't stand Splenda. >_< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugar or Splenda?
  Sugar
  Splenda
View Results

Coolonaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:25 pm
What's so bad about Splenda.It's not that bad.I used to eat it in spoonfulls.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:43 pm
splenda equals heart problums
the pink packet equals cancer
its all proven therefore i shall stick to sugar.  

Blood Saga

roses_diamonds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:56 pm
CHEMICALS!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:37 pm
Forgive the wall of text, but I think some of you are confusing Splenda (Sucralose, the yellow packet) with Aspartame. Aspartame (Sweet n Low, Equal, "the pink packet") turns into things like methane gas, phenylalanine (which interferes with your brain's ability to make certain necessary chemicals like serotonin which regulates mood, sleep, body temperature, metabolism, and more) and formaldehyde in your liver. Formaldehyde.. you know, that stuff they use to embalm dead people.
Sugar (sucrose) isn't all that great for you either, especially if you have blood sugar problems. I'm borderline hypoglycemic (my blood sugar drops unless I eat enough of certain foods) due to a high metabolism. Sugar makes it worse because it spikes blood sugar, then makes it drop very low, very quickly.
Aspartame doesn't cause cancer unless you ingest something like 20 cans of diet soda containing it every day for 20 years. In other words, an insane amount.
Sucralose has actually not been found to have any negative effects on people in general, or tested animals, when ingested in realistic portions. Like with anything, good in small amounts. Anything will cause problems if you eat, or drink, too much of it. If you drink too much water, you'll drown your cells and die. If you eat too much bread you'll get yeast infections all over your body. But it takes a lot.
Yeah, it is chemicals. How many chemicals does your body take in every day? There's formaldehyde in deoderant, makeup, even new clothes have it in them. Ever read the ingredients in things you eat every day? The things you can't pronounce are just chemicals. Your body wash or soap, lotions and makeup, hair gel, chewing gum, at least half of what you eat and drink, all chemicals. Technically everything is chemicals. Your brain creates chemicals. So no more "omgz chemicals is lyk badz and stuff!!11!!" Please.
Chemicals aren't bad, bad chemicals are bad. Not to mention all the growth hormones they put in veggies and meat. Really, the only way to avoid synthetic chemicals is to grow your own fruits and veggies and herbs, kill your own meat, make your own clothes, etc. Even then, you can end up with a plant with a fungus or sick animals.

I'm not saying anything against anyone disliking one or another or even getting headaches and stuff from it, I just thought you should know what's up before freaking out or attacking something wrongly.
By the way, I get migraines that last a week or so from aspartame. I eat sugar 99% of the time, but Splenda's nice for when I'm drinking iced tea or something that I tend to put a bit too much sugar in.  

nijiiro desu

The Flower Seller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:48 am

I'm allegic to it.
So I don't know what it tastes like.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:54 am
nijiiro desu
Forgive the wall of text, but I think some of you are confusing Splenda (Sucralose, the yellow packet) with Aspartame. Aspartame (Sweet n Low, Equal, "the pink packet") turns into things like methane gas, phenylalanine (which interferes with your brain's ability to make certain necessary chemicals like serotonin which regulates mood, sleep, body temperature, metabolism, and more) and formaldehyde in your liver. Formaldehyde.. you know, that stuff they use to embalm dead people.
Sugar (sucrose) isn't all that great for you either, especially if you have blood sugar problems. I'm borderline hypoglycemic (my blood sugar drops unless I eat enough of certain foods) due to a high metabolism. Sugar makes it worse because it spikes blood sugar, then makes it drop very low, very quickly.
Aspartame doesn't cause cancer unless you ingest something like 20 cans of diet soda containing it every day for 20 years. In other words, an insane amount.
Sucralose has actually not been found to have any negative effects on people in general, or tested animals, when ingested in realistic portions. Like with anything, good in small amounts. Anything will cause problems if you eat, or drink, too much of it. If you drink too much water, you'll drown your cells and die. If you eat too much bread you'll get yeast infections all over your body. But it takes a lot.
Yeah, it is chemicals. How many chemicals does your body take in every day? There's formaldehyde in deoderant, makeup, even new clothes have it in them. Ever read the ingredients in things you eat every day? The things you can't pronounce are just chemicals. Your body wash or soap, lotions and makeup, hair gel, chewing gum, at least half of what you eat and drink, all chemicals. Technically everything is chemicals. Your brain creates chemicals. So no more "omgz chemicals is lyk badz and stuff!!11!!" Please.
Chemicals aren't bad, bad chemicals are bad. Not to mention all the growth hormones they put in veggies and meat. Really, the only way to avoid synthetic chemicals is to grow your own fruits and veggies and herbs, kill your own meat, make your own clothes, etc. Even then, you can end up with a plant with a fungus or sick animals.

I'm not saying anything against anyone disliking one or another or even getting headaches and stuff from it, I just thought you should know what's up before freaking out or attacking something wrongly.
By the way, I get migraines that last a week or so from aspartame. I eat sugar 99% of the time, but Splenda's nice for when I'm drinking iced tea or something that I tend to put a bit too much sugar in.

I'm allergic to quite a few chemicals.
Espcially the ones in bubble gum. sad

The Flower Seller

Hyperactive CrayonMuffin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:14 pm
BLECH.
SPLENDA TASTES LIKE DISHWASHER SOAP.
mad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:13 am
Splenda is the cheap way for losing weight.
I think... ninja  

Xx-Like Fragile Glass-xX

witchunterobin

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:12 pm
Splenda tastes better than Equal but the taste is the equivelent to cardboard unless mixed in with something. I could not and will never replace Sugar for any sweetner for desserts or food dishes. That is just a culinary crime. The aspartame thing is a little weird and I'm on grey as far as that goes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:48 pm
http://www.steviacafe.net/dangers-of-splenda  

Jemonas_Cure

Jemonas_Cure

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 pm
I would choose sugar over splenda any day.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:22 pm
Sugar all the way. I hate splenda. *ick*  

Nilly Tsegrah

Aerorocker007

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:13 pm
Splenda is like the biggest fail ever created. Ugh, its so nasty.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:36 am
@desu but i drink spring water
I HATE splenda its nasty  

clownfriend

Lonely Seraph

"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games