Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
What's up with the Twilight Movie?????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think that Robert Pattison was a good choice for Edward?
  Yup
  Nope
  HE ROCKS!!!!!!!
  Robert who?
View Results

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:05 pm
Haven't read twilight, but I have read the Demonata series and can't wait for that to come out, even though it will probably be REALLY crap.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:20 pm
Ya... I imagined Edward a bit more... handsome... ugh... someone help them with casting people! ><  

ClumsyDino

Dapper Gekko

Jimmy_Squarefoot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:26 pm
I never thought the books were all that great anyway. I mean yes it's a pretty good story but, the Twilight books are just so overrated.

Plus it's just that kind of book that I think should never become a movie.
Just because the characters are impossible to fill without complete CGI.
I mean if you think about there is no actor or actress worthy to act out a character that has complete beauty. No actor can ever be as beautiful as the Cullens are, when described in the books.
Also, a person may think one person is the perfect vampire when another thinks the same actor is the perfect garbage man. You can't take something so surreal like Twilight and put it on screen without pixelated help. (and then it's just as surreal as the imagination so what's the point)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:52 pm
ugh... this is the fith twilight thing ive posted in... mustav' been a good book... my perdiction, it will be exactly the same as harry potter...  

Organization13_Larxene

pepper79

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:24 pm
probably  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 pm
Gaspard Ulliel would have been a better Edward. When I read the book I always imagined him as Edward. And now the movie is going to be ruined.  

B3low Zer0z Bassist

Octaru250
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I havent read the book, but the movie seems quite interesting...I definitely wont be paying $10.50 or $7.50(If you go before 6pm) to see this movie...probably will wait for it to come out on DVD, and from what I've heard, I dont think I'll be reading the book...the trailer looks OK though.

♠ ◊ ♣ ♥

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:09 pm
To me, a movie based off a book is a different version of it. I never expect them to be the same. Sometimes movies are better than their book counterparts, sometimes their worse.
I don't really like Robert playing Edward, but then again ... I don't really like Twilight. I'm curious to know how the movie will be interpreted though.  

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

Lustful Mistress Panda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:39 pm
I saw a trailer that a fan of the books made and it seemed like it was promising. Mainly because the guy playing Edward was freaking hot. Anyways...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 am
I totally think that he is the wrong choice for part of Edward. He just doesn't seem to fit the image. Though I think they got Bella right a girl who not amazingly beautiful, but just enough to draw attention. It was a very wise choice at least on Bella, the Cullen family is another thing. None of them seem to mysterious, startling beautiful, floating angel type people to me, but hey no one that I know is like that. rolleyes  

Oyanyx

Laili

Friendly Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:22 am
Countess Erzebeth Bathory
The books aren't masterpieces. Entertaining, but way overrated.
I don't like Kristen Stewart as Bella, but I disliked Bella in the book anyway.

Actually, looking at what the actors look like in the pictures I've seen, I didn't imagine any of them that way.
I was imagining them all with this intense beauty and I see the actress who plays Bella and I think I could say she may even outshine them.

I think Robert Pattison is probably the best they have in that cast.
Using some of the pictures I've seen as reference, he does fit the tall, dark and handsome appearance Edward did.
But in others he looks way too shabby...

I'll watch the movie.
Because I'm sure it will at least be entertaining.
I'll either enjoy seeing how filmmakers change everything about a movie once again, or it might genuinely be entertaining.

I must agree with you on Bella. I think the actress they picked looks a little too young. If she looked a tad bit more older, I wouldn't mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:33 pm
yeah me too!!!! i think it will still be a good movie though  

monkey_bubbles_1995

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out